The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #176
cyclefreak207

Re: New member from DFW, first truck build not starting where I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
My suggestion would be to pay bills with the $1,500 you have left over so that you can get rid of those remember sooner those are gone the sooner you have more play money

That's my .02 take it for what it is, but I do agree you need to put a/c as we live in Texas the hottest and humidist(new word?) in America! and yeah of course do the drop!

dang man! glad you caught them, sorry to hear the news but being you shot at them, pretty sure they won't be trying that again. They'll know next time they might not be so lucky! hopefully you can figure it out soon what was pulled to stop the tach from working.

Yeah that's sad bro that the cops can be like that.
Definitely A/C. I've got some speakers and a head unit already, just gotta wire it all and figure out how to mount the stuff up.

And it's not even that it's the cops in the area... just that no one called the cops... Pretty scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytona08 View Post
The flat black looks good on certain applications! I say leave it and worry about other things right now. How low are you thinking about going?

Man that is crazy about having to run those people off!
I'm thinking 6/8?

Quote:
I'm surprised he didn't go after them! Heck I know I would, my truck might not be the prettiest but heck it means the world to me so if it was to be touched it wouldn't be a pretty sight.
I would have gone after them if my pistol wasn't in pieces!! but I had a Taurus PT24/7, the black lower with silver upper that I JUSTTTTT traded to a buddy earlier for a Sig SP2022, also black lower with that silver (diamond plate?) upper. And it was in pieces on the couch, since I'd only had it for like 4 hours I wanted to tear it down and clean it and be sure everything was 100% good on the interals.

But for fear they'd be back I went back inside and reloaded the pump and put the sig back together... and at that moment I realized that the taurus was a 17rnd +1 in the chamber, and the Sig is only a 15rnd +1 in the chamber...
made me long for those 2 extra rounds lol

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
cyclefreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #177
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclefreak207 View Post
Definitely A/C. I've got some speakers and a head unit already, just gotta wire it all and figure out how to mount the stuff up.

And it's not even that it's the cops in the area... just that no one called the cops... Pretty scary.

I'm thinking 6/8?

I would have gone after them if my pistol wasn't in pieces!! but I had a Taurus PT24/7, the black lower with silver upper that I JUSTTTTT traded to a buddy earlier for a Sig SP2022, also black lower with that silver (diamond plate?) upper. And it was in pieces on the couch, since I'd only had it for like 4 hours I wanted to tear it down and clean it and be sure everything was 100% good on the interals.

But for fear they'd be back I went back inside and reloaded the pump and put the sig back together... and at that moment I realized that the taurus was a 17rnd +1 in the chamber, and the Sig is only a 15rnd +1 in the chamber...
made me long for those 2 extra rounds lol
Yeah I know what you mean.

A 6/8 would be sweet but you'll have to be really careful for where you drive got to think of road conditions I mean for me 4/6 is beautiful!

Ahh I see well I can't blame you for wanting to make sure the gun was working properly.

I'll tell you like I told my friend I have a .40 cal that has 6+1 in the chamber if I can't shoot and kill someone with that many shots then I don't deserve to own a gun. So I think 16 shots is more than enough for you lol
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #178
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean.

A 6/8 would be sweet but you'll have to be really careful for where you drive got to think of road conditions I mean for me 4/6 is beautiful!

Ahh I see well I can't blame you for wanting to make sure the gun was working properly.

I'll tell you like I told my friend I have a .40 cal that has 6+1 in the chamber if I can't shoot and kill someone with that many shots then I don't deserve to own a gun. So I think 16 shots is more than enough for you lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I've always had my cars slammed to the ground, so I'm one of those 'plan my routes, drive slower on roads i don't know' kinda guy. lol

and a 9mm to the dome should end someone for sure, but being night time, not knowing how many people were in the car etc, just seems like one of those More is better things :p

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #179
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I've always had my cars slammed to the ground, so I'm one of those 'plan my routes, drive slower on roads i don't know' kinda guy. lol

and a 9mm to the dome should end someone for sure, but being night time, not knowing how many people were in the car etc, just seems like one of those More is better things :p
Haha I understand man.

Haha yeah very true but good thing you had the pump that can take a life pretty swiftly itself lol
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #180
cyclefreak207

In fact here's a picture of the bad boy. traded a $300 gun for a $500 one. lol Has those glow in the dark night sights as well.

And I had never seen this style on the slide before, I like how it's kinda diamond plate styled.

Only thing I don't like is that it has all 'passive' safeties. The taurus had a thumb safety right under the slide, but on the sig, it's got a decocker, but the only way it's TOTALLY safe is not having one in the chamber. So next safest is one in the chamber, decocked to double action. I mean the trigger pull is pretty heavy double action, but hammer back single action it's like butttttter. real easy pull.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #181
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
In fact here's a picture of the bad boy. traded a $300 gun for a $500 one. lol Has those glow in the dark night sights as well.

And I had never seen this style on the slide before, I like how it's kinda diamond plate styled.

Only thing I don't like is that it has all 'passive' safeties. The taurus had a thumb safety right under the slide, but on the sig, it's got a decocker, but the only way it's TOTALLY safe is not having one in the chamber. So next safest is one in the chamber, decocked to double action. I mean the trigger pull is pretty heavy double action, but hammer back single action it's like butttttter. real easy pull.
There's no picture man. I heard that the glow in the dark stuff is actually a paint.

Yeah I have a Taurus .40 and it only has the safety on the slide like you mentioned. And I will agree better to have 1 in the chamber than not. I'm looking at trying to buy a 9mm this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #182
cyclefreak207

Herreeeee
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #183
cyclefreak207

Quote:
There's no picture man. I heard that the glow in the dark stuff is actually a paint.

Yeah I have a Taurus .40 and it only has the safety on the slide like you mentioned. And I will agree better to have 1 in the chamber than not. I'm looking at trying to buy a 9mm this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd actually prefer a .40... If it was a glock or a sig 226, but that would mean less rounds in mine.My dad's an NRA instructor, and a TX parks and wildlife instructor, so I've been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun, So I'm a pretty good shot And I'd rather have a few extra rounds than a little more stopping power. Plus ammo is cheaper.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #184
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I'd actually prefer a .40... If it was a glock or a sig 226, but that would mean less rounds in mine.My dad's an NRA instructor, and a TX parks and wildlife instructor, so I've been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun, So I'm a pretty good shot And I'd rather have a few extra rounds than a little more stopping power. Plus ammo is cheaper.
See I love my little .40 may not have a lot of rounds but it packs a lunch and I'm okay with that as long as when I go to kill someone it does I'll be more than happy. I just want to get another one because I'm a gun freak! Plus I want to get one for my gf too. I'm trying to get my CHL this year
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #185
cyclefreak207

Quote:
See I love my little .40 may not have a lot of rounds but it packs a lunch and I'm okay with that as long as when I go to kill someone it does I'll be more than happy. I just want to get another one because I'm a gun freak! Plus I want to get one for my gf too. I'm trying to get my CHL this year
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, I need to get my CHL as well, I always carry in the truck though. Since now in texas, as long as you aren't 'restricted from owning a handgun' or 'possess it in a wreckless or unsafe manner' and it is concealed from view. you can carry it in the car or truck since now your vehicle is an extension of your home/personal property, and they changed it now to where you can also be in possession of it if you are 'immediately en route to your vehicle, or back into your residence'

And I carry on me when I'm in the grocery store, walmart etc, just because of where I live. I'd rather drop somebody 40 feet from my truck and have to tell the cops that I didn't wanna leave it in my truck than not have it and get stabbed...

Old 07-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #186
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Last I heard this was a chevy/gmc board... lets get this back to the build before it sets off a poop storm about guns etc from those who may not agree with our views

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #187
cyclefreak207

My apologies, it was kind of an update with my truck lol But my baddddd. we'll keep it down over here.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #188
77ChevySharkBite

I apologize myself bob, just got into the subject we'll make sure it stays to a minimum.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #189
cyclefreak207

But like I was saying, when the BMW thing goes through, I'll pay my tickets, go with 6/8 on the drop and pick up a compressor and the rest of the necessary components... Then TRY to find another bench :/

Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #190
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
But like I was saying, when the BMW thing goes through, I'll pay my tickets, go with 6/8 on the drop and pick up a compressor and the rest of the necessary components... Then TRY to find another bench :/
Nice!!! I wanna see pictures of it once you get it! lol I think the bench seat will be easy enough to find but it'll be a matter of finding one in good condition that will be difficult. Why don't you get yours re-done?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #191
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Nice!!! I wanna see pictures of it once you get it! lol I think the bench seat will be easy enough to find but it'll be a matter of finding one in good condition that will be difficult. Why don't you get yours re-done?
I guess I could, my mom said she could help me redo it, but the foam is TRASHHHHHED, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make another template, but the little metal of the frame that run across from front to back are bent and it sags almost all the way to the floor under the seat.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #192
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I guess I could, my mom said she could help me redo it, but the foam is TRASHHHHHED, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make another template, but the little metal of the frame that run across from front to back are bent and it sags almost all the way to the floor under the seat.
Oh no then yeah definitely replace it, I thought the seat was in decent condition just could use some new foam and upholstery done, if it's that bad I would agree get a new bench seat.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #193
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Oh no then yeah definitely replace it, I thought the seat was in decent condition just could use some new foam and upholstery done, if it's that bad I would agree get a new bench seat.
I love the bench, so I don't wanna swap for buckets, but is there any newer bench style that fits in there that maybe has a fold down armrest in the center? or maybe the newer style that the whole back of the center seat folds down?

Old 07-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #194
cyclefreak207

Or maybe a 2nd row bench from like an 02 crew cab or burb? there would be no slide or recline on those though... unless I could use the slide brackets etc off my current bench, and fabricate braces underneath the newer 2nd row bench so that the slide controls both pieces of the 60/40 in unison.... hmmmm

Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #195
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I love the bench, so I don't wanna swap for buckets, but is there any newer bench style that fits in there that maybe has a fold down armrest in the center? or maybe the newer style that the whole back of the center seat folds down?
I believe that the 88-98 I want to say truck seats in front will work for what your talking about with minor modification, I've seen a few swaps done with them.

Quote:
Or maybe a 2nd row bench from like an 02 crew cab or burb? there would be no slide or recline on those though... unless I could use the slide brackets etc off my current bench, and fabricate braces underneath the newer 2nd row bench so that the slide controls both pieces of the 60/40 in unison.... hmmmm
I have a set for an 03 2nd row out of either an ext or crew cab, and honestly I took measurements because with those seats you almost have to do a completely new modification to the seats to get them to fit. I'm not trying to say don't do it but it'll be a lot of work to get it done.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #196
cyclefreak207

Quote:
I believe that the 88-98 I want to say truck seats in front will work for what your talking about with minor modification, I've seen a few swaps done with them.

I have a set for an 03 2nd row out of either an ext or crew cab, and honestly I took measurements because with those seats you almost have to do a completely new modification to the seats to get them to fit. I'm not trying to say don't do it but it'll be a lot of work to get it done.
Found a set of 97's 60/40 split at work that the fabric is all stained up on, but I can get them for CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAP. And I could clean them up real good, and just dye them. How difficult is the fab for these to put them in my truck?
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #197
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Found a set of 97's 60/40 split at work that the fabric is all stained up on, but I can get them for CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAP. And I could clean them up real good, and just dye them. How difficult is the fab for these to put them in my truck?
I don't think it would be too hard, do a search for seat swaps for here on the forum, I know there's a little modification that has to be done but not much.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #198
cyclefreak207

Quote:
I don't think it would be too hard, do a search for seat swaps for here on the forum, I know there's a little modification that has to be done but not much.
I've looked around already... couldn't find anything too specific on this swap...

Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #199
77ChevySharkBite

hm......I would think it wouldn't be too much of a challenge but the middle is what I would be concerned about more than anything.

Here's some seats a friend of mine dad's has only thing different is it has a head rest in it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=88+ch...ml%3B640%3B480

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #200
Sodell

You would have to fab new hardware, not difficult but I have seen it done. Some people complaint that the seat is too high when installed.

87 Chevy 2WD SWB, 88 4x4 LWB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610652
Sodell is offline   Reply With Quote