The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
flashed

Re: My Facetruck thread.

That was pretty cool way to do a burn out .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Seems a little rough on the deck of the trailer. ....lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
Boog
laying low

What people won’t do. I tell you what.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I know what you're saying, Duke. It's the 1% that give the lawmen the go ahead from the powers that be (or their own egos) to put the clamps on the fun. In OC, MD fun has always been against the law. It's a resort town and they make beaucoup bucks off of out of towners as soon as they get frisky. Then they come up with the cruise weekends before Memorial day and after labor day, traditional beginning and end of season to bring in more money. Then when people do what they do at such events they crack down. It may be people complaining... people who don't have enough sense to not go those weekends if they don't like loud cars and smokin' rubber. Now they have a special event (lower) speed limit throughout the town and if they can hear your exhaust from 50' they can give a ticket. I can hear most any car idling from 50'. I was surprised they ever allowed the event to happen. Well, now it seems they don't really want it. Maybe they need to start a quilt convention

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 PM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I know what you're saying, Duke. It's the 1% that give the lawmen the go ahead from the powers that be (or their own egos) to put the clamps on the fun. In OC, MD fun has always been against the law. It's a resort town and they make beaucoup bucks off of out of towners as soon as they get frisky. Then they come up with the cruise weekends before Memorial day and after labor day, traditional beginning and end of season to bring in more money. Then when people do what they do at such events they crack down. It may be people complaining... people who don't have enough sense to not go those weekends if they don't like loud cars and smokin' rubber. Now they have a special event (lower) speed limit throughout the town and if they can hear your exhaust from 50' they can give a ticket. I can hear most any car idling from 50'. I was surprised they ever allowed the event to happen. Well, now it seems they don't really want it. Maybe they need to start a quilt convention
Well, maybe my wife can make a quilt to muffle their exhaust. She's certainly made enough of them. They're hanging everywhere in the house!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quilts are good. Random grab for sake of comparison. Although they too can get right pesky with them needles, bits of cloth, thread and all. Never know what they might come up with for conversation. Solo quilting? Forget about it. They need to tie empty beer cans to their wrists so you know they're even there!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I have been reading back on this thread a bit. Pretty entertaining. Just one observation.. general discussion is a forum made for off topic general posts, like life, jokes etc? So isnt a facebookesk post in a general forum essentially a general discussion thread in a general discussion forum, instead of just posting daily?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #8
davischevy

My mother made quilts. She has purged a bunch of them of them over the years when they moved and had auctions but she still has them stuffed in every place possible.

She has given one to every kid and grandkid and great grandkid. It's a little sad to see the younger ones abuse the quilts. I suspect one day they will wish they had taken better care of the quilts grannie made.

My mother is doing well for a 91 year old that had a heart attack. The depression is causing her more problem than anything.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #9
Boog
laying low

We had a house full at my Mom's yesterday for an "ice cream social" as she and dad like to call it. A barbeque lunch and 3 gallons of home made ice cream. We don't hand crank them anymore but it is still as good as ever.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #10
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
We had a house full at my Mom's yesterday for an "ice cream social" as she and dad like to call it. A barbeque lunch and 3 gallons of home made ice cream. We don't hand crank them anymore but it is still as good as ever.
I haven't seen a hand crank ice cream maker in a while.

When I come down do I need to bring my Chevyland hat so we can go out to lunch?

The weather was rotten here. I went out back and pulled a couple of core supports for powder coating and then it started raining so I went in and did body work on the K10 bed for awhile.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #11
Boog
laying low

Oh man. When I was a kid the hand crank freezers were all there was. We would buy block ice and chip it ourselves then take turns cranking on it. I'm told you can still buy a hand crank one but who'd want one, ya know.
It started raining here while we were making ic but we were inside the garage.
Haha, yeah on our hats.

My mom also made a lot of quilts over the years. I have a few. Her last one was made of patterns my grandmother had made as well as my mom's.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My mother made quilts. She has purged a bunch of them of them over the years when they moved and had auctions but she still has them stuffed in every place possible.

She has given one to every kid and grandkid and great grandkid. It's a little sad to see the younger ones abuse the quilts. I suspect one day they will wish they had taken better care of the quilts grannie made.

My mother is doing well for a 91 year old that had a heart attack. The depression is causing her more problem than anything.

I have one from when I was a kid still. My aunt made it. I have always wanted to make one from the kids old clothing
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I have been reading back on this thread a bit. Pretty entertaining. Just one observation.. general discussion is a forum made for off topic general posts, like life, jokes etc? So isnt a facebookesk post in a general forum essentially a general discussion thread in a general discussion forum, instead of just posting daily?
I guess to be accurate it's Facebook-like, an imitation Facebook flavored processed truck forum thread. But this is Facetruck anyway, a whole new thing... a new trend!!

Tim

Old 10-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #14
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

This talk of quilts hits home around here. My wife's mother was a quilter before her eyesight got too bad (she's 91). She also had quilts stored everywhere. My wife makes quilts and gives most of them away to her friend's grandchildren, or to other friends. She's the "third grandmother", since my sons have as yet not seen fit to spawn. We have quilts for the seasons, quilts for no reasons, quilts everywhere.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #15
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
since my sons have as yet not seen fit to spawn. [/I].
I got a laugh out of that one. Our fourth grandchild is in the oven.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #16
Indian113

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I got a laugh out of that one. Our fourth grandchild is in the oven.
Wait until your Grand Kids are Having Kids! Then you Know just how old you really are.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:43 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

I started out in fields... snuck out on the road some, too. My grand daughter is 13, too. My grandson (3) and daughter came up today and we went for a pumpkin to carve. Took a wagon ride around the farm where I buy produce. They gave a hay ride around the farm
Attached Images

Tim

Old 10-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #18
special-K
Special Order

They heard internet forums are the next trend.

Tim

Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 PM   #19
davischevy

Three sets of extreme bends on Ebay right now. I bought my 72 Cheyenne new for less than the total of those three sets.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #20
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I had to buy a bunch of parts for my sons truck today. Normally I would be peeved but I really enjoyed his visit. I'm a happy guy right now.....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #21
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I had to buy a bunch of parts for my sons truck today. Normally I would be peeved but I really enjoyed his visit. I'm a happy guy right now.....

Old 10-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

I didn't expect a hay ride. No big occasion, just run out to Knill's farm and let Gus pick a pumpkin... already brought in from the field at the produce market, which is back on the farm. They always have a pair of goats penned and some chickens there, too, just for the kids. Never noticed the play box. They said it needed more corn. Seemed just nice for 'working it'.

The main lane in off the state hwy is also the entrance to a church next door. You come to a closed gate and hook left onto their lane. I knew the town uses the lan straight back behind the gate to access a water or sewage treatment facility or related thing. But the wagon ride went down there (part way) and I came to realize it's an old RR grade. Mt. Airy came to be as a whistle stop originally when the train (original B&O mainline) had to cross Parr's Ridge. I asked Mr. Knill about it and he said this grade was put in while they built the new tunnel in line with the original right of way. Shoot a straight line across the state rd over the ridge into town and you come to the freight depot on Main St. where the track crosses. Just learned another big thing about the area history all these people moving here have no clue about. People don't even know there is a tunnel, a long for the east tunnel. I've been told it is the longest tunnel east of the Mississippi.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PaNAWBU-ecnpbK

Tim

Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #23
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I didn't expect a hay ride. No big occasion, just run out to Knill's farm and let Gus pick a pumpkin... already brought in from the field at the produce market, which is back on the farm. They always have a pair of goats penned and some chickens there, too, just for the kids. Never noticed the play box. They said it needed more corn. Seemed just nice for 'working it'.

The main lane in off the state hwy is also the entrance to a church next door. You come to a closed gate and hook left onto their lane. I knew the town uses the lan straight back behind the gate to access a water or sewage treatment facility or related thing. But the wagon ride went down there (part way) and I came to realize it's an old RR grade. Mt. Airy came to be as a whistle stop originally when the train (original B&O mainline) had to cross Parr's Ridge. I asked Mr. Knill about it and he said this grade was put in while they built the new tunnel in line with the original right of way. Shoot a straight line across the state rd over the ridge into town and you come to the freight depot on Main St. where the track crosses. Just learned another big thing about the area history all these people moving here have no clue about. People don't even know there is a tunnel, a long for the east tunnel. I've been told it is the longest tunnel east of the Mississippi.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PaNAWBU-ecnpbK
I was watching some video on youtube a while back and that tunnel was one of the subjects. It never occurred to me it was that close to you.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #24
davischevy

Tim, your hayride pictures are the stuff memories are made of. That boy will be somewhere 40 years from now and see a wagon and think of that day.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #25
flashed

Tim ,that grandson of yours sure is a handsome little fellow and he sure loves his GrandPa .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote