The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2024, 02:01 PM   #101
Advanced Design

Re: 2wd 1977 Blazer LS swap, mild drop….escalating

When I went on pause, I was replacing the KWIK ac mounting bracket, shown a few posts ago, with the Holley mounting bracket. The Holley look fits in better with the look of the factory accessory drive on the other side of the engine.

There was an issue with the GM tensioner not fitting as it is too thick / deep between the mounting bosses. The tensioner contacts the mounting bracket at this location before seating and tightening down. A tensioner from another source worked fine.

And the Holley instructions had the ac compressor mislabeled as an SD5 rather than an SD7 as shown on the label on the compressor. Anyway, using the Holley mounting hardware Holley had labeled as SD5 worked for mounting the SD7 compressor.

While I didn’t like the look of the KWIK bracket, I’m not sure it was worth the work and expense to switch over to the Holley bracket.

Having the new shop stool, which is an early birthday present from wife and our two daughters, helped increase the comfort working on the brackets.
Attached Images

Last edited by Advanced Design; 06-29-2024 at 02:12 PM.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote