The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #126
atp

Re: My 70 2wd Project begins!

Went to see the Blazer today and took a few pics. As you can see we decided to redo the firewall. The dash is ready. The kick panel vents are filled. My clearance issues in the rear inners should be fixed. He also fixed the ugly area where the rear quater and rear inner meet.
Attached Images

atp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #127
PipsC10

what kind or what brand of vents are you going to use for your a/c? I really like the placement on the dash. Looks sharp
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #128
PBFAB.COM

Looks great Adam!

What's the plan for the firewall??? Are the receessed portions going to tie into inner fenders... or just something a little different?

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #129
atp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipsC10 View Post
what kind or what brand of vents are you going to use for your a/c? I really like the placement on the dash. Looks sharp
I have not decided yet. Probably one from Billet Specialties, unless i find something more creative.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #130
atp

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
Looks great Adam!

What's the plan for the firewall??? Are the receessed portions going to tie into inner fenders... or just something a little different?
Yes - it will be somewhere between what you did with Kyle's and the one from the link you sent me. We are trying to use the hood hinges from Sache but placement on the firewall is going to be an issue. I order some Mercedes hinges similar to Raguemoes, but don't think they will work. Thanks for all your advice on this!!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #131
atp

Here is a few more pics of the inner fenders and firewall. One from the top and one from underneath. Sorry there not better, the lighting was bad. I would love to know what you think?
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #132
hotrodhomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atp View Post
Here is a few more pics of the inner fenders and firewall. One from the top and one from underneath. Sorry there not better, the lighting was bad. I would love to know what you think?
I would like to see how they attach to the front.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #133
Rokcrln

You keep asking for imput from us so here are my .02

First off your frame is bad a$$.
The only thing I would have done was notch the rear a bit more so it would sit lower but then your rear sear would be a bit higher so I under stand the compromise.

Dash is cool but I have never been a fan of the big display moitor type sterio. I feel this will date a vehical more than any other thing you can do to it. The vents I like because in LowBuck the top center vent only blows on me because the tube enters at the pass side and the flow is one direction. Good for me but not great for the person in the center. Passenger gets a good bit of air from the side vent and the Vintage Air unit puts out a good amount. Also the stock control switch even know it is a new unit still feels old and "clunky" as were yours will be nice and modern.

The gas filler door is nice but be carefull when filling because the hole is small and at least here in California they keep making the filll nozels bigger so paint chips may happen.

Rear inner fender clearance... Nice Job!

Front inners... Again nice job and they will look great when painted and all assembled. I have loved the look of Kyle's since the first time I saw them.

Firewall I like the new shape and how the inner fenders tie into it but I would change one detail before he gets any further and thet would be were the firewall top edge ties into the inner fender. It looks like it was an after thought and I feel it would blend in much better if the topo edge of the firewall blended with the added step of the inner fender. You took the extra time to add a small detai to the inner fender that will make a big differance once it is all finished out and I think changing the small part were they meet would just blend better. Here is a quick pic of what I am thinking.

Seats look great and should be very commfy.

So here are my thoughts of how I would spend your money but it is just my thoughts and you are on a quick track to having one of the cleanest blazers that have been built in awhile! Keep it up.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #134
atp

Thanks Rokcrln - thats the kind of feedback I appreciate.

I had never really looked at the Hagen fuel doors but as soon as I took it our of the box. I had the same thought!!

My biggest concern now with firewall/inners is hinges. I have some ideas that I will post pics of Friday and see what you guys think.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #135
atp

Here is 2 more...
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #136
va_tlc

wow just found your thread, hey thanks for posting that 72 swb for danny, i got it home tuesday, my dad drove down and picked it up, they took him a tour of there shop and cars and trucks, he was really impressed, by the looks of your blazer you found he right body guys down there, cant wait to see it in color.

2006gt

1972swb4x4
va_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #137
atp

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_tlc View Post
wow just found your thread, hey thanks for posting that 72 swb for danny, i got it home tuesday, my dad drove down and picked it up, they took him a tour of there shop and cars and trucks, he was really impressed, by the looks of your blazer you found he right body guys down there, cant wait to see it in color.
Thanks - and you're welcomed. Glad it worked out. Danny is great paint/body guy. I was glad to have found him.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #138
atp

I went by the paint shop today to see the Blazer and looks like my paint guys is selling his personal truck. Here is a pic. I am listing the details in the for sale adds.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #139
atp

We have done a few things to the Blazer so I thought I would post some pics. We finally worked out the hinges. The Mercedes hinges didn't word so we went with some modified Sachse Rod Shop Hinges. I also pick up a nice set or 68 fenders and a very nice 67 grill and hood. So we replaced all the aftermarket stuff with GM stuff. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #140
atp

More...
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #141
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

That is some very nice fab work..........Great attention to detail.......
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #142
atp

Sucks to say but it looks like this project is up for sale. Financial issues forcing me to sale. I am posting details in the For Sale section. If you have questions please let me know.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #143
jkade

Do huh??? I hate to hear that but you have to do what you have to do. That is going to be sick whoever finishes it. I was planning something very similar for my fender wells. Looks great so far!!!
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #144
PipsC10

you have so much invested, why not finish the paint and then sell it? Seems it would be easier to sell and you would probably get a better return on your money. I know you said money was the issue for selling, maybe you could convince your body man to finish it and give him the dough with the proceeds off the sale? Just a thought, sorry to see you sell it, you have done an awesome job
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #145
atp

Quote:
you have so much invested, why not finish the paint and then sell it? Seems it would be easier to sell and you would probably get a better return on your money. I know you said money was the issue for selling, maybe you could convince your body man to finish it and give him the dough with the proceeds off the sale? Just a thought, sorry to see you sell it, you have done an awesome job
i though about it and we are going to talk about it in detail tomorrow night. I would really like to finish so we will see what he says.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #146
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Totally agree! If the bodyman won't do that, maybe get a short term signature loan (or use the Blazer as collateral) to finish everything up and then sell it. Just some suggestions. If I weren't neck deep in two other projects.................... Best of luck.

R/
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #147
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

WoW, and Damn, Hope it all works out
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #148
jkade

If I wasn't way in the hole on mine I would take it off your hands. Good luck whatever you do.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #149
atp

I spent some talking with my paint guy and he is willing to help some, but I need to keep it up for sale. I told him what I could afford to buy to have it finished out and he is going let me know Friday what he can do. I hope to take a lot of pics while i am there Friday. Thanks again guys.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #150
atp

I went to talk with my paint guy today and while i was there did a little work. Here are some pics of what i got done.
Attached Images