The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #76
502ms

Re: Anybody get more tickets because they drive these trucks??

Cops love my truck. I was eating dinner with the wife...cop came over. Got out of his car...circled it, came to the window, pointed at the truck, and gave me two thumbs up
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #77
71veronica

YES, i got pulled over for almost crossing the double yellow line and because it was to loud. i know right what a freakin joke! for a while I was getting pulled over twice a week. only one occasion when I got pulled over the cop said my truck "is pretty nice".
71veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #78
MacGyver72

Sooooo many stories. Some officers have prejudices. Most do not. I am fortunate enough to have only experienced one that was. He was a small town officer (pop 500) and he fit every bad stereotype. The funniest story is when I was pulled over in 1988 driving a 1962 Impala that I took to car shows. I was pulled over for running a yellow light. Yes, I said yellow. He said that I didn't proceed with enough caution to appease him. Then he began berating me for not wearing a seat belt. I calmly told him that my car didn't have any. He said, "Well when it was built it had them." I of course corrected him and said that in 62 they were an option and my car was not - in fact - built with them. I could see him getting mad but I told him that if he wanted, he could give me a ticket for the seat belt since I was legal with the light but bear in mind, it'll get dismissed due to grandfather clauses in the law for old cars. He stormed back to his car saying he had no time to mess with me.

My 72 Cheyenne Super broke down yesterday and my wife and I were pulling it to a shop with a strap and a cop stopped to help and held traffic back as we towed. Also, I had to push start my motorcycle a couple of months ago and a cop controlled traffic so I could do it safely.
MacGyver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #79
young grasshoppa

I've also noticed the speed limits in Boise are lower than most places, and that people like to drive slow in the "fast lane" on the interstate.
young grasshoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #80
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by young grasshoppa View Post
I've also noticed the speed limits in Boise are lower than most places, and that people like to drive slow in the "fast lane" on the interstate.
I hate when people from Idaho come to town. They camp out in the fast lane in some 90's Buick, going 10 under the speed limit, with a funeral procession of angry drivers lined up behind them. Move the hell over
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #81
shopking72

Only time I get any attention from the police is just say they like my truck and to BS.
2001 Tahoe LT
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2010 Kawasaki Z1000
shopking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #82
bk2life
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
Got a feeling my 496 is going to get me in a bit of trouble......
you got a build on said motor? i dont want to hijack this thread, but im interested as mine is almost ready for pick up..
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #83
cedorris
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super

I've been pulled over several times for not wearing my seat belt - I have no shoulder harness. Every time I remind the officer that in 72 a shoulder harness was optional, assure them I was wearing my lap belt, and that I am completely legal. Most officers are cool about it, but one young sheriff's deputy didn't like being told he was wrong and detained me for 35 minutes while he was "running my info".
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #84
Gokart Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
I was pulled over in my school bus, last week. Yep. A school bus. Why? Because the cop has a child that normally rides and had missed my bus. Kids on the bus loved being pulled over....blue lights, but no siren.
wow! Talk about abuse of authority! I bet that kid also had to sit in the back of the bus and everyone one already on the bus had to switch seats.

We don't even allow students to be at or let off a stop that's not theirs without a note signed by the principal. If they come running up the side, we don't have to let them on. If the parent cuts the bus off to let the student on the bus, we definitely don't let them on. Of course the ones that do it usually have a history of being late. We're not hardline but if it happens more than once they usually are written up.
Gokart Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #85
Gokart Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
The one that gets me around here are the people who don't think.Several of the school zones in my part of town are in 40 MPH zones.Before school started they had the light signs out with "School Zone,Speeding fine $468".That's kind of their way of letting you know that the area will be a school zone when the flashing yellows are on.What gets me is that on most of those streets,people tend to drive 45-55 mph.even thru the school zones when the lights aren't flashing.If they get technical about it,these are still school zones though not active at the time.They could be fined the $468 for driving thru them at that speed.
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...atute=20-141.1

§ 20‑141.1. Speed limits in school zones.
... Limits set pursuant to this section shall become effective when signs are erected giving notice of the school zone, the authorized speed limit, and the days and hours when the lower limit is effective, or by erecting signs giving notice of the school zone, the authorized speed limit and which indicate the days and hours the lower limit is effective by an electronic flasher operated with a time clock. Limits set pursuant to this section may be enforced only on days when school is in session, and no speed limit below 20 miles per hour may be set under the authority of this section. A person who drives a motor vehicle in a school zone at a speed greater than the speed limit set and posted under this section is responsible for an infraction and is required to pay a penalty of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00). (1977, c. 902, s. 2; 1979, c. 613; 1997‑341, s. 1.1; 2011‑64, s. 1.)

Last edited by Gokart Mozart; 11-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #86
GRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopking72 View Post
Only time I get any attention from the police is just say they like my truck and to BS.
Same here.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #87
Gokart Mozart

My first ticket was in a VW Fox going 80 in the center lane going with the flow. The cop came down the ramp, pulled behind me and turned on his lights. After he gave me the paperwork back, I asked him there were others going faster, why didn't he go after them. He asked me if I went fishing. I slowly said yea.. He asked me if I caught all of them or just one or two. This was my girlfriend's car. I drove a lowered 67 Firebird with a 383 small block and a 3 speed with a shift kit that could smoke the tires at any speed with an urban camouflage paint job.

The funniest time I got pulled over was in Alamogordo, New Mexico, in my old 72 longbed I had. I was headed to El Paso. The road was a 4 lane with a 30 mph speed limit and right out of town it turned into a 2 lane with a 60. I look ahead and there's a stereotypical Mexican truck loaded to the roof with junk going 15. I look at him and see where the road narrows and I speed up to pass him before the road narrows. As soon as I pass him, I see a cop sitting on the shoulder. busted so I pull over. Right after I stop, the cop pulls out and pulls up behind me. He gets to my door and we both bust out laughing. He said he never had anyone stop before he pulled out and I said I can't deny what I did. He had to write me a ticket because he called it in, thinking he'd leave jurisdiction but wrote it for 5 over even though I was clocked at 66.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #88
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

My blazer blends in I guess as I dont get too many tickets in it... I get more tickets in the better halfs car.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote