The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #126
davischevy

Re: Asking for opinions and then getting mad

A ride on a gravy train can get really messy from time to time.

Especially if the road ain't paved.

But I'm not mad. At least, Not in the sense referred to here.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #127
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You mean wrastlin! Yeah, I was going to say arms. Usually you can see in their face what way it goes next. By the time we get all this figured out it's past our rough and rowdy days. We find new ways for our cockiness as we mature (or lose it all together).

Even some bushwackin' from time to time. Never had a ride on a gravy train either!
I was thinking more judo/ju jitzu (jiu jitsu for the Brazilian players,Gracie's) guys like Mitsuyo Maeda. Teddy Roosevelt was a serious judo player. He was probably a guy that you didn't want to make mad.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #128
cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
I was thinking more judo/ju jitzu (jiu jitsu for the Brazilian players,Gracie's) guys like Mitsuyo Maeda. Teddy Roosevelt was a serious judo player. He was probably a guy that you didn't want to make mad.
A little humor here I liked along these lines, and since serveral of us are getting a little "long in the tooth", I'll make it an ol' Geezer story.

This young guy came up and started a ruckus with an ol' Geezer, the old fella was pleasant, but asked him to back off. Young fella' rared back and knocked the ol' man down. Ol' man got up, shoot his head, and asked, "What in the world did you hit me with. Young guy was dancing around and acting tough and said "Ju Jitsu", trained in 1990.
Ol' man turned, walked to his old beat-up '67 Chevy pickup, while young guy followed, playing tough. The ol' man reached in the pu bed, turned and almost knocked the kid's head off.
Kid finally got up, hardly able to stand, and asked, What was that!!!

Ol' Geezer smiled and replied"

"Crowbar----1967"

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #129
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

The thread that won't die! Hey....I just scored another post count! lol
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #130
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post
There are more illiterate people now than ever before--just look at CL.
Yeah, it's scary, huh? I think we need more taxpayer dollars to fund more bureaucrats at the Dept. of Education.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #131
special-K
Special Order

Or just pay teachers decent salary and cut back on bureaucrat wages.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 AM   #132
davischevy

I have a couple of kids that are ex teachers and coaches. It's my experience that parents need to participate before kids will engage.

My oldest daughter has a masters degree, and my son in law is a coach. They both quit and went into another field because of lack of discipline and the inability to discipline.

I'm not sure if I'm blaming the parents or the bureaucrats.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:36 AM   #133
special-K
Special Order

Both. It's very true too many parents leave "all" the teaching (and more) to the teachers. I thought having kids was all about "bringing them up", not just having them, clothing, and feeding them. There was a time, not so terribly long ago, when many kids never set foot in a school. I feel like my parents taught me more than my teachers, and that's not saying I didn't have great teachers.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-26-2015, 12:59 AM   #134
davischevy

My daughter taught 8th grade business technology classes. Some of those kids would go a week at a time without seeing a parent.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #135
special-K
Special Order

And they are to grow up with the strong sense of family and unconditional love (that holds us together when everything else fails) that our generation lives by.

Tim

Old 11-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #136
Hubscrub
Cruzin

I agree my wife teaches for the love of it sure ain't the money. Her mother was a teacher also, there is always something giving them the shaft from "higher above" that has no education experience in the name of better education.She gets so aggravated trying just to do her job with things always working against her that has nothing to do with helping the kids learn. She has no ability to correct unruly kids, it not the teachers job to raise your kids that's the parents job. Yet so many parents now are sorry and just don't care. She was reading the other day of a teacher shortage and many are getting out that's done it for years and i said it hope i see the day they can't get anybody to be a teacher. Mean but true, people have to learn sometime.

"When we become a really mature, grown-up, wise society, we will put teachers at the center of the community,where they belong. We don't honor them enough, we don't pay them enough." Charles Kuralt

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #137
kingsolver72
10/30/19

My wife is a teacher and doesn't recieve one dime. She took 4 wonderful students to a George Washington Carver museum in Diamond Missouri yesterday. Would have been 5 kids but, the oldest graduated and is going to college.
Her parent/teacher conference look a bit funny.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #138
davischevy

My sister in law quit teaching in public schools and is now home schooling their three girls.