The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
JasonBird
'67 C-10 LWB Driver

67 C-10 project.

Greetings! I'm a new member of your fine site! I just traded a shotgun, guitar and amplifier for a 67 truck, which i was able to drive 100 miles home! I love your site, and the folks on here have built some beautiful trucks ! Very inspirational. I hope to learn lots and i'd love to share the experience with pics and stuff. i was looking for something to fix up and i've always loved the old trucks. I wanted to get a 66 since that was the year i was born in, and i've kind of been a ford guy. but the 66 fords are butt ugly! and the 66 and older chevy's are okay but i really like the look of the 67-72 chevy's! So 67 is close enough! i looked on e-bay and craigslist for weeks and finally saw an add through that had this truck and said it was all original, everything worked, and it was rust free! dream come true! was asking 1500, for it, then it came down to 1000, and i sent him a message and asked if he was intrested in taking any trades. anyways, finally we agreed to the trade and i drove to Independence KS to see the truck. it was a little rougher than i'd hoped but it ran and the price was right! So anyways i made it home, and then found your web site and have been reading lots and looking over all the builds that have happened etc. I've learned more already! So far i've learned the kid i traded with was not the most honest kid in the world i guess , turns out the truck has some pretty bad rust spots, the engine is not the original one. it has a inline 6 and according to the serial number came with a v8. and the drivers door and left front fender aren't original. it's in serious need of some TLC! it had i don't know how many years worth of dirt inside, a giant burlap sack stuffed ina rust hole a football would pass through, 2 pairs of underwear and 3 socks under the seat. lots of dangling wires, and other signs of neglect and abuse. oh! and 1 maybe two working brakes...it was a scary ride home! i'm not exactly sure of the plans for it yet, but i know i don't want a show truck. i'd like it mechanicaly sound, and rat roddish in appearence i guess. i do know that i'd like to swap the front end with something that has disc brakes. i'd like to add power steering. and i think i'd like to put a v-8 back in it. and i know i want to fix all of the rust i think, at least the majority of it. anyways, thanks in advance to everybody! I'm sure i'll have lots of questions! i'm really excited to do this and i'm glad to meet you all! sorry for the long intro.

Jason
Attached Images

Last edited by JasonBird; 02-19-2011 at 11:10 PM.
JasonBird is offline   Reply With Quote