The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #76
cyclefreak207

Re: New member from DFW, first truck build not starting where I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
running wth sohc wth exhaust coilovers n wheels that's all I knw
Depending what coilovers, it could be worth a grand. I think I paid close to $1600 for my Tein SS coils back in the day, they went from my first hatchback to the second. Then wound up buying them back from a friend I sold them to when I needed the money, and threw them on my crx, then they found their way onto the turbo Si. and had skunk2 pro's on the 94 coupe.

Also what wheels are on there would probably make it worth it. I say scoop her up! Hondas are so easy to work on, and b series swaps are easy as pieeee!

keep me posted on it man

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
cyclefreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #77
Sodell

I just finished lowering the front of my truck this weekend and replaced all the suspension components. I found some drop spindles on Ebay for $200 shipping included and cut one spring for a total of 4 inches, have about $400 in the whole deal. I will drop the back after I get welding done on one side of the frame, but thought I would show you how low this setup would get you on the front on the cheap.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #78
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

im thinking it has cheap/ebay coilovers on it and some off brand wheels nothing fancy lol and yea I got a lot of friends that have Hondas/acuras so I could get the parts help but bad thing is really dnt knw how to drive a stick :/ lol but when I told my friend that I didn't knw how to she let me drive her boosted hatch!!! an man it was a blast!!!!!! she thought I was bsin when I drove it cause I was doing so good! haha
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #79
96twodoor

very cool project ! sucks it got off to a rough start but its going to look dropped.
96twodoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #80
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
I just finished lowering the front of my truck this weekend and replaced all the suspension components. I found some drop spindles on Ebay for $200 shipping included and cut one spring for a total of 4 inches, have about $400 in the whole deal. I will drop the back after I get welding done on one side of the frame, but thought I would show you how low this setup would get you on the front on the cheap.
What was the drop on those spindles? I like the way yours sits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbc10 View Post
im thinking it has cheap/ebay coilovers on it and some off brand wheels nothing fancy lol and yea I got a lot of friends that have Hondas/acuras so I could get the parts help but bad thing is really dnt knw how to drive a stick :/ lol but when I told my friend that I didn't knw how to she let me drive her boosted hatch!!! an man it was a blast!!!!!! she thought I was bsin when I drove it cause I was doing so good! haha
I had seen lots of people are just doing their own flip kits by using the axle pads from tractor supply for like $8. and just move them back a little.

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #81
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96twodoor View Post
very cool project ! sucks it got off to a rough start but its going to look dropped.
Thank you sir!!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #82
Sodell

They were 2.5 inch spindles
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #83
dsanc754

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclefreak207 View Post
So like I said in the list above, I was wanting to do the drop as soon as possible and throw the rally's on it, but last thursday while I was driving to work I blew a head gasket which ultimately put everything else on hold. While I was tearing everything apart, hoping I was just going to have to replace the gaskets (which I got in a 42 piece gasket set from work for around $40) Figured since I had them all I might as well do them all while I was tearing it apart.
How did you get gasket set so cheap?
dsanc754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #84
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanc754 View Post
How did you get gasket set so cheap?
I work at LKQ of North Texas, which actually houses all the Houston and Central Texas sales reps as well. We work hand in hand with ATK remanufacturing, so I got put on with one of the guys over there and he hooked me up.

But since I was originally told that the engine was a 350, I bought the kit for a 350, so I barely used any of the gaskets and just gave them all to my brother with the rest of the parts (block, heads, gaskets etc.) And he's going to build that motor for an S10 he's got

Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #85
cyclefreak207

Well thought I was gonna take a little break from working on the truck and go to the lake with my girl this weekend... Well, I guess she didn't want me to go to the lake with another woman!

On a positive note, I took a looky at the tag in my glovebox and it matches my vin on my dash. Which matches the vin on my title. but it's got a silverado emblem on the silver trim piece that runs above the glove box with the two vents.. did that ever happen on the GMC's? Got a silverado dash or someone else put that on probably?
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #86
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Well thought I was gonna take a little break from working on the truck and go to the lake with my girl this weekend... Well, I guess she didn't want me to go to the lake with another woman!

On a positive note, I took a looky at the tag in my glovebox and it matches my vin on my dash. Which matches the vin on my title. but it's got a silverado emblem on the silver trim piece that runs above the glove box with the two vents.. did that ever happen on the GMC's? Got a silverado dash or someone else put that on probably?
Well what package is your truck, because Chevy and GMC had different packages. There's a scottsdale, custom deluxe, and silverado. So if you can find out what model you had that can help you. but it is possible that someone put the silverado plate in the dash.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #87
cyclefreak207

Also I see on my glove box tag it says heavy duty fr. springs, heavy duty rr. springs...

If I put the standard duty leafs/ front springs would that make it sit a little lower? I've always thought it sat a littttttle high for a 1/2 ton.

Secondly, per DJM suspension, their spindles require you to know if it's 1" or 1.25" rotors.
When I had my wheel off changing the tire, my (WORNNNNN OUTTTTT) rotors kinda looked like they would be 1"... but with all this heavy duty stuff, is it possible they're just worn further than they should be?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #88
cyclefreak207

And where could I find all the option codes with a little more specific details on what they include?

I might try and take my truck back to factory (just to match the codes) besides the drop.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #89
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Also I see on my glove box tag it says heavy duty fr. springs, heavy duty rr. springs...

If I put the standard duty leafs/ front springs would that make it sit a little lower? I've always thought it sat a littttttle high for a 1/2 ton.

Secondly, per DJM suspension, their spindles require you to know if it's 1" or 1.25" rotors.
When I had my wheel off changing the tire, my (WORNNNNN OUTTTTT) rotors kinda looked like they would be 1"... but with all this heavy duty stuff, is it possible they're just worn further than they should be?
It is a possibility and you might have a Big 10 or something like that with all the heavy duty equipment on it. Actually with a heavy duty rear end you'll be able to make it sit lower than the typical stock leafs and such.

Quote:
And where could I find all the option codes with a little more specific details on what they include?

I might try and take my truck back to factory (just to match the codes) besides the drop.
PM Keith Seymore I believe is how you spell his last name. He can provide you with some links and he's also a very very helpful gentlemen and can maybe even help you find out what specific truck you have.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #90
StarDust

seems like this whole section of c10s is getting the texan love! another houston part of tx lol and your project WILL change, dreams are temp when you get a square body! lol
ill be sticking around
StarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #91
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDust View Post
seems like this whole section of c10s is getting the texan love! another houston part of tx lol and your project WILL change, dreams are temp when you get a square body! lol
ill be sticking around
Always good to see another Texan.. Everyone says we're taking over :p

So I did some looking up on my RPO's from the glove box and this is what I found... Just to see if I could get a little more detailed information, but it was mostly what was on the tag, some were a little more informative. I put down everything from the GM Site.

** are ones that didn't pull anything on the site, so I copied straight from the tag
* are ones that were on the site, but I added the tag note.

UA1 Battery, Heavy Duty
UF2 Lamp, Cargo
UM6 Radio, AM/FM Sterio, Seek/Scan, Auto Reverse Cassette
**XFN P235/75/15 ALS S/B R (PER TAG)**
NL2 Fuel Tank, Auxiliary
N33 Steering Column, Tilt Type
N41 Steering, Power, Variable Ratio
N67 Wheel, Rally Type, Variation2
J50 Brake System Power
K34 Cruise Control, Automatic, Electronic
LE9 Engine, Gas, 8 Cylinder, 5.0L, 4BBL Hi Compression
MX1 Merchandised, Trans, Auto Provisions
*3 speed auto PER TAG*
F59 Stabilizer Shaft Front
F60 Front Spring, Heavy Duty
GU2 Rear Axle, 2.73 Ratio
G50 Rear Spring, Heavy Duty, Variation1
CD4 Windshield Wiper System, Pulse
ZQ2 Sales Package, Driver Convenience
C60 HVAC System, Air Conditioner Front Manual Controls
ZY1 Color Combination, Solid
D45 Mirror O/S, SST
*EXT Below-Eye-Line- PER TAG*
**23D LDDI Blue Custom Clo (PER TAG)**
29U Primary Color, Exterior, Dark Blue (91)
*29 Midnight Blue PER TAG*
YE9 Convenience Package, Comfort & Decor Level #3
**YFN P235/75/15 ALS S/B (PER TAG)**
**YH4 Gold Medal Special (PER TAG)**
**ZFN P235/75/15 ALS S/B (PER TAG)**
E63 Body Equipment, Fleetside, PUBX
A01 Window, Tinted, All Shaded, W/S
**B3W Preliminary Price (PER TAG)**
B32 Covering, Front Floor Mats Aux

Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #92
cyclefreak207

Well fellas... Another quick update for you. My girls dad owns a tire shop a mile or so from where we work, So I strolled up there to pick up 2 tires for the one that blew, and to replace the other one that is about to go... On my lunch break. That was at 1:00 today, it's now 3:00 and I just got back.

the one that I thought was going to blow next didn't, instead the one that I got from a buddy last night after the first one blew was next on the list.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #93
Sodell

I would take the wheel off and measure the rotor, you will be able to tell right away.

87 Chevy 2WD SWB, 88 4x4 LWB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610652
Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #94
cyclefreak207

I didn't have a measuring tape handy :p but I'm going to when I put my other wheels on. Just ordered a set of tires through work for 40 bucks with 75% tread :p

Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #95
Claytona08

Have you decided on the drop you are going to put on the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://youtu.be/JYoQJYTXKqI

1984 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 "Project Platinum C10"
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle "Project Car"
Claytona08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #96
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytona08 View Post
Have you decided on the drop you are going to put on the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wanting to go 6/8, so I figure
Front: 3" spindle, 2" spring (cut 1 round)
Rear: 5" flip, 2" shackles, 1" block
And probably run the calmax shocks on all 4 corners.

Which leads me to what I did last night, threw a tinyyyyy AS* set of 215/60's on my other set of 15x8 rallies. When I was putting the backs on I discovered it already has 2" shackles, with the small square of bed support cut. also has a mounting bracket for the license plate behind the bumper...

So I'm guessing the guy before me had it pretty low, and took all the lowering components off...

But I'll be getting another set of tires (biggggger) before I go further with a drop.
Attached Images

Last edited by cyclefreak207; 06-26-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Left out information.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #97
Claytona08

Quote:
Wanting to go 6/8, so I figure
Front: 3" spindle, 2" spring (cut 1 round)
Rear: 5" flip, 2" shackles, 1" block
And probably run the calmax shocks on all 4 corners.

Which leads me to what I did last night, threw a tinyyyyy AS* set of 215/60's on my other set of 15x8 rallies. When I was putting the backs on I discovered it already has 2" shackles, with the small square of bed support cut. also has a mounting bracket for the license plate behind the bumper...

So I'm guessing the guy before me had it pretty low, and took all the lowering components off...

But I'll be getting another set of tires (biggggger) before I go further with a drop.
I have the same kind of shackle and I think it is just a stock shackle for the leaf springs. I'm pretty sure the 80 year old man I bought my truck from never lowered it. Are they different lengths?
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #98
cyclefreak207

I don't think so, it looks like mine has a little more space in it? Sits up higher, and the bed support is notched.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #99
Claytona08

Quote:
I don't think so, it looks like mine has a little more space in it? Sits up higher, and the bed support is notched.
Ahh I see the difference now that they are side by side. Nice use of PDF Writer

Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #100
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytona08 View Post
Ahh I see the difference now that they are side by side. Nice use of PDF Writer
mmm, I use paint! lol, that's all I have to use for doing cut sheets and stuff at work to mark quarter/pillar cuts.