The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Harpie

Harpie's 71 SWB vortec 5.7 build (Project Snowball)

He guys just figured I would start off my build and share a few pictures of the ol girl. I promise to get more pics of it before the tear down begins but this is the other day when I got it home. Plans are to tear it down completely and start from ground up. I want a nice driver that looks original except when you pop the hood and that 5.3 is hiding under there. I am thinking black with white top and inserts with all the trim and a 3/4 drop and 18s but may go a lil lower hadn’t decided I just want a comfy ride but a great stance. A little about the truck its a 71 Cheyenne swb originally had a 350 and was dark olive and white. The cab and front clip are excellent and have little to no rust. I will go ahead and replace the rockers since that is the only rusty place I can find. Now on to the bed it is horrible and as you can see is not the bed that came on it originally. The floor is completely rusted out but I have a complete long bed with excellent header and floor that I will be cutting the floor down and making a new one for this. I have been lurking around on the site for awhile getting ideas and information for my build I cant wait to get started I have always loved these trucks!!! And I always welcome all the input I can get from you guys!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Harpie; 08-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote