The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #76
sbc383rulz

Cool Re: Headed to court again...for restoring classic trucks!

best of luck in a bad situation, if you need signatures i can come up with a few after i get back from Iraq. its amazing how the government in WA goes after small business'. good luck and let me know any way i can help.
sbc383rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #77
Ackattack

Re: Headed to court again...for restoring classic trucks!

I've been to a lot of salvage yard and organized isn't something that pops in my mind

I'm really suprised that they've given you such a hassle. I mean you have a legitimate business that involves automobile restoration. I could understand if they were giving you some hassle without a business licence, but this is redicolous.

Also, based on what those people testified, it seems that they just interpret it how they want on that day. I sure hope you come out on the good end of the judges decision.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #78
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I wonder if a comparison of your financial records from the legal business and the few spare used parts sales would make a difference.

take pics of your organized house to show you normally live this way.

if this is the case I could be in big trouble with the way my tool box is laid out. I suppose I could be mistaken as a Snap-On or Matco dealer.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #79
truckdude239

if you need sigs for something let me know i will help in any way i can

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #80
Shane
Account Suspended

Makes you wonder if they have come to this site and seen you listed as a vendor who sells multiple parts?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #81
BIG ORANGE

Good luck Frank, this is down right wrong what yr going through!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #82
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp51chevy View Post
I'm not defending them, but it's their only job; handing out tickets. I've even heard that they ticket their own.
When I hear the "I`m just doing my job" bit I reply with,"So,what you`re telling me is you sold your sole for the mighty dollar?".There`s other lines of work for those with a conscience.I could never have a job like that.I have to live my good principals rather than die a hypocrit.
I don`t understand where money comes in and it`s a wasted resource to have state patrol enforcing such bi-laws.Around here the trooper enforce laws,not ordinances.The county has employees who work for permits and zoning.They would issue a notice and if you don`t comply,then comes a zoning hearing...something we have a right to.If you don`t get a variance and refuse to comply,then a fine comes into play for non compliance to the findings of the hearing that gave you a chance to defend your right.The goal of zoning is to manage property use for the fairness of all.Do thet divade the money amongt your neighbore for being so grossly violated?It`s all about revenue and is pure extortion,as Frank already stated.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #83
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Good call Tim!! I think there are alot of worse things the states ought to be worried about
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #84
leddzepp

Everybody is broke. The state will do whatever they can to squeeze a buck out of you. Hope it works out for you, what a drag.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #85
Boog
laying low

That's a bad deal Frank. Are you being singled out? Are they going after anyone with more than a couple vehicles being parted out in the yard?
Like was said the State Police should absolutely be paying more attention to much more important and life threatening issues than whether you or anyone else are selling a few used parts and some tax dollars aren't being collected. I mean is that really some big industry you're operating in your yard Frank? Unbelievable!
If the WSP has enough officers they can go out and survey properties and research permits and interview citizens like yourself then they're overstaffed and can cut their budget by eliminating some of them if they're not needed on the streets protecting and serving.
I saw a quote a while back that comes to mind.
Something about a tax is a fine.
You are fined for doing bad
You are taxed for doing good
or something like that.
Dogooders and their neverending quest to get into private citizens lives and make them do as they think they should do.
These days the overused word is "offended". Seems everbody is "offended" by someone else and what they did or said. A little cash will make them all feel better. Most likely in your case the right palms get greased and your problems will go away. At least until another day. But you can't give in too easily. Make them earn it!
My neighborhood has been annexed and it's getting crowded. I have a city inspector living behind me too. About time for me to move.....
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #86
mr48chev

Not a bad idea for anyone thinking about selling parts that doesn't want who knows who knowing where he lives or what he has.

If I sell something I usually take it to work with me and have the buyer meet me there or at the mini market a quarter mile away.

One of Frank's big problems is that he is very close to the State Capitol and all the main offices for the various government departments that he is having to deal with.
A few minutes to take a jaunt out by his place and see if they can make an easy catch on a legit guy who is just trying to help someone out on a driver quality truck. You can almost bet that they sent "the new guy" in the office too.

Frank, I'd think that if you had clear titles in your name to the rigs that you owned and had as future projects it would serve as pretty good proof that you weren't running a side business of junking them out.

Producing a photo of the shiny brand new bumper on your truck that you pulled the old one off might be a plus too. They might not comprehend the difference between pulling off a "driver quality bumper" to replace it with a "show quality bumper" and then selling the driver quality bumper to someone who claimed he didn't have the money for one of your new ones off the rack in the showroom or back room. Liken it to one of them selling their old 27 inch TV to someone who could use it because they bought a new 40 inch lcd flat screen from Costco and the old one was still good enough for someone who you thought couldn't afford a new one to use.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #87
John Gilbert

Did any of you guys check out SEMA SAN to see what's going on in your state? Here's a link to some of what's happening in WA. We beat it this time, but they'll be back. 30 mpg? yeah, can you haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood in one of those 30 mpg wonders.

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62707
John Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #88
D-Rat

At best you're going to end up with some fat lawyer bills. Pretty lousy.

www.nissan4wheelers.com
D-Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #89
CCCC

Please look for PM.
67 Sting Ray Coupe 327 4sp; 68 K10 Suburban 327 4sp; 69 K20 Lifted 383 4sp; 69 C80 Fire Truck 478 V6 5sp/2sp; 69 C20 Longhorn 327 4sp; 70 C30 Wrecker 350 4sp; 70 C30 Flat Bed 350 4sp; 71 C20 LWB 350 4sp; 72 K5 Blazer 350 4sp; 72 C30 Flat Bed Gooseneck Hauler with sleeper 350/TH400; 72 C20 Longhorn 402 4sp; 52 Mack LTL Supercharged Cummins 5sp x 3sp; 01 Dodge 5.9 HO Cummins 6spd; 02 Safari Trek 2430 8.1 Vortec on Workhorse Chassis; 03 Silverado 2500 HD 4wd Duramax/Allison
Moved but still in the family
70 C20 Custom Camper 350/TH350; 72 K5 Blazer CST Highlander 350/TH350
Recently sent to new homes
72 C30 MoHome 402 4sp; 72 K5 Blazer Conv 350 4sp; 75 GMC 6000 Aerial 350 w Allison; 72 GMC 3500 Utility 350 4sp; 70 GMC 3500, 350 4sp
CCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #90
67OLDSTYLE72

I live 40 miles out of Pittsburgh Pa. in a rural area and just went threw a problem such as this. I sell parts at Carlisle and the Pittsburgh Part a rama new and used,I was turned in over the winter for the wrecking yard/parts trucks in my yard and was able to win in court by using a lope hole that i am a hobbist (which is in there by laws) n that i sale parts only at the parts a rama and only let people pick up items at my home not buy them there.

I was looking at a 500.00 a day fine n now i am grandfathered in before they change the local laws.
good luck and i hope this all works out for you. any help let me know thanks Jay
'71 Chevy Dually 4x4
'69 Chevy Pro Street swb.
'72 Chevy camper special 4x4 402 v8 (not factory) just cool. (truck puller)
70 Chevy swb 400 v8 400 turbo
72 Chevy suburban 4x4, 396 4spd.
68 Chevy shortbed 50th Anv. 327.
72 Chevy 2 wd. Blazer
69 Chevy swb 4x4 327 4spd.
58 Chevy Apache 4x4 swb.
71 Chevy CREW CAB swb 4x4 396 4spd. (just finished)
WE BUY AND SALE TRUCKS AND PARTS
67OLDSTYLE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #91
Travs rod shop

Wow Frank, I had no idea what goes on across town..What did they use a helicopter to find you ? You are very hidden from anybody's sight..now I am gonna have to get some cammo tarps for my stuff...good luck, but , as you know this state wont be happy till they run every buisness out of here ( like boeing ), and then where will they look for tax dollars ?
Travs rod shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #92
beebster

Location: Aurora,Il ..born,raised and still live in the same house

Hope things work out for ya.
An honest guy cant make a living or enjoy his hobby without the state trying to squeeze some money out of him.
5 grand is mind boggling!
beebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:56 AM   #93
Leviticus
Shake and Bake!

I'll bet if you were parting out Prius's they would have looked the other way, bastards Let us know how its going, and if we can help!

"You are remembered for the rules you break."
General Douglas MacArthur

"Support Our Troops And The NRA"
Leviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #94
JRBECK64

Isn't it nice to know that the Drug Dealers, Child Molesters and Illegals Have more rights than a Law Abiding United States Citizen has? I cant believe that WSP has that much time on their hands to be messing with you like they are. Sorry to hear what your going through and I hope there is someone in the system with a little bit of Common Sense and see's this for what it is. Sounds Like harrasment to me.
Keep up the good fight,
JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #95
BigRed Beast

Saddest thing about this is that it makes no sense to anyone living in the real world. Any appeal to common sense, obviously, has fallen on deaf ears. The strange irony about laws in our cities, counties and states is that they are proportedly there to protect us as citizens, but then manage to prosecute (and persecute) the very citizens they intended to protect.

Second saddest thing is that it's the little guy against city hall. Unlimited resources vs. very limited resources. Not only does the state have laws and interpretations of laws on their side, they also have an effective immunity against any recourse should you be found innocent. Can you go after the overzealous twit who started all this? No...so what's his motivation for bringing this to a courtroom? He can't lose even if he loses...he just "doing his job."

Not only is Frank fighting the law and its interpretation, he's also fighting the egos of all the folks brought by the state to testify against him. If you'e the judge, and you work around the state employees and agencies on a daily basis, are you really motivated to find for a guy you may never see again?

I'm just disgusted. What a huge waste of resources in a time when so many other offenses and causes need attention. Makes me wonder...about a lot of things...
BigRed Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #96
67chevy1series

ya tell me about it ever since i was little my dad would always get in trouble for workin on his 70 4 by then we bought a 68 burb they gave us **** and now im builden my 67 and i got some jack crack merced county drivin in some crappy newer ford askin me if im runnin a restoration and paint shop becauce my neighbor across the street called and said thta that what i was doin
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #97
caviness

any updates?
caviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #98
wzuke

What is the citation for your adm. decision and the statute that you are charged with violating?
wzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #99
68chevyfuelie

I'm not saying I agree with what the State is doing to you, but unfortunately that seems to be the way the world is going. One of the neighbouring cities to me just passed a by-law allowing the City permission to tow away vehicles, at the owners expense, that are parked on grass or other non-parking spots like the driveway or alleyway. Around here strip clubs are like salvage yards, the cities don't want them, and once they are gone, good luck getting a new operating license for one. The environmental laws are getting tougher and tougher all the time. It really sucks because it's a great hobby for a lot of people, and it's a great living for other people. I think as long as you operate your home-business/hobby in accordance with good conciense (sp?) and a good effort at good environmental practises, I don't see a problem with it. All of us need to do our part to keep doing what we love, before it's lost. Like everyone else here, I'm behind you Frank.
68chevyfuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #100
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

This whole mess is getting worse all over. Insurance companies are teaming up with states trying to get rid of wrecking yards and anything that looks like a parts yard. But like already mentioned, they are trying to get every penny they can out of everyone.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote