The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #76
70cst

Re: lets hear stories about how people dislike our trucks!!

70cstjr likes the Circuit Rider...now my wife use to say the only time she saw it running was behind a tow truck. Ok...so she was right. But in about three months my truck will complete a 14-15 month restoration and I still will have less into it than a fully loaded new truck. Between a new Chevy p/u or a fully loaded 1970 cst BB C10...which will draw more attention and get more respect. I rest my case!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #77
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

No ones really ever insulted my GMC, because it had the most horsepower in the school parking lot when I first brought it to school. But there was the one kid I know whos got a late 90's F-150, and he thinks its pretty hot stuff. Its got a Superchip in it, headers, catback duals, K&N cold air intake...who knows what else. Well anyways, he was always saying how fast his truck was and how itd smoke everything around and blah blah blah. So, finally one day we met up, and I said "Jump in, I wanna show you something". By the time I hit 65 in 3rd gear and shifted to 4th, he told me to let off cause he had nothing to hang onto.

You just gotta love an old truck thats alot faster than it looks, makes life so much more fun.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #78
72Levi

Frankly I never care what people think or say. My wife dislikes my trucks (K5 & Stepside) every time extra money is needed to buy something she says why don't you sell your trucks and we fight. I tell her to leave my trucks out of it. I buy her a new Buick Enclave, a big beautiful house, built her a new 20'x40' gym, and she stays home with the boys and she still rags on my trucks, never even helps me with it, geez women! I tell her with everything always going on my trucks are great stress relievers for me, (I have my own company) "Noooo... sell the "old" trucks why do you need them"? Quiet already about old trucks! She just does not get it, these are classic trucks, instead of going out drinking there is nothing like working on American classic trucks/cars some days. She's a good mom, but leave my trucks alone! My boys love the K5 and the stepside, some day when I'm done and gone the trucks will belong to them. Yes I like my CTS-V, but I'll keep my K5 always. Do what you want to do and never care if people/wife dislike our trucks, preserve our Old Classic American trucks, its what my dad always had and its what I learned with.
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!

Last edited by 72Levi; 12-23-2008 at 01:36 AM.
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #79
cstm68

peopl would laugh when i pulledup in the parking lot at school on nice days in my truck with a bare steel front clip and the rest primer grey and missing all 4 windows and the hood but still on 20'' chrome wheels then i rolled up to prom with it slamed and a fresh bright orange paint job. then they understood.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #80
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by OARNGESI View Post
Nice bikes
Thanks, I'm trying to finish my roadie so I can start on my truck.

See my builds here>http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/nickrp_2006/

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
David Crockett
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #81
LuckyHenriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstm68 View Post
peopl would laugh when i pulledup in the parking lot at school on nice days in my truck with a bare steel front clip and the rest primer grey and missing all 4 windows and the hood but still on 20'' chrome wheels then i rolled up to prom with it slamed and a fresh bright orange paint job. then they understood.
Thats awesome! I love stories like that
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
LuckyHenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #82
drewdude92
72 chevys 4 life

well today at work...i had my truck pulled into the garage about to put in some ps fluid a guy had come mid 20s and was getting a tire fixed he saw my 72 and was like wow your daddy wouldnt buy you a newer truck? i told him no this is what ive always wanted and this is what i bought. He thought it was a junker and all til i popped the hood =D haha the look on his face lit up and apologized it was great
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #83
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

If I lived and spent on what other people thought and said. I'd been broke years ago!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #84
LuckyHenriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdude92 View Post
well today at work...i had my truck pulled into the garage about to put in some ps fluid a guy had come mid 20s and was getting a tire fixed he saw my 72 and was like wow your daddy wouldnt buy you a newer truck? i told him no this is what ive always wanted and this is what i bought. He thought it was a junker and all til i popped the hood =D haha the look on his face lit up and apologized it was great
Not criticizing in any way, but what motor do you have? Sounds like it must be something nice!
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #85
justcuz

Everbody in my wifes family gives me crap about my old stuff. But my teenage nephews love them and want to buy them all the time!

When the kids were young, everbody would give me crap about my cars, I finally asked my in-laws, do your grandkids look like they are starving? Have I ever asked to borrow money from you? Does your daughter always dress nice and fix you great holiday meals? My final comment around the holiday table with everone present was "until you start making my house payments, keep your opinions to your self!"

That pretty much shut them up!

I own a dozen vehicles and have no car payments.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #86
72junker

My 72 GMC rat has been in the garage at work since July. The GM always gives me crap in front of everyone. The other day in a big meeting, he asked when I was gonna move that broken down POS. I told him it starts every time. Just then (from the least expected source) the Director of F&B stands up and says your just jealous he's got the nicest truck in the garage. I paid $1300 for my junker at the beginning of the year; at least some people appreciate a work in progress.
72junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #87
drewdude92
72 chevys 4 life

its just a 350 small block nothing special just all chromed out....
Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #88
LuckyHenriksen

Oh ok well my old chromed out 350 gets lots of attention to so I know what you mean. I thought you might be hiding and LS1 in there =]
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
Old 12-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #89
drewdude92
72 chevys 4 life

bahaha i wish...its gettin a new motor soon startin to knock lol...found me a 71 with strong motor tranny and limited slip rearend for 300 bucks... =) goin to get it hopefully tomorrow
Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #90
LuckyHenriksen

sounds like a lucky score to me
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
Old 12-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #91
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

When I drive my red '69 C/10 or 67 C-30 dually around, I get a lot of questions and positive comments. I get a lot of "what you want for it?" questions with the '69 and lot questions about the dually whether it came that way, etc. Now when I drive the blue beater '69 c/10, I get a lot funny looks and I've even got a lot of "where did you dig thing up?" When I drive the ramp truck, people usually try to stay out of my way. I have friend that always says "I saw you out in that spooky looking old black car hauler yesterday". Oddly enough, I have more people come up and try to buy the ramp truck than the red '69!

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #92
OARNGESI

Wow i like the blue one the best outa the for either way nice colection
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #93
manimal

I get "The LOOK" from all of my neighbors. They drive beemers,audis,new trucks. I hate 'em. I especially can's stand those yuppie b*tches that think you're scum cause you drive an 'old' truck. It really pisses me off. I dont go around telling anyone else what they have to drive. I love my trucks.
-Lance
1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT

Last edited by manimal; 12-24-2008 at 02:57 PM.
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #94
LuckyHenriksen

I get that look from people at the gas station as I come rumbling in, they stare at me from their Hondas. I usually laugh and rev my motor when I leave, 'cept that one time my carb flooded and I was stuck there.....
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
Old 12-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #95
Ackattack

I haven't gotten much crap for driving these old trucks for the last 11 years. When I got my 72 GMC my junior year of HS, most people dug it. One guy who had a late 70s pickup was always giving me crap wanting to race him. So finally after our graduation practice we lined up.....and I blew him away. Then we turned around and I did it again. It was great.

The only other person that ever gave me crap was my older sister that called it the "POS". But that's kind of expected with an older sister.

I guess I've been lucky, my dad had a 69 SWB when I was younger (that's when I fell in love with these trucks) and my father in law has a 70 C-10 and I bought my brother in law a $500 72 C-10.....best of all I talked my wife into getting my 68 SWB and doing a full on resto-mod to it.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #96
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

When I pull up to the gas station to fill up, people look at me like a fat kid bellying up to a fridge. They act like I'm going to take all the gas. The neighbor on one side hates it. They especially hated the day I ran the '71 with my new-to-me free headers - only. I was so proud and was revving and smiling. I was sooooo proud. They were sooooo p!$$&d. This is my hobby, therapy, passion and it keeps me out of trouble (normally). In the beginning my wife didn't care for my choices for toys and tools. She must be coming around since my Christmas present from her was lots fixed on my truck. I got new brake lines and anything else needed for good braking, clutch adjusted, ignition replaced, oil leak fixed (replaced chrome timing cover), heater hoses hooked up, speedometer fixed, and HEI distributer tinkered with for some reason. Yup - she loves me. All this because I didn't have time. I get laid off Friday, so I have plenty of time to play again. Ahhh, some quality time at home.... with my neighbors. Merry Christmas everyone.
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 AM   #97
justcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
When I drive my red '69 C/10 or 67 C-30 dually around, I get a lot of questions and positive comments. I get a lot of "what you want for it?" questions with the '69 and lot questions about the dually whether it came that way, etc. Now when I drive the blue beater '69 c/10, I get a lot funny looks and I've even got a lot of "where did you dig thing up?" When I drive the ramp truck, people usually try to stay out of my way. I have friend that always says "I saw you out in that spooky looking old black car hauler yesterday". Oddly enough, I have more people come up and try to buy the ramp truck than the red '69!

I still think you should polish up the blue one. No paint, just polish it up, leave the dents, scratches, etc. for effect. I saw a mid 70's blue dually crew cab today at work, lots of nice blue paint under the oxidation. If it were for sale I'd a bought it on the spot.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #98
TRUCKER-TRUCKIN'
Rally Wheel Club

I am the wife. My husband made me read this thread. I feel bad now. I have really given him a horrible time about that bucket of rust taking up space in the garage. I hated that thing. It is soo ugly...even if it ever gets done, to me it will still be ugly. However, after reading this and realizing that there are more of you out there and that this obssession is not rare.... I have decided to tolerate the mangled heap of metal he so loving refers to as "awesome". I will from now on also tolerate his countless hours in the garage, when I think he should be inside, doing whatever. I have given him so much grief, and I never want my hubby to feel about me the way youall have felt about those that have given you grief!! This thread has reformed my attitude....BUT...I still will never ride in it!
TRUCKER-TRUCKIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #99
LuckyHenriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Levi View Post
Frankly I never care what people think or say. My wife dislikes my trucks (K5 & Stepside) every time extra money is needed to buy something she says why don't you sell your trucks and we fight. I tell her to leave my trucks out of it. I buy her a new Buick Enclave, a big beautiful house, built her a new 20'x40' gym, and she stays home with the boys and she still rags on my trucks, never even helps me with it, geez women! I tell her with everything always going on my trucks are great stress relievers for me, (I have my own company) "Noooo... sell the "old" trucks why do you need them"? Quiet already about old trucks! She just does not get it, these are classic trucks, instead of going out drinking there is nothing like working on American classic trucks/cars some days. She's a good mom, but leave my trucks alone! My boys love the K5 and the stepside, some day when I'm done and gone the trucks will belong to them. Yes I like my CTS-V, but I'll keep my K5 always. Do what you want to do and never care if people/wife dislike our trucks, preserve our Old Classic American trucks, its what my dad always had and its what I learned with.
Shes mad cuz you bought her a Buick Enclave
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
Old 01-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #100
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKER-TRUCKIN' View Post
I am the wife. My husband made me read this thread. I feel bad now. I have really given him a horrible time about that bucket of rust taking up space in the garage. I hated that thing. It is soo ugly...even if it ever gets done, to me it will still be ugly. However, after reading this and realizing that there are more of you out there and that this obssession is not rare.... I have decided to tolerate the mangled heap of metal he so loving refers to as "awesome". I will from now on also tolerate his countless hours in the garage, when I think he should be inside, doing whatever. I have given him so much grief, and I never want my hubby to feel about me the way youall have felt about those that have given you grief!! This thread has reformed my attitude....BUT...I still will never ride in it!

Just one ride in it, after he has made it unique and you will change your mind. If not, then we all feel for him; seriously. Yes it is a pile of rust, but then do you suppose he has thoughts of your spending time doing some of your favorite things? I would venture to say, he may have his world and you have yours, but after the lights go out, you have to get along.

Last edited by piecesparts; 01-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote