The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #76
Dandeluxe

more more more

theres gotta be more members than this TTT

1969 cst swb corvette hugger orange with 400 hp sbc

I started out with nothing and i held on to it
Dandeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #77
67_396

Hi, My name is Jason, Im 15 years old (almost 16) and have lived out in the country near mason city, Iowa my whole life. I have quite a few cars for my age. My first is my '73 nova which is getting turned into a pro street car. Dropping in the 454 tomorrow. I also have a '71 chevy c-10 which has a long ways left on it, and I just recently bought an '81 Z28 camaro which already has a 402 in line for it. The camaro and truck I am paying for with my 8 dollar an hour job on the farm which helps out, and the nova my dad paid for everything, and I helped build it.
67_396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:50 PM   #78
dwaite72lnghrn

Dave here. 45 years old, married Jeanne almost 27 years ago, 3 kids #1 26 year old girl married-grandson on the way, # 2 23 year old girl married-grandson 3 weeks old, #3 18 year old son (not married-no grandkids).
Bought truck from my dad in 1982, he bought it new in april 72. I just had it redone by a local shop(no time or space) engine rebuild, body and paint. It should hold me for about 15 years till I can aford to do a frame off resto. for 20 years for my birthday my wife said go get a paint job. I put it off till last year when I priced new trucks and decided to redo the good one.
I am a service tech for AVAYA installing and maintaining Data and Phone network systems. For last 9 months onsite tech at school district maintaining 16 school network running 10 gig Ether backbone, VOIP PBX 2200 phones, 8100 10/100 ethernet ports, 36 10gig ports 160 1 gig ports. Updates alone keep a person busy.
I really enjoy the board and have a great time meeting folks from the board. Look forward to the next OHIO meet. I live outside Liverpool in Peoples Democratic Republic of PA .
71 GMC k20 350/sm465
2009 Chevy hd3500 6.6 Victory Red crew cab dually
Dave & Jeanne
dwaite72lnghrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:42 PM   #79
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Hi my name is Diane Avery. I am married (6 years) have 2 boys- 4 and 2 years old. My husband Ken also posts here under this name. He is a self-employed welder (Company name Avery's Arc) I design houseplans from home (Company name Precision Home Designs) and stay home and enjoy the heck out of my two cute boys! My dad owned Blazers and Chevy's my whole life and Ken loves them too! It just seemed right to restore a blazer to keep forever!! We may have to restore another after this just so our 2 boys don't fight over who gets the blazer later I love this board...I am hooked! Alot of nice guys here. I am kinda like jewels, had lots of friends that were boys (till I got married ) , love to work on my blazer, watch football, mow the lawn, quadride, and I love trucks!
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:06 AM   #80
MOTHERTRUCKERS

My name is Ed Cooper, just turned 50 and have been here on the board since 1999. I started a company in 83 called The Truck Shop but after getting calls from customers about questionable parts (believe me the aftermarket parts have come a loooong way) we sat down with a 1/2 gallon of Jack Black and Mothertruckers was born. No confusing us now. I spend most all of my time at the shop restoring customers trucks and stripping parts off trucks we buy for parts. My signifant other KATHLEEN of 9 years owns a very succesful clothing design and alteration business, we both have 30 year old daughters from previous marrages and 3 grandchildren,3 cats at home,4 cats at the shop. I am getting into 55-57 trucks lately after driving a customers 56 and have 3 that keep my interest up and the bank account down. I love pre 73 chevy trucks, I had cancer in 99 and the doctors said i had 6 months to live and i told them i had too many trucks to build to die, GOD and me had a long talk and it turns out he likes old chevy trucks too. Nothing sweeter than an old panhead,an old truck and a good woman!
Old 08-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #81
6T9GMC

HI MY NAME IS CHRIS.......AND I'M ADDICTED! JUST KIDDING!

MY NAME IS CHRIS SCHIEFFER, AND I'M AN OKIE. I'M FROM OKC AND HAVE LIVED IN MOORE, OK FOR ALMOST ALL OF MY LIFE. I HAVE A WIFE OF 10 YRS IN SEPTEMBER. HER NAME IS JENNIFEER. WE DON'T HAVE KIDS YET, BUT WE'VE BEEN PRACTICING BEING PARENTS TO THREE OF THE MOST SPOILED DOGS IN THE WORLD. I HAVE A 1969 GMC STEPSIDE THAT USED TO BE MY WIFE'S DADS TRUCK. IT HAS A NEWER STEPSIDE BED AND A FEW OTHER MODS....MORE ARE COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I ALSO HAVE A 1988 EXTENDED CAB, AND SHE DRIVES A FORD ESCAPE. I LOVE CARS AND TRUCKS ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE FAST. I'M REALLY INTO DIRT TRACK RACING. I HAVE A GRAPHICS COMPANY AND DO RACING DECALS FOR A LOT OF CARS ACROSS THE STATES. WWW.RAYSONGRAPHICS.COM
I CAN CUSTOM MAKE JUST ABOUT ANY KIND OF DECALS, BUT MOSTLY RACE CARS, TRAILERS, AND BANNERS.

ANYWAY THERE IS MY STORY......NEXT!
6T9GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:53 AM   #82
sakohntr

intro

To start with i am a married 31 yr old logistics engineer (semi- driver) who is trying to get a farm back up and running inbetween raising our new daughter, training 2 german shorthairs, hunting mature whitetail bucks, and restoring these old trucks. I worked at Chevy dealership while going to college (law enforcement) until i had the opportunity to go play commercial fisherman in alaska for 2 years. Yes crabbing in the bering sea, which is where i would still be if i had'nt gotten married. When i returned home i went to work for a wholesale food company where i am still at. I'm an army brat (kansas,alaska,maryland,kentucky,) but have lived in minnesota since 87'. I did a frame off restoration on my 69 SWB GMC which took 3 yrs and $12K. I currently have a longhorn and dumptruck in the works. Eventually a blazer will park along side the rest. If I have some parts or freight i can help you out with, dont hesitate to ask. The board and the people on it have been very generous and cooperative to say the least. "KEEP THE DIRTY SIDE DOWN TRUCKER BUDDIES!" Bruce Anderson Jr
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:12 AM   #83
SEVEND2

Well H*LL

HI MY NAME IS FELIPE.......AND I'M ADDICTED! (JUST REALLY DONT KNOW TO WHAT YET, OR THE LIST IS TOO LONG)
I AM 33, HAPPLY MARRIED (WIFE SAYS I AM)J/K, 2 DAUGHTERS, 3 DOGS, LIVE IN HOT AZZ SO CALIF. I HAVE A 72 CUSTOM 10 lwb, HENCE HANDLE SEVEND2, WHICH IS ALSO MY TRUCKS PLATES. i HAVE HAD MY TRUCK SINCE I WAS 14, IT WAS MY PARENTS BEFORE THAT, THEY BOUGHT IT IN 73 I THINK, ACCORDING TO SOME PAPER WORK I FOUND ON IT
I AM CHECMICAL TECH FOR 9 YEARS IN A SEMICONDUTOR FACTORY (PLACE THAT MAKES LITTLE ELECTRONIC CHIPS)
i WORK WITH SOME PRETTY NASTY CHEMICALS, MOST THAT SCARE THE HELL OUTA ME.

MY HOBBIES ARE, MY TRUCK, PAINTBALL, PLAYING ULTIMA ONLINE, DANG LONG LIST...

WELL ENOUGH ABOUT ME, iF YA WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST PM ME................

THIS FEELS LIKE AN AUDITION OR A FBI,CIA,DEA LINE UP OR SOMETHING

DID I WIN SOMETHING?

Progress on truck so far (follow link):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=51051

and stage 2

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=58132

~ "Why couldn't you have just put the bunny back in the box?" ~
SEVEND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 10:46 AM   #84
HennyM

Hi Everybody!
My name is Henry, I'm new to the board but I've read enough to
know that there's a great bunch here & tons of info. Just Ask !!
I'm 46 yrs old, live north of Philadelphia and own a truck repair
shop. I've been working on cars & trucks ever since I could wrap my little digits around a screwdriver. I'm in the middle of resto on a 72 lwb, I also have a 51 Flathead Ford Pickup(Shh! ) waiting in the wings. Married 26 years, 2 girls (what a chore!) getting ready to send 1 to college (Proud Papa). Hard to find truck time, also dig my Harley, Bicycles & Guitars. Haven't seen too many eastern PA, NJ, DE & MD members ?? There must be more!
Also haven't seen a reply from that crazy LonghornMail, I always get a kick out of his posts. How 'bout it ?
Well, GottaGo, See Y'all, H.
'87 Chev 1-Ton 4X4
'52 Ford F1 '97 Harley
" No Falls... No Balls ! "

Last edited by HennyM; 09-01-2003 at 09:50 AM.
HennyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #85
Ackattack

Me llama es Derek, no I'm not spanish, just thought I'd start out with something differen. I'm 23, been married a little over 2 years, no kids, but 2 black labs that really make us want to wait to have kids.

I'm a mechanical engineer working as a traffic engineer for the state DOT (I design traffic signals). It's in the civil engineering area and really not want I want to do. My wife graduates from civil engineering in Dec. and basically wants to do what I do now, but there's not much for mechanical jobs around here. Hoping to get on as a designer with GM either working on chasis/suspension design or cylinder head design, but I'm also considering other areas.

I've had my truck since I was 17. Been working on it ever since. It was my daily driver until about 3 years ago. I'm nearly finished with it....just have wheels and a new speedo to get....maybe A/C but I don't know.

I'm into racing, but not my truck...it's more for show. My next project will hopefully be a 68 camaro after I finish the truck (and no I'm not selling it)
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:40 PM   #86
jay-dawg
chevelito

Ok, my turn.

Hi my name is Domingo Valdez Layugan Jr. People call me Jay. I'm Filipino, even though I have a Spanish name. I was born in Honolulu but moved to LA when I was 5. We kept moving further and further out of LA and ended up in Valencia, CA (near six flags magic mountain). Went to the University of Hawaii where I received my Bachelors in Biology. After I graduated, I worked at a research lab. The community college was accross the street so I got an Associates in Medical Assisting. It led me to my next job working for Kaiser as an MA. I got fed up dealing with angry patients so I changed jobs and became a Certified Tumor Registrar for the state of Hawaii.

I'm not married but have a steady girlfriend that I will propose to next year. (Just gotta sell some toys for the ring)

My dad bought the 68 in 72 from the Navy. It was used as a work truck for landscaping and roofing. Needless to say, it was beat up. The cab was held together by pieces of wood drilled into the floor boards. The best thing though is the bed withstood all the beating. I got it about 2 years ago. It sat for a year until I started taking the suspension off. It sat another year and we got a notice from the community association. Now its in the garage, but because it's in the shade, I'm going at it much faster.

Thats my novel.

Jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:01 PM   #87
Hardrock2
A$$ deep into trucks

Hi all!

My name is Michael, but everybody calls me Hardrock.
I'm 42, never married, no kids, but have a wonderful
girl friend of 4 years, and a Black Lab that answers to
"Cheyenne".
I've lived in central Illinois all my life.
I'm a life long car/truck ADDICT!
I've worked as a self-employed mechanic off and on for years, owned a GM salvage yard for a while, tried my hand at being an owner/operator, etc. But I now own a 180 acre farm near the lake.
My "ADDICTION" started so early on, I don't ever remember NOT
being in love with these machines!
(It might have been learning to drive in my mom's '68 C-10 50TH Anniversary truck!!) I have but one old photograph of this truck, and as of yet, no way to scan it!
I have owned, built, bought, sold, parted, traded, (mangled!!??)etc. over 200 of these trucks in the last 10 years! I can never get enough of them, and I'm ALWAYS looking for more!

After a 4 year hiatus to go do the O/O trucking thing, I'm back to my first love........67-72 Chevy-GMC trucks!!
I'm planning on restoring the old farmhouse back to "period" correct, and doing two more "keeper" trucks to round out the "ranch"!
Wanting to custom build a '71 or '72 C-20 Crew Cab with a 6.5 TD
and my long time dream.........a '69 COPO clone "PACE TRUCK"!
Dover white/Orange houndstooth buckets, BB, etc. LOADED!!
I'm just looking for the "RIGHT" candidates!
So glad I found this site! Great bunch of fellow truck lovers!

Mike
Old 09-01-2003, 08:14 PM   #88
my68beatertruck
GOT JACK???

Ok, I'll take a turn at this. My name is Jimmy. I'm a 28, a deisel mechanic, never married, no kids, one german shepard (Bob) and I live In central Nj. Currently cut down my inventory to the 4 vehicles you see below. the 68 is a clone of the truck my grandfather had, the Caddy was too good to pass up, with 31,000 original miles, the 78 f-350 started life as a tow truck, then the motor blew, i put a sicko 400 in it, then the insurance company had a problem with it, so it became a rack body, now it collectes dust. the 668 just came out of storage (4 years at the grandparent's farm. and work is starting on that. The 01 Ranger is the daily driver. Love this board!!!
my68beatertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:54 PM   #89
lotik
drag it like you stole it

my name is chris. i am from louisiana. i'm 19, married, a 2 year old son. work for the city police part-time, while i am in school. i own the 67 chevy in my avatar.

for those of you wondering how i can afford this habit. i have great grandparents.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #90
sakohntr

ttt

ttt
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:33 PM   #91
jose

Hello everybody my name is Jose and have been married for 23 years to my lovely full blooded Paiute native american have 5 kids and 10 grandchildren . I live in Salem , Oregon and love being a duck rains alot here in Oregon . Have been changing my avatar lately posting pictures of my grandchildren got 8 more to go . My grand daughter below Serena shes 6 months old . Oh yeah i am 51 and still feel like i am 20 .
Attached Images

jose6772@yahoo.com
jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:12 PM   #92
Stout72
Not my good side.

Hi, my name is Joe. I'm 45, been married 17 years to Cindy (the most gorgeous, generous and understanding woman you can imagine), and we have 3 sons (16, 14 and 10 yrs). Yes, life is good. Born & raised in N. California, grew up on the coastside, lived in Fairfield (NE San Francisco Bay Area) for the last 10 years. 100% Chevy family ('cept for the bike) since the rollover/total loss of a brand new Durango in July, replaced by the 'Burb.

I'm a Marine Engineer by trade. I worked aboard general cargo and container ships, and a Government research ship, working my license up from 3rd Assistant to Chief Engineer. Sailed darn near all over the world. Decided to settle down, get married and start a family in '86, so I found a shore job as a Marine Surveyor w/ the US DOT Maritime Administration in SF. In '91 I got a big promotion, managing one of the National Defense Reserve Fleets (aka the "Mothball Fleet" on the West Coast, similar to the "Ghost Fleet" on the East Coast).

Bought my '72 a couple of years ago. Paid too much for it because it was just what I was looking for (lifted 3/4 ton 4x4), and got a little soft in the brain during the price haggling phase. Wish I had found this Board BEFORE I bought. Anyway, it's been a tinker toy... runs good, but needs a lot of work. Haven't had much time to tinker lately due to some interior home remodeling and a big landscaping project in my back yard. Hobbies include scuba diving (#1 & #2 sons are also certified), fly fishing, experimenting with spud guns, and tinkering with just about anything mechanical.

I can't say enough good things about this Board. Many here have helped me along with making repairs, finding gremlins, and giving me good ideas to improve 'ol Stout, whether you replied to my posts or not. Me thanks to y'all (oh yeah, spent 3 years in a shipyard in New Orleans & Harvey, LA... some of the lingo still lingers).
79 Yamaha XS1100 Special (Ol' Reliable)
Stout72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #93
charles oliver
68 camtruck

Hello

I am pretty new to the trucks. My name is Charlie Oliver I guess I am the old guy here 54 years old.
Suburbia Cincinnati, Ohio.

I have a 68 C10 SWB Step I am trying to get all together.
I work in an IT Department of an Insurance CO.
Sell Sun Parts to buy my toys.

I have A 68 Camaro RS/SS Big Block 4 speed car. It is my Baby.
Still learning a lot about these trucks.
http://www.fbody.com/members/68camaro/index.htm

I have asked a couple questions and you guys have been very helpful.
Thanks
charles oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:35 PM   #94
oldsub86

I'm Randy. I am 51 yrs old and married 30 years (to the same woman!). Two boys - 15 and 19. One in highschool and one in university. The elder does not like my pickup but the younger is eyeing it up.

I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - you know, small town south of Flin Flon .

I have had the 68 for about 18 years but have done little except keep it. This is my second one of this vintage. I had a 67 short stepside back about 1970 but it was pretty used up by the time I got it and was worse when I sold it. Don't miss it - like this one much better.