The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #76
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: You can only choose one, period!

This has been an interesting thread for me. Really surprised at the choices, they seem to be more for utilitarian trucks than hot rod show type rides.

I'm at a bit of a fork in the road for what I can do with my projects. Ive never been one to finish a ride. I think I'm more of a collector of projects and when I see something else Ill add it to the collection of junk lol. I do let stuff go now and again too, mostly at a loss though haha (that was a sad haha).

Retirement is getting close now and I think I would really like to have a couple of finished classic rides, a car and a truck. The funny thing is I'm actually leaning towards a short box two wheel drive truck. Of all the answers here that was the least chosen.

I have the very cool 68 GMC K20 I got from Livrat, I have a 72 Burb K10 that I have been piecing together, and lastly a 72 K10 shorty, but I also have a 2 wheel drive chassis for it to make it a C10. I'm not that fond of the shorty 4x4's ... Even though there are a lot of beautiful ones on the board =)

My wife suggested I really think about getting rid of most of my stuff now. And before you guys say of course she did lol, she has a good point. My MIL is 87 now and most of my large stuff is stored out in the family barns. Chances are good when she passes the farm will be sold to someone that isn't family. I don't want to have to scramble when she passes. As of now she is in excellent health, but you never know what could happen.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #77
flashed

Re: You can only choose one, period!

While I love my 72 shortbed 2 wheel drive truck ,I am leaning toward a K20 next time around .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote