The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #76
tjvending

Re: My truck took a hit

Hey Guys, I may need some help with receipts. I need some for Cowl Hood, Fenders, Inter Fenders, Bumper front, Grill, Starter and anything else I can use against the Ins. I bought most of my new parts at Carilse and paid cash. If you can, fax'es them to me, at TJ Ricketts at 301-279-4998

I requested information on the two trucks they are comparing and both are POS! One doesn't even have a tailgate and needs a whole rear, they price that one at 2700.00, the other is a POS work truck, dirty and everything is missing, both have over 200,000 miles both are 307's, mines a 350. I send you pictures when I get a little time.
Oh Yea, the Total price now is 2300.00 and they keep the vehicle, I keep it at 1700.00 and a Salvage Title.
tjvending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #77
96blazr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvending View Post
One thing is, never leave your truck out on the street. Get the Insurance covarage need to have this thing covered. How would JC Talyor or Gundy handle this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd99 View Post
I am curious as well. After seeing what happened to you I am definitely ditching Progressive. JC Taylor seems like a great deal, better coverage and much lower price.

You should get a lawyer, try and get all the money back you have been paying them over the years. Make them bleed money.

JC Taylor, Grundy and Hagerty wouldn't be able to do anything about it, cause none of them could Insure this Truck. Why? In order to have a policy from them you must keep your vehicle in a Lockable Garage and you have to proof it before they'll issue a policy.
You simply cannot get "Classic/Antique" Insurance while having it parked on the street. If you can find a company that will, please let all of us know who they are.
I had a Double carport 2 houese before the house I own now and I still couldn't get any of the Big 3 to insure my 68. I had to wait till I got a lockable garage, then I had to take pictures and submit those before my policy was approved. And I've had a clean driving record my entire life!
Keep it off the street, if possible. If not, then at least park it in front of another car or Truck.

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #78
tjvending

Any help with this?

Hey Guys, I may need some help with receipts. I need some for Cowl Hood, Fenders, Inter Fenders, Bumper front, Grill, Starter and anything else I can use against the Ins. I bought most of my new parts at Carilse and paid cash. If you can, fax'es them to me, at TJ Ricketts at 301-279-4998

I requested information on the two trucks they are comparing and both are POS! One doesn't even have a tailgate and needs a whole rear, they price that one at 2700.00, the other is a POS work truck, dirty and everything is missing, both have over 200,000 miles both are 307's, mines a 350. I send you pictures when I get a little time.
Oh Yea, the Total price now is 2300.00 and they keep the vehicle, I keep it at 1700.00 and a Salvage Title.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #79
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvending View Post
Any help with this?

Did you buy from a vendor there? If so, try contacting them about obtaining a receipt. Or check and see if one of our vendors would be willing to give a receipt.

It's wrong that the comps are so far off. Have you contacted the state insurance board yet? Or mentioned that to either/both companies? Have you pulled comps off ebay that are in similar condition? look up the NADA value?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #80
tjvending

What would be the NADA value's be? Does anyone have this information? Let's say a 71 C-10 in good to very good shape. Also how about in Fair shape.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #81
Lee H

I just went to the NADA web site and get a price in about 20 seconds.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #82
stich626
Account Suspended

I'd tell progressive to pound sand..
did you even bother to stop at a shop and price out the repairs?????..
did you hit up lmc ,etc and price out the parts, progressive doesn't need to know a full bed is on craigs list..
price out the parts to fix, and the labor from the shop..
if progressive barks, remind them their insured left....
stand firm.. you want it fixed . and no salvage title..
also YOU print out for sale listings of "like" trucks for sale or sold,,(ebay,craigs list,autohunter online,etc) have print outs in hand.. have your shop app. in hand , hell get two..
your truck is drive able so, you got all the time in the world, just get a bulb in the tail light(paint it red) so you don't get a ticket)
if you have 10 sold or for sale adds at normal fair value prices and 2 shop app.
and a lawyers biz card in a file, and show that to them..
you'll do better..
you have to do the leg work..
also call hagardy and grundy and ask what trucks like yours are insured for (agreed value insurance)
ask them to e mail this to you..
that'll show the av value.
if they are hell bent on totaling it.. get the most from it, and your keeping it, and buying it back for 5 bucks..
then, take your highest body shop app. and sue the owner of the other car for the balance, and loss of value from a salvage title.. in small claims, with police report that he/she fled..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #83
67swb72klb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96blazr View Post
JC Taylor, Grundy and Hagerty wouldn't be able to do anything about it, cause none of them could Insure this Truck. Why? In order to have a policy from them you must keep your vehicle in a Lockable Garage and you have to proof it before they'll issue a policy.
You simply cannot get "Classic/Antique" Insurance while having it parked on the street. If you can find a company that will, please let all of us know who they are.
I had a Double carport 2 houese before the house I own now and I still couldn't get any of the Big 3 to insure my 68. I had to wait till I got a lockable garage, then I had to take pictures and submit those before my policy was approved. And I've had a clean driving record my entire life!
Keep it off the street, if possible. If not, then at least park it in front of another car or Truck.
u could check state farm they havent ever asked anything about parking on the street or having it in a locked up garage and the rates dont seem bad
Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #84
custom1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
I'd tell progressive to pound sand..
did you even bother to stop at a shop and price out the repairs?????..
did you hit up lmc ,etc and price out the parts, progressive doesn't need to know a full bed is on craigs list..
price out the parts to fix, and the labor from the shop..
if progressive barks, remind them their insured left....
stand firm.. you want it fixed . and no salvage title..
also YOU print out for sale listings of "like" trucks for sale or sold,,(ebay,craigs list,autohunter online,etc) have print outs in hand.. have your shop app. in hand , hell get two..
your truck is drive able so, you got all the time in the world, just get a bulb in the tail light(paint it red) so you don't get a ticket)
if you have 10 sold or for sale adds at normal fair value prices and 2 shop app.
and a lawyers biz card in a file, and show that to them..
you'll do better..
you have to do the leg work..
also call hagardy and grundy and ask what trucks like yours are insured for (agreed value insurance)
ask them to e mail this to you..
that'll show the av value.
if they are hell bent on totaling it.. get the most from it, and your keeping it, and buying it back for 5 bucks..
then, take your highest body shop app. and sue the owner of the other car for the balance, and loss of value from a salvage title.. in small claims, with police report that he/she fled..
I'm sorry, i don't understand what he wants, but everyone keeps telling him the same thing. "DO YOUR HOMEWORK"
This has been going on for a while, starting to wonder....
custom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #85
96blazr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67swb72klb View Post
u could check state farm they havent ever asked anything about parking on the street or having it in a locked up garage and the rates dont seem bad
It's not a matter of what he's paying as far as rates go. The insurance company is trying to Low-ball what the truck is "Supposed" to be worth.
I'm sure State Farm is a fine company, but when it comes to "Collector" Insurance no one is going to get insured by the major 3 without it being in a Garage, Period.
I'm glad State Farm hasn't asked about your truck and whether or not you keep it on the street, but by the way I read your post you don't have "Collectors" coverage. Hopefully you have full coverage with an Agreed value policy. If not........well.....good luck with that.

I agree with you also Custom1970.
While I feel for TJ, that can only go so far. They view this truck as a Old truck. We view the same truck as a piece of history and TJ's Pride-n-Joy.
If TJ wants to get as much as possible from them to help rebuild it, then TJ is going to have to stand his ground and do his homework.

TJvending, what does YOUR Insurance say about all this? Will they fix your truck and then battle with the other company to get repaid? Have they offered you anything for getting it repaired? and WHO do you have it insured by? How much coverage do you have on it?

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #86
tjvending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
I just went to the NADA web site and get a price in about 20 seconds.
Do they charge for this?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #87
70chevykidd

no they don't thankfully lol
Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #88
1quik70

Seems to me this fella, is wanting to make out like a bandit without putting in the leg work. Get off the board, and start making your calls to different vendors, and get your receipts, parts estimates, ect. Why should we be doing your leg work, you gonna send us a cut?

Everyone is dropping gold and your just not picking it up man, no free lunches! You have the ability to make out pretty good in this deal. I mean, you only need a new bed, and gate. If you can get them for what your truck is worth, you will be thousands ahead, if you do the work. You HAVE to put in the time and battle it out!

Last edited by 1quik70; 02-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
1quik70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #89
sbc383rulz

be glad your arent trying to get money out of allstate! the guy who hit me 4 years ago had allstate and i just finally got my compensation even though it was clearly his fault! go everywhere you can to get a blue book value and show that and ever receipt you can for the truck to the insurance company. allstate payed almost 9K to fix my 1969 gmc.

Gillis
sbc383rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #90
60ratrod
yes, i do

i'm glad i refuse to go with progressive or geico. i have state farm now and am fairly happy with them. i don't like going with insurance companies that i can't show up to their office and talk to them. at this point i would be telling them that i would have to consult my attorney before discussing this matter any further. i would also be going after the person that committed the hit and run

-60 Chevy C10, dead 350/good th350 combo, sitting on a 76 c10 blazer frame, built from 11 different vehicles "the abomination"
-07 gmt900 silverado 1500 lt xcab z71, granite blue
-81 suzuki gs650g "shelah"- current project
-81 kz1000m1 csr "sarge" -next project (just beautification)
-07 kawasaki vulcan classic vn900

Last edited by 60ratrod; 02-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #91
67swb72klb

yes it is agreed value but i dont park it it the street at my home but of coarse it does get parked there sometimes im just saying they dont say u are not covered if u do park in street
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #92
tjvending

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quik70 View Post
Seems to me this fella, is wanting to make out like a bandit without putting in the leg work. Get off the board, and start making your calls to different vendors, and get your receipts, parts estimates, ect. Why should we be doing your leg work, you gonna send us a cut?

Everyone is dropping gold and your just not picking it up man, no free lunches! You have the ability to make out pretty good in this deal. I mean, you only need a new bed, and gate. If you can get them for what your truck is worth, you will be thousands ahead, if you do the work. You HAVE to put in the time and battle it out!
Sorry to bother you. I'll stop posting to this tread. Thanks for your help. I have done my homework, thanks to you guys. I'm just stuck on the receipts, since I bought most of my stuff at Carisle. I'm also stuff with Progessive of totaling my truck. I'm going on with an appeal to show the value of the truck. Its not the amount of damage, its the value of the truck. $1700 is not MAKING IT OUT! AND A SALVAGE TITLE

Last edited by tjvending; 02-23-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #93
60ratrod
yes, i do

just keep us in the loop man. i wanna know how this turns out. personally i think that you can't be dealing with them 24/7. but i would seriously be looking into legal consultations right now. and again i would be going after the other driver too

-60 Chevy C10, dead 350/good th350 combo, sitting on a 76 c10 blazer frame, built from 11 different vehicles "the abomination"
-07 gmt900 silverado 1500 lt xcab z71, granite blue
-81 suzuki gs650g "shelah"- current project
-81 kz1000m1 csr "sarge" -next project (just beautification)
-07 kawasaki vulcan classic vn900
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #94
treveiger

I have a car and truck trader if with some trucks that are going for a pretty good price, i can look them up and send you the sights with the trucks on there and you can show that to them? This forum is ment to help people out and thats what were here for. Please if you need help feel free to ask!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #95
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by So.Cal.Super View Post
Don't let them bend you over!
You may have to lawyer up but don't let them try to push you around.
Right F'ing on!!!! Here's the problem. Most of us are set up (from birth) to be fair and nice.

Soooo, here comes the guy with the check. He's TRAINED to be nice to you. Until you see his offer. The second offer is less? Big surprise.
He finds something that sucks the value down of your truck after the first "bite"? That's called "hardball". And sometimes that's delivered as a "sinker".

We want to be nice to the guy with the check. And we CAN BE. Until he tries to corn-row us.

I'm no expert. But all I ever do in a case of culpability by someone else is to suggest to them,
in a firm tone, that I wasn't driving the errant car. Their client was. And all I want is to be made "whole".

Find a lawyer that might be a friend of a friend. One that will at least write a letter...maybe a $200 cost.
An attorney won't take this on contingency...that's for sure. Not enough "damage" for their 30-40% of payment.
But, if you just go "hourly", you can recover attorney's fees, too.

And, since I haven't read the whole thread, I don't know if it applies in this case or whether it's too late....
....ALWAYS tell them that you are getting the advice of your attorney and can not sign anything until he reviews
whatever they want you to sign.
But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 02-23-2011 at 11:56 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #96
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

i duno if i'd mention the idea of going after the driver personally till the truck is settled
rereading my post i forgot to add we have restitution appearently now and according to a police officer that called me when i go to court for his impared charge i might get another 2000.00 in restitution payment this must be new......didn't get it last time

duno if we have those "collecters gotta be in garages" clauses here
tell em "yup",........... they were in the box with the new headers" lol
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #97
stich626
Account Suspended

it's simple
1) print out 10 "like" trucks from hemmings,ebay,craigs list,autohunter classic's/etc, and be honest on "like" trucks
2) go to a body shop and have the damage aprased,, with parts listed that are going to be replaced and ones repaired..
now go online price out the parts ..every one listed on your bodyshop form. from two different vendors say lmc and brothers (you're not looking at saving money in this report,so no point in looking for the cheapest vendors)
print out your shop'n cart from both sites..
now go back to that body shop and ask them to rewrite the appras. with labor and parts, including the hours for each repair (part replacement,body time,paint time,materials, all of it..
then go to a 2nd shop and get the same.
now with 10 like truck listings/sales, 2 parts list vendor cost and 2 body shop apras.
drive to a progesive office..(if you can find one)
if not ..call and get a claims manager.. and talk to them..
with your paperwork(homework) and their adj. apras. and offer paperwork,(you did get copies of those RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)
stand firm.. and if they total it.. you want the real going value of "like trucks, as you know what they trade for..
and if they are still going to total it with the higher value(real sales of like trucks)
you want to buy it back for 100 bucks..
only way your getting around the salvage title if his insurance is set on total'n in out. is sue'n the owner of minivan for the total cost of the repairs and time lost,and court cost..

because you have "basic" coverage, instead of full,,or collector car,
you might be forced to take a check (your homework will deside on how big it'll be)
and buy it back,with salvage title(buy back cost is in your hands) I'd tell um I'm keeping it. and giving them nothing.. but you're more than likely gonna have to hand over a 100.oo to cover the new title..
then walk into small claims court and sue the owner of the van that hit you and the driver(if not the same) for the balance of the cost to fix ,that the insurance check didn't cover, (parts/shipping/labor/materials/rental car/) and devalue a tion from salvage title..

face it. you're more than likely stuck..
your card are to get info that raises the value of the truck.. to get a bigger check
then pay as little as you can to buy it back..(fight them here, reminging the claims manager that you where the one hit)
the sue for the balance..
sorry thats the way it is..
remember to pick apart the trucks that they are use'n to value your truck.. showing every little thing thats wrong/missing on those that your isn't(wasn't)
miles on the trucks is mute.. as there is no way to tell yours doesn't have a million miles on it..
good luck.. a day or 2 of leg work and calls would have netted you a bigger check..
and don't forget to print out edmons and nada numbers ..
get your @$$ in gear..
good luck.. sadly it maybe to late.. and your gonna be stuck.. and have to sue..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #98
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
it's simple....snip....
good luck.. sadly it maybe to late.. and your gonna be stuck.. and have to sue..
Nice job, stitch. That was great of you to write that. I'm copying it for my document stash.

And I HOPE I never have to refer to it.
But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #99
tjvending

Quote:
it's simple
1) print out 10 "like" trucks from hemmings,ebay,craigs list,autohunter classic's/etc, and be honest on "like" trucks
2) go to a body shop and have the damage aprased,, with parts listed that are going to be replaced and ones repaired..
now go online price out the parts ..every one listed on your bodyshop form. from two different vendors say lmc and brothers (you're not looking at saving money in this report,so no point in looking for the cheapest vendors)
now go back to that body shop and ask them to rewrite the appras. with labor and parts, including the hours for each repair (part replacement,body time,paint time,materials, all of it..
now with 10 like truck listings/sales, 2 parts list vendor cost and 2 body shop apras.
with your paperwork(homework) and their adj. apras. and offer paperwork,(you did get copies of those RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)
stand firm.. and if they total it.. you want the real going value of "like trucks, as you know what they trade for..
and if they are still going to total it with the higher value(real sales of like trucks)
only way your getting around the salvage title if his insurance is set on total'n in out. is sue'n the owner of minivan for the total cost of the repairs and time lost,and court cost..

you might be forced to take a check (your homework will deside on how big it'll be)
and buy it back,with salvage title(buy back cost is in your hands) I'd tell um I'm keeping it. and giving them nothing.. but you're more than likely gonna have to hand over a 100.oo to cover the new title..
then walk into small claims court and sue the owner of the van that hit you and the driver(if not the same) for the balance of the cost to fix ,that the insurance check didn't cover, (parts/shipping/labor/materials/rental car/) and devalue a tion from salvage title..

your card are to get info that raises the value of the truck.. to get a bigger check
then pay as little as you can to buy it back..(fight them here, reminging the claims manager that you where the one hit)
remember to pick apart the trucks that they are use'n to value your truck.. showing every little thing thats wrong/missing on those that your isn't(wasn't)
miles on the trucks is mute.. as there is no way to tell yours doesn't have a million miles on it..
good luck.. a day or 2 of leg work and calls would have netted you a bigger check..
get your @$$ in gear..
Great Information, kind of what everyone has given me. I'm giving them my appeal today, it has all of the things you said. The only thing is Progessive wants $600.00 to buy the Salvage Title back, doesn't thiis seem high? I'm not going to let them do this, even if I have to fix's the truck myself and put a Law Suite against the Owner and the driver.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #100
tjvending

Quote:
it's simple

get your @$$ in gear..
Great Information, kind of what everyone has given me. I'm giving them my appeal today, it has all of the things you said. The only thing is Progressive wants $600.00 to buy the Salvage Title back, doesn't thiis seem high? I'm not going to let them do this, even if I have to fix's the truck myself and put a Law Suit against the Owner and the Driver.