The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
BrianG

Re: Handcrafted Goodness Inside! Exterior Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
Hello everyone. Sorry for leaving you guys hanging after all the great support you gave for this project. Unfortunately the mirrors never happened. I got as far as having a prototype CNC'ed (they did look real nice.) That was around SEMA 2014 when I went there to try to get a leather business off the ground. That has caught fire so the parts endeavor got left behind.

I do want to thank everyone for their enthusiasm. It was a good experience if anything.
Just curious, ...Was it not going to be cost effective to continue with this, or do you just not have the time? With all of the support behind these, perhaps you can partner with someone (no, I'm not offering, I wouldn't have a clue or the resources) to continue on with them. You must still have the designs and prototypes. Seems like this is a big step in the right direction. Now just finding someone to produce, package and sell these.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
jlaird

Re: Handcrafted Goodness Inside! Exterior Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Just curious, ...Was it not going to be cost effective to continue with this, or do you just not have the time? With all of the support behind these, perhaps you can partner with someone (no, I'm not offering, I wouldn't have a clue or the resources) to continue on with them. You must still have the designs and prototypes. Seems like this is a big step in the right direction. Now just finding someone to produce, package and sell these.
Time is the number one hurdle. It's funny, after I posted my reply, i also thought to myself perhaps I could partner with somebody. Regardless, these mirrors would be in the neighborhood of $400 a pair. That was the other thing that was making it difficult to bring these to life.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote