The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #101
YBNORML

Re: Why convert to short bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
They are just toys at this point , a long bed is about worthless as a daily work driver at todays standards ,Yeah lot's of guys still use them but todays new trucks are far and above anything a 67-72 can perform on a daily basis . Whine ,cry and complain all you want about how good your old truck is it just can't perform the way a new truck can , Period !

cutting a long bed down is just wrong , it will never recover any of it's value . If you want a short bed buy a short bed ,spend the cash and quit whinning about how many $ it cost you to cut yours down ..
This coming from the guy who cuts perfectly good benches down into buckets (Very cool by the way) If you can't buy what you want but can make it? Why not?

These are trucks, and although one of the finest trucks ever made, still trucks. Enjoy them, doing whatever it that makes you smile.

Short boxes may be plentiful in your area, they definitely aren't around here. The ones that are for sale are so overpriced for their condition that I could Buy 2-3 long boxes and shorten them for the cost of one OG short box.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #102
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
This coming from the guy who cuts perfectly good benches down into buckets (Very cool by the way) If you can't buy what you want but can make it? Why not?

These are trucks, and although one of the finest trucks ever made, still trucks. Enjoy them, doing whatever it that makes you smile.

Short boxes may be plentiful in your area, they definitely aren't around here. The ones that are for sale are so overpriced for their condition that I could Buy 2-3 long boxes and shorten them for the cost of one OG short box.
Your gonna hate me but I just bought 2 disc short bed frames in very nice condition for $250.00 each I have plenty of 67 cabs ...
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:45 PM   #103
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Nothing like an innocent question from a newbie to get everyone charged up haha!
Been thinking the same thing lol. Funny to see what gets people fired up on certian topics.
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:39 AM   #104
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollzyie View Post
I know we can all agree on one thing ... Long or short .. As long as it's a Chevy
Or a GMC
Quote:
They are just toys at this point , a long bed is about worthless as a daily work driver at todays standards ,Yeah lot's of guys still use them but todays new trucks are far and above anything a 67-72 can perform on a daily basis . Whine ,cry and complain all you want about how good your old truck is it just can't perform the way a new truck can , Period !
I beg to differ. Anything new has decades to go before it can get anywhere near out performing these trucks. If you used your trucks to haul you would know this, these trucks will haul what you put in the bed to where it needs to go so you can unload it where you want. No dash full of electronic devises, leather, GVW ratings that exceed legal registration for VIN (therefore pointless), but a chunk of metal with 4 wheels that rolls cargo down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
There are guys here making money left and right cutting down long beds. One guy has a six month waiting list
This guy here is making money left and right using his long bed as a truck. The long bed isn't enough. I need a ladder rack and a trailer to haul all I've been needing lately.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:55 AM   #105
flashed

I am now driving my 72 K10 ,since Saturday ,and really loving that truck .I have yet to haul much with it but plan to haul lots of firewood later this year .I love my pretty shortbed but this k10 drives better than the short bed by far .And I can go to the woods od dirt and gravel roads without worry .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #106
slamgears

Just did mine a month ago. Partially necessity. Longbed wouldn't fit in the spot in my garage I wanted it to, shortbed would, so I cut it. Also wanted the shorter hortod look, and also not complaining on the weight savings too.
slamgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #107
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

This is as hard as mine works anymore... cleaned out the garage a bit.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #108
leddzepp

This is about 4 pages overdue...
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #109
flashed

Poor Horsey . LOL
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #110
Coley

So it appears we are in agreement.....'to each his own'....or at least 'we agree to disagree'.
Most importantly tho'.....ignore the 'haters'.
Long bed, short bed fleet, short bed step, longhorn, I mean seriously, whatever....these are all nice trucks and they are great and crappy examples of every body style.....there are no magic bullets here.
all Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #111
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:

cutting a long bed down is just wrong , it will never recover any of it's value . If you want a short bed buy a short bed ,spend the cash and quit whinning about how many $ it cost you to cut yours down ..
Less turn ratio, which is first rate on these trucks. My 05 Tundra is horrible. Smaller engine too (4.7), but now they install 5.7s, which are STOUT. I don't drive a lot of miles, but since I got the 72 driver & am no longer employed....I much rather drive the Chevy than Tundra, and generally do.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote