The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
chevy6guy9

66 c10 big window shortbed dropmember build up.

Well everyone it's been awhile since I've been here. But I finally bought a project that brings back all the good memories of my child hood and teenage years. So with a wife and house and an almost 6 year old son that I adore I am off on a quest to make the truck of my dreams or close to it.

So on to the build. First of I did it a little backwards, I ordered a full porterbuilt extreme dropmember and complete rear assembly with uni steer and control arms and spindles.ok so this doesn't sound bad but..... I don't even have a truck yet! But my thinking is, in the 6-12 weeks it's on order I can find a truck and have it before that stuff gets here.

So 3 days after I ordered that stuff, it's now June 4 I found the truck I've been looking for but it's almost 4 hours away. So I tell the boss I'm taking a half day vacation and left with the trailer... 3 hours and 35 min later and countless weekend trips and has tanks and dozens of trucks I show up to see the truck I've been searching for. A 1966 shortbed fleetside big window. Pretty complete and all 6 cylinder 3 on the tree and wellllll to say the least a little worse for ware.

So I'll show you some pics of when I got home after a 4 hour trip home. Stop to get fuel and took some pics.as soon as I figure it out.
chevy6guy9 is offline   Reply With Quote