The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Dmz1241

Re: Need seat pictures please

Another thread showed this as being a seat out of a 1961. Id like to potentially get something like this. Thanks to whoever initially posted that pic!

Dan.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
silvertonguedevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
the NOS fabric is going to be the tough part of that one.. very unique and the only material left that I found and what I've read is at SMS..

and no repop that I was able to find, although SMS reps will say they are, it's not even close to the metallic OE fabric..

my experience with Doug and company was less than pleasant to say the least as well as some others have stated likewise, but some say they fared alright with them..

brief run down of over a year of hair pulling frustration http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...27&postcount=6

I'd love to help out the folks looking for a deluxe seat cover but I'm guarding this one with my life and not a chance in Hades I'd pull it off for anything..

so pictures or measurements would not be a problem if they would help..

good luck!
So I live less than 100 miles from SMS. Maybe I'd have better luck dealing with them in person? Also, do you happen to know what fabric specifically I'd be looking for, for my '66? It looks like they tried to throw several incorrect samples your way. I'd want to go into it armed and ready.

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
Gunnin4ya

Yepper, turned out better than I could have imagined
Gunnin4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #4
rvrfoot

Nice.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #5
Gunnin4ya

Looks good RV, gives me ideas for my next build. Captain, he actually took it easy on me. Trying to get his name out there and loved my truck.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #6
rvrfoot

I want to cut a hole in the middle to put a s/s cup holder in it. I just dont have the b.... to do it yet. The seat was $1200
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:18 AM   #7
Gunnin4ya

Great seat for that price.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
Pinchecharlie

just for information sake only-i just recieved a quote from sms with what they consider the factory correct materials for a 65 deluxe seat cover. it is the fawn looking vinyl with the fabric weave looking seat bottoms and the white stripe on top.dont know if the stripe is welded but think it is sewn. i asked them if they would sew me a cover also (via email) and they sent me a sample sheet with two small bits of the materials and a picture of a sewn seat (maybe a member here?) anyway they want 675 if iam remembering right, for the seat cover sewn up and ready to install. this is obviously both bottom of bench and back of seat. ill post pics later when i get home. i thought it was a bit high, and it is compared to a cheapy lmc or bulk made cover but my local shops (there are 2) both wanted 650 without material but included some foam and what not. so even though it is as much as 3x as exspensive as cheap its about in the middle for custom. iam going to do it and see? i recieved another quote for my 49 ford two door coupe-with headliner. door panels ect..and front and back bench seats-12,500 . so only having one seat and some carpet is easy i guess!
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:14 AM   #9
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
just for information sake only-i just recieved a quote from sms with what they consider the factory correct materials for a 65 deluxe seat cover. it is the fawn looking vinyl with the fabric weave looking seat bottoms and the white stripe on top.dont know if the stripe is welded but think it is sewn. i asked them if they would sew me a cover also (via email) and they sent me a sample sheet with two small bits of the materials and a picture of a sewn seat (maybe a member here?) anyway they want 675 if iam remembering right, for the seat cover sewn up and ready to install. this is obviously both bottom of bench and back of seat. ill post pics later when i get home. i thought it was a bit high, and it is compared to a cheapy lmc or bulk made cover but my local shops (there are 2) both wanted 650 without material but included some foam and what not. so even though it is as much as 3x as exspensive as cheap its about in the middle for custom. iam going to do it and see? i recieved another quote for my 49 ford two door coupe-with headliner. door panels ect..and front and back bench seats-12,500 . so only having one seat and some carpet is easy i guess!
you can read about my fiasco with those folks around the board but let me emphasize this little nugget..

they repeatedly sent my upholsterer SIMILAR pattern material for the center panels after sending me the actual correct sample in the beginning..

see post above of a remnant of the actual correct material it took me over a year to get from them..

and yes, the ivory stripe is sewn in separately..

good luck!

here it is finally installed;

Old 11-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #10
61ChevyPanel

Here's mine for variety. I bought the seat so long ago, I don't know anything about it. It is nice to have the center armrest & storage available if I want to use it.
Attached Images

61ChevyPanel is offline   Reply With Quote