The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #126
BIG ORANGE

Re: I lost everything to FIRE,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe72 View Post
I fear for this very thing at my shop. Maybe I missed it but did they figure out what happened? Sorry for the loss, wish I had some parts to offer up for help.

Good luck with the recovery.

We dont have a clue to what may have caused the fire, I will say it was a very very hot fire lots of flammables in the shop!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #127
BIG ORANGE

I just had to tell you guy's this as I have everything eles!lol, also lost in the fire was all the interior of my son's 69 truck. Well the board member's rallied together and came to the resque and sent any and everything that was lost!
I never mentioned the seat due to not wanting to put a burden of shipping on anyone, however I did talk.PM some local member's that I could travel to if they could locate a seat. I put out some feeler's around town and the surrounding area for a seat. I rode to a guy's house the moved down here from New York and he has a couple ole trucks setting around behind his place and a nice 70 GMC Longhorn. I stop by as he was out in his shop and I told him what had happen to my shop and all, I met him as a customer of mine at the store I work at, after I told him about what all had happened he turns and looks at his helper and says pull the 70 up to the shop and take that seat out, he said he has 2 more seats in New York at his other house!
I just stood there and cried in the amasment of what just happened before my very eye's!
God has changed my life through all of this and has humbled me down in away I have never been humbled.
God has restored my faith and as days go by has restored alot of what the fire destroyed!!
I just had to share this with yall. That seat was pretty good w a cheap seat cover over it but I'm gonna get it covered here in town.
I wish yall could had seen this man who did this, he is 6.5 and 350 Ibs and a trucker, a real big barley man,,,,,,,,,,with a heart as big as Texas....
Thanks guy's for everything, mostly reading and being bless as I'm blessed to have yall.
Donnie/Buck

Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #128
468BIGBLOCK
MEMBER OF THE JUNK MAN CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetc-10 View Post
i know it's touchy because this site, like all the others, has to try and keep god and politics out of it to try and be somewhat neutral. There has been a lot of folks referencing him though and i think that is great. It is he that lead me out of alcoholism. I think a lot of people picture jesus as this meek individual but i really believe he was the original bada$$ for what he endured. Please don't ever forget that jesus didn't tap.........and neither will you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amen!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #129
flashed

Im going to hold the Earnhardt standup for you for a wall hanging for your new shop and be on the lookout for more stuff of that nature .Im glad things are getting better for you and your son. I wish I could have helped you with the parts for your truck but didnt have anything you needed. Prayers continue to come your way .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #130
JRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ORANGE View Post
I just had to tell you guy's this as I have everything eles!lol, also lost in the fire was all the interior of my son's 69 truck. Well the board member's rallied together and came to the resque and sent any and everything that was lost!
I never mentioned the seat due to not wanting to put a burden of shipping on anyone, however I did talk.PM some local member's that I could travel to if they could locate a seat. I put out some feeler's around town and the surrounding area for a seat. I rode to a guy's house the moved down here from New York and he has a couple ole trucks setting around behind his place and a nice 70 GMC Longhorn. I stop by as he was out in his shop and I told him what had happen to my shop and all, I met him as a customer of mine at the store I work at, after I told him about what all had happened he turns and looks at his helper and says pull the 70 up to the shop and take that seat out, he said he has 2 more seats in New York at his other house!
I just stood there and cried in the amasment of what just happened before my very eye's!
God has changed my life through all of this and has humbled me down in away I have never been humbled.
God has restored my faith and as days go by has restored alot of what the fire destroyed!!
I just had to share this with yall. That seat was pretty good w a cheap seat cover over it but I'm gonna get it covered here in town.
I wish yall could had seen this man who did this, he is 6.5 and 350 Ibs and a trucker, a real big barley man,,,,,,,,,,with a heart as big as Texas....
Thanks guy's for everything, mostly reading and being bless as I'm blessed to have yall.
Donnie/Buck
glad to hear that...Thats an awesome lil story
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #131
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

Donnie I will send out the screws to bolt the seat down tomorrow.

PT
94 SILVERADO SWB 5/7 drop
2000 Silverado swb
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Surprisingly very fast)
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
Some of my restorations
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/
Restored Tach tins 8 cyl - 6 cyl
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518185
Contact info(Not my paypal address) DAWGSFAN227@YAHOO.COM

God Bless Our Troops
PT'S 70 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #132
sir_talk_alot

hey donnie, have you gotten seat belts for your boys truck yet? i got that 68 parts truck and it has black belts, not original but old gm belt. let me know if you want them.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #133
BIG ORANGE

Little update here guy's, Got a new street glide last week that replaced my soft tail harley and also got paid for my shop and we start cleanup early Sat. morning and then I well decide wheather or not I'm rebuilding or relocating.
Still working on the contents of the shop, this could take alot of time cause I dont want to forget anything that was lost. Thank you all for all your support and help. God has been so good to us through this deal,,,
Donnie/Buck

Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #134
splehigh

Glad to hear it! Post some pics of the new harley. I'm looking for one myself.
splehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #135
mpotts64

what color interior stuff you need? I have some blue seatbelts, some green seatbelts, some door stuff, some radio delete plates, sun visors, and other stuff, let me know what color and what you need. All parts out of 67 and 68 trucks. The problem with life and faith is we try to limit God and make His abilities according to ours. Like when David was facing Goliath. All the trained fighters and warriors would go out and look at this huge guy and go back and said he is too big to fight, the little shepherd boy said he was too big to miss and proved it with one smooth stone. Rock on brother,

When asked why I work on old trucks, I tell them: Been married 27 years, sons are pretty much gone, don't like the wife anymore and don't have a girlfriend, so, gotta do something, the old trucks are cheaper and less drama than a girlfriend -
mpotts64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #136
BIG ORANGE

Quote:
Little update here guy's, Got a new street glide last week that replaced my soft tail harley and also got paid for my shop and we start cleanup early Sat. morning and then I well decide wheather or not I'm rebuilding or relocating.
Still working on the contents of the shop, this could take alot of time cause I dont want to forget anything that was lost. Thank you all for all your support and help. God has been so good to us through this deal,,,
Donnie/Buck
Had a few PM's about updates but other than cleaning up and working alot and going to church there's really nothing new to tell, havent seen the 69 truck in a month, had to break down and get Buck a car to drive untill we can get to the truck. Building a Zoning are being hard to work with but thats what they do best!!! Gonna pray about that that deal there! Just got the streetGlide back Thurs. and ran over my dog of 14 yrs comming through the gate in the back yard, crushed his pelvis when he ran under the rear wheel of my truck. Had to put him down at the vets office at midnite, that was a very emotional time for us all. Other than that we still working on the content sheets to turn in all together, guy said I better be very therall on everything cause after they depreciate from the total it could be scary.
Thanks for all the PMs and help with all the burnt parts that we lost in the fire also!
Donnie/Buck
I'll post a pic of the bike soon as I get time.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #137
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Sorry about your dog, i had to put down my chow chow of 16 years and i still hurt sometimes i felt like i murdered him i just cried for days but he was to the point he couldn't get around anymore just suffering. I hope every day is a bit brighter than the last if you look around it's not hard to see how truly blessed most people are compared to alot of others i thank God for that and just keep looking up. GOD BLESS you.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #138
wrwelton

hello Donnie, Sorry to hear about your garage, the contents and especially your dog. I hope this the end of your bad luck and things turn for the better. I can not imagine and it is making me think that this could happen to any one of us. I have quite a few parts and if you are looking for anything special, dont hesitate to ask. God bless. walt
Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #139
sanford66

Good news! I'm glad things are starting to come back togather for you. I hope everything works out for you. I know what you are going thru, had the same thing happen to me. I now have a new garage, another 72 to drive, and am rebuilding my tool collection one piece at a time. Things will get better, but it doesn't happen overnight. Joseph
1954 Delray 2-door sedan [rat rod project]
sanford66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #140
sir_talk_alot

Donnie, its been awhile since any of us has checked on you. Just wanted to see how things are coming along? hows your boys truck and your shop, still never got pics of that bike?-mike

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #141
JRANGER

Yes, hope everything is getting sorted out
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #142
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Prayers headed your way man im so very sorry
Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #143
BIG ORANGE

UPDATE,,, Well I turned in the inventor sheets Aug, the 2nd and we finished the 69 and driving it everyday, decided to sell our house and buy a friend of mine's place that has a super nice shop. Been 3 months and havent heard from the insurance company on the content check, Still walking with the lord dailey and sharing the love of christ with who ever will listen.
Wouls like to think these board member's for the interior peices to finish the 69,,
PT'S 70 CTS
Livrat
Toby Arnot
sir talk alot
If I left someone our I'm sorry.......

Here's a pic of the 69
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #144
72 Super

looking very good!!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #145
Daner

Oh man I was in tears reading this thread. I'm very happy to see that things are coming back together for you. God bless
49 GMC Grain truck 235 1 1/2 ton
76 Chevy 350/4 speed 1/2 ton
Daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #146
darush01

Glad to hear things are coming together and i know what damage fire can cause and i only wish when my house burned down that i had know the peace that comes with faith in the lord, i dont have much to give but thankfully others do. I will continue to pray for you and your son and every other goodhearted soul who helped you in your time of need
Posted via Mobile Device
darush01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #147
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: I lost everything to FIRE,,,,,

Donnie it was god seeing u again at the show man. keep the faith it's the only way!
Keep a eye out for a December meet some place in SC hopefully between u and me. NC. SC thread will post it.

Nice pictures of the truck to!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #148
BIG ORANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Donnie it was god seeing u again at the show man. keep the faith it's the only way!
Keep a eye out for a December meet some place in SC hopefully between u and me. NC. SC thread will post it.

Nice pictures of the truck to!
Thanks for the pic's Andy,lol the jr show was alot of fun also, thanking about the HRPT also............

Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #149
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: I lost everything to FIRE,,,,,

Quote:
Thanks for the pic's Andy,lol the jr show was alot of fun also, thanking about the HRPT also............
Your welcome bud!
Cool. You could bring the bike to and let the wife follow you are you her!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #150
Justin36

Hey Guys, wanted to thank y'all for being a Christian example and a shining light on this forum, this could be the only place someone could hear or see that example I'm a Christian and do my best to walk daily with The Lord also, it's nice to know that there are brothers in Christ here on this board! Thanks Justin
Posted via Mobile Device