The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #176
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Re: My Truck

Here are those hood shots.

UPDATE* Bed pics are on the bottom of page 7.

Before.

After.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 03-13-2009 at 07:04 PM.
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #177
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Hey thats a good improvment. What did you do to correct it?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #178
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Looks much better! It's a shame you had to even do that though. I hate getting bad quality parts.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #179
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer View Post
Hey thats a good improvment. What did you do to correct it?
Thanks kizer. Added fiberglass, took away, blocked, etc. My buddy had almost 2 full days in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
Looks much better! It's a shame you had to even do that though. I hate getting bad quality parts.
Thanks man. And yeah it is definitely a shame. Atleast it's coming together finally. Gotta get the bed wood in and finished so that we can mount the bed and get it into paint.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #180
jason65
Registerd User

Lookin good Twigg.
jason65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #181
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Nice progress and good save on the hood.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #182
Strodder
Daring to be Different

The hood looks respectable now. Now hows the other side. Will that take as much time?
KUSTOM RIDES
FACE BOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291198124258863/
1965 C-10 Short Bed 350/700r4
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2016 Honda Accord w/ 18" rims
2007 Honda Goldwing Trike w/ NAVI
2001 Yamaha Roadstar Indian look alike
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...WOW!...what an amazing ride!"
Live Life Passionately!!!

[/COLOR]

I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
Strodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #183
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason65 View Post
Lookin good Twigg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Nice progress and good save on the hood.
Thanks guys. I'm trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
The hood looks respectable now. Now hows the other side. Will that take as much time?
haha yeah. If you mean the driver's side it is just as respectable and actually flows a little bit better than the passenger side. And if you mean the underside, well it 's not too bad just has the black finish over it and the regular ugly A$$ cover job that they used to cover the part where they cut. Though it might get sprayed with bed liner to cover up the matting. It's the best it's really going to get. If we take any more off the edge then it's going to bow in so really we're at the balance point and if we do any more it would only go downhill again.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #184
Strodder
Daring to be Different

At that point STOP. The more you screw with it the worse it will get. Isn't that Murphy's Law.
KUSTOM RIDES
FACE BOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291198124258863/
1965 C-10 Short Bed 350/700r4
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2016 Honda Accord w/ 18" rims
2007 Honda Goldwing Trike w/ NAVI
2001 Yamaha Roadstar Indian look alike
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...WOW!...what an amazing ride!"
Live Life Passionately!!!

[/COLOR]

I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
Strodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #185
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #186
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
At that point STOP. The more you screw with it the worse it will get. Isn't that Murphy's Law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimE View Post
Exactly. It's not perfect but it's a whole hell of a lot better than what we bought. Unfortunately there's more than just the ridiculous $800 in it. It's atleast slightly presentable now though.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #187
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

looks a lot better its coming along great
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #188
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks man.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #189
TwiggyTheDrummer

Progress is Good!

We've made even more progress on the hood over the past week but keep finding more bad spots that need to be fixed. The number of low spots on that thing are ridiculous. We also found that in one of the many bad spots you were able to see light shining through in about a 1.5 inch strip. I also ordered my bed wood from Mar-K which should make it in within the next 2 weeks so that I can stain, seal, and install it so that the truck's ready to be painted and that much closer to driving.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #190
TwiggyTheDrummer

Finally Some Progress.

For the past two weeks and weekends I've been swamped with make-up work for school and couldn't work on the '63. But it's done and turned in now so I was able to get something enjoyable done. My bed wood came in on Wednesday and I was finally able to stain it today. I've got to go Monday and seal it. Also finished a little more body work on the rear end so that we can prime and paint it.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 03-28-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #191
jason65
Registerd User

Nice wood Twigg.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #192
TwiggyTheDrummer

Old 03-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #193
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason65 View Post
Nice wood Twigg.
Thanks Jason.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #194
jason65
Registerd User

I may have missed it but what are you doing for tailgate latches?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #195
TwiggyTheDrummer

It was on some other page but I'm using the $132 cam-locking latches from Horkey's Wood and Parts. They look better and are stronger than the slightly cheaper one's.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 03-28-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #196
joe231

nice progress Twiggy!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #197
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Is that seam sealer in the seams in this pic?

Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #198
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks Joe. And yes Captainfab that is the Seamsealer. Got it from NAPA for about $10.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #199
65VOL

lookin good! Digging the way your bed wood turned out.
65VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #200
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks 65. I'm just about to go put the seal coat on it.