The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #76
SWB4x4

Re: Aaw-factory fit-classic update group buy

Mike,
I too am sorry about what happened with this because it left you not wanting to do anymore groupbuys....groupbuys will ALWAYS leave someone not happy and it is usually just from miscommunication.... as it seems like that is the case here(from what little I have read) but rest assured I will continue to buy parts from you as needed. Thank you very much from a satisfied customer!

1972 SWB 4X4 on 35"s with 6" lift all around 3/4 ton running gear with high steer and 4.88s 350/th350. SOON TO BE DONE:2" higher in front 37"s,LSX Swap,Hugger Orange & White Paint Scheme,Air Conditioning,Power Windows & Locks,Complete Gauge Kit,Tank Relocation,Double Din Nav with full Audio System.

My Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4169140
Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #77
68 short step

[quote=mbgmike;4214621]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
mike, just got off the phone with AAW...according to them, they have mine and other/s, ready to be shipped out, but your CC declind....this isnt the most irrating part, nor is waiting for over a month now with missleading information (see your quote above), but the most irrating part is they have been calling you, and leaving messages about this 'problem', with no responce from you...i too have been in there shoes, ive called you and left messages before with no responce...this is only the second time, and last, ive ordered items from you, and both times ive waited for over a month and had little to no responce from you.....so for everyone waiting on their harness here may be why[/QUOTE

I don't know who you talked to At AAW but Jennifer or I talk to them all the time. Was it aareon or Betty?? All have been shipped out last we heard and we were informed that one was declined on our card Yesterday. I wish you would have just called us instead of posting PARTIAL truths. We will refund your money. You do not have to buy from us.We did not misslead anyone. I was told they all shipped out. Then was informed one order was declined on card and it happened to be yours.Every one of them we have a reciept and the bank startment shows the money has been deducted. So I wish you would have spoken to us before posting mis informantion
We will not sell anymore group buys or offer sales on this forum. We tried to do people a favor and won't anymore. I will cancel your order and refund. You never once called us about the wiring harness
i talked to roy (or ray. i wrote it down, and dont have it infront of me now)...why, should i of called you when i asked you already on the board, if you knew about this then why did you post that all harness have been shipped?? if you knew one hasnt, then why didnt you contact me? or better yet why not contact AAW to clear up the confusion on the card? bottom line is i was misslead by you, and have nothing to show for it, as im still waiting on that refund (it shows up instantanily via paypal) so i guess when you said you'ld refund me, that'll be awhile too??? i dont think you did me any favor by only saving me 8$.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62-63...Q5fAccessories
Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #78
mbgmike

[quote=68 short step;4214808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post

i talked to roy (or ray. i wrote it down, and dont have it infront of me now)...why, should i of called you when i asked you already on the board, if you knew about this then why did you post that all harness have been shipped?? if you knew one hasnt, then why didnt you contact me? or better yet why not contact AAW to clear up the confusion on the card? bottom line is i was misslead by you, and have nothing to show for it, as im still waiting on that refund (it shows up instantanily via paypal) so i guess when you said you'ld refund me, that'll be awhile too??? i dont think you did me any favor by only saving me 8$.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/62-63...Q5fAccessories
PM sent
Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #79
68 short step

mike, quit drawing this out...refund me my money, like you said you would.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #80
68 short step

still waiting....
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=423776
Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #81
67C10BUB

I got my kit today and it looks very nice. Looks like a very thorough kit. I was a little disappointed to find out that I have to cut my fire wall to install, but it's not that big of a deal. If anyone wants to see pics of the install, follow the link in my sig to my build. I'll probably start on it this weekend.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #82
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10BUB View Post
I got my kit today and it looks very nice. Looks like a very thorough kit. I was a little disappointed to find out that I have to cut my fire wall to install, but it's not that big of a deal. If anyone wants to see pics of the install, follow the link in my sig to my build. I'll probably start on it this weekend.
Thats a nice looking truck.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #83
JWPOORE

Quote:
I look forward to following this install and any others who will be tackling this project soon. I could use all the help possible.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #84
68C10HotRod

I found these on ebay to help with my install. Hope they are good enough for the job but I just couldn't see spending another $200 on the "recommended" pair. Under $60 was a little easier to swallow.

Multi-Crimp Tool
Double Crimp Tool

I'll let everyone know next week when they get here.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 AM   #85
67C10BUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
Thats a nice looking truck.
Thanks, and thanks for the group buy. I know it turned into a real hassle for you, but it seems like it was AAW's fault, not yours.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #86
mbgmike

Quote:
Thanks, and thanks for the group buy. I know it turned into a real hassle for you, but it seems like it was AAW's fault, not yours.
We were happy to do it.
It was not a real hassle. It was not AAW's fault. We failed to live up to our customers. I am shocked that they gave out the fact that our credit card was declined. It was just a temporary thing. we have had customers that bought equipment over from us for over $10,000 USD and their card got declined. It just business. It was totally my fault. We do not open until 12:30 and alot transpired between the 27'th and 28'th. AAW fault is they should have refered the customer to us. I have contacted the president of AAW about this and we may not sell their products anymore. I feel like we failed to satisfy our customers but AAW was unfair to say our card was declined. We were in the process of transferring money and then we had a problem with one customer. AAW's fault is giving out distributors info. This really suprised me. I thought they were a more professional company. Overall our job is to satisfy the retail customer and i feel bad that we did not. Crap happens sometimes and it did this time. I failed to deliver.

Mike

Last edited by mbgmike; 10-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #87
bosephus

Talking Re: Aaw-factory fit-classic update group buy

Don't sweat the petty stuff...pet the (well you know where this is going).Anyway,I got my harness yesterday.Thanks Mike!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #88
chillware

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWPOORE View Post
So the AAW Classic Update kit #510089 for 67-72 Chevy Truck would be $450 total including shipping ($433 + $17 shipping)? When will this sale expire and do you accept Paypal as a form of payment for this?
Yo, these things are all over eBay for about the same price.. e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item230a04eb5d

Same part number, $458 free shipping.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #89
JWPOORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillware View Post
Yo, these things are all over eBay for about the same price.. e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item230a04eb5d

Same part number, $458 free shipping.
Yep, was going to order from Ebay originally, but figured why not buy from a supporting board member instead for the same price.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #90
68 short step

still waiting on that refund mike.....
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...13#post4225613

Last edited by 68 short step; 10-05-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Closed Thread