The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
buildinga55

48 Build Pictures

I finally decided to post some pictures of the tear down on the 48. I bought the truck with some work done and a lot of new parts. It was blasted to bare metal then repainted, but I did not care for the guys bodywork or lack of. The owner did not want filler used so the shop etched, sealed, base coated and cleared the truck. Some panels looked pretty good, others were too wavy for me. I am blocking the whole truck letting the previous paint help fill some of the low spots, then I am going to seal and do the body work and paint. It is a very solid truck. It is very dirty right now as I am just sanding and fitting a few things before I clean it up. The engine block in the truck is just for mock up, I am putting a 350 from an 88 Suburban converted to carburation. It has a power rack and I bought some drop spindles for the front I have not got on yet. I will try load some pictures from time to time. And I am sure I will have lots of questions for you experts.

Day she came home

Here is how it sits now, most parts sanded and piled in the corner

Rear end

Header and steering worked out
buildinga55 is offline   Reply With Quote