The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #76
70 Suburban
Rods

Re: Had my truck custom painted last night

this is why I would rather it happen to me... one shame on you twice shame on me.
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #77
OARNGESI

Sorry to see that truck was nice and those tires made that truck hope you get it back together and that your problems are over its really sad you cant keep your own stuff at your own house because this stuff
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #78
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

To prove the point, put new tires, paint over their mark, and put it back in the street. Idiots like this feed on fear. They try and strike it into you by attacking the truck. Move the family out, and put the truck back and place, and wait out a night and watch.
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #79
Primered_69

Some advice form someone who has spent a lot of years working with gang members (especially in Fort Worth)...
1. Most likely the second act was not the same person as the first. The change in methodology from the paint tagging to scratching suggests different people same gang possbibly...however, it could be the work of a wannabe or someone wanting to brag to others that are actually gang to get some street creed.
2. You are most likely looking at someone who is pre-driving age because of multiple cars hit with spray paint . If it was car activity it would have been more broken windows and such.
3. The only violence usually that occurs in these instances is if someone is interupted in the act. But most often results in them fleeing.
4. If in fact it was done by the same people. The acts were not targeting you. It is very common for them to come back through to investigate their work. And if it has been removed to reapply (but most often with paint like the first time)
5. The worse thing you could do and the only thing that would bring escalation on your point if you started "mad dogging" everyone. Or go out and let everyone know you are pissed about it and bad talk the gang. This may anger some of the more serious people involved in gang life.
6. Saying this, I have seen this happen in the TCU area, in the Wedgewood area, and Southeast Fort Worth. Gangs are everywhere. Your neighborhood is one of the safer areas around. You don't have to live in fear but you always have to be aware.
7 Keep you garage door closed for awhile and they will forget about you. they have ADHD and little balls. If they do not get an immediate attention they will wander off.

I am glad you made changes but remember you do not have anything to fear...but just keep you eyes open.

Last edited by Primered_69; 04-16-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Primered_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #80
ratrod67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primered_69 View Post
Some advice form someone who has spent a lot of years working with gang members (especially in Fort Worth)...
1. Most likely the second act was not the same person as the first. The change in methodology from the paint tagging to scratching suggests different people same gang possbibly...however, it could be the work of a wannabe or someone wanting to brag to others that are actually gang to get some street creed.
2. You are most likely looking at someone who is pre-driving age because of multiple cars hit with spray paint . If it was car activity it would have been more broken windows and such.
3. The only violence usually that occurs in these instances is if someone is interupted in the act. But most often results in them fleeing.
4. If in fact it was done by the same people. The acts were not targeting you. It is very common for them to come back through to investigate their work. And if it has been removed to reapply (but most often with paint like the first time)
5. The worse thing you could do and the only thing that would bring escalation on your point if you started "mad dogging" everyone. Or go out and let everyone know you are pissed about it and bad talk the gang. This may anger some of the more serious people involved in gang life.
6. Saying this, I have seen this happen in the TCU area, in the Wedgewood area, and Southeast Fort Worth. Gangs are everywhere. Your neighborhood is one of the safer areas around. You don't have to live in fear but you always have to be aware.
7 Keep you garage door closed for awhile and they will forget about you. they have ADHD and little balls. If they do not get an immediate attention they will wander off.

I am glad you made changes but remember you do not have anything to fear...but just keep you eyes open.

As you can tell by my post time sleep will be scarce around here for a while. Seems like every little noise has me looking outside to see what's going on. My wife and I really appreciate your kind offer of a set of wheels and tires to get my truck back into driving condition. That was exactly the type of thing I needed to hear as I'm thinking the worst of people. Thank you for getting my mind back to normal. I'm sure I'll have a few late nights and I hope everything goes back to normal. Thanks again to everyone who has posted.
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 AM   #81
MonteSS454
Account Suspended

Let the wife and kids stay at the neighbors and have some buddies across the street watching and when someone suspicious rolls through have them call and get a plate number or come out with a shotgun. That would scare them off (Well the young punks anyways)
MonteSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #82
Primered_69

I am going to ask some of the staff at the Sherriffs department that I know that lives in that area to keep driving by every so often in the personal vehicles, some of the people that work for the courtesy patrol for the State...and I drove by a couple of times last night as I left the jail and had some errands before going home.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #83
chrislehr
Engine n00b

WOW WTF I WOULD keeeeeeeel someone.

Nice truck tho :-\
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #84
chrislehr
Engine n00b

OH HELL. just read page 3. Unbelievable. I would be moving (either to fit the truck in the garage, or to GTFO of that neighborhood)
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #85
chevellelover
chevellelover

That sucks man!!!!!! Its sad that people don't have respect for other peoples cars. It's funny though if it happened to them they would have a cow. I got egged the other day. It's sad that some people in society think that's cool and funny.
chevellelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #86
70rs/ss

I watched gangland last night on the history channel specifically because of this EBK thing. The Hoovers in Portland, OR use the EBK thing, so it may be a deal that bangers use? Man that truely does suck. I work with kids and worked with HS aged kids in not so nice neighborhoods (we had a gang fight the last day of school a few years back and it was a complete maylee, over 50 kids were arrested, no shootings, but several fights). Anyways taggers are out for the recognition, so yeah you removed his tag and he or one of his buddies wasn't too happy. If it gets crossed out, that means someone else intends to (kill) the tagger, so moving the vehicle was the best bet, and a monitoring system is an excellent idea, Sam's and Costco sell inexpensive set-ups and they can film in the dark and are motion activated. Catch them and prosecute, killin someone over this isn't worth the amount of crap it could bring down on you. Retalliation is a Biatch and you don't want to play that game with a group of folks who have nothing to lose, you can't beat them

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 04-17-2009 at 01:14 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #87
ratrod67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primered_69 View Post
I am going to ask some of the staff at the Sherriffs department that I know that lives in that area to keep driving by every so often in the personal vehicles, some of the people that work for the courtesy patrol for the State...and I drove by a couple of times last night as I left the jail and had some errands before going home.
PM sent
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote