The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #201
4dranch
Shloooooong bed member #2

Re: My Truck

Super progress Sean, looking nice.

Daughters 66 truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=484601

Learning to drive a 3 on the tree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCMvRgBo1Q
4dranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #202
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Thanks David. Now I've just got to get it painted and finished before May.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #203
TwiggyTheDrummer

We got the rear end and tailgate primed up so that it's ready for paint. As far as bodywork goes, we are almost done getting it ready for paint with the exception of finishing the caulking and the hood. I also got the first coat of Thompson's on the bed wood and let it dry through the night.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM   #204
ceruzziracing

Very sweet build Twiggy. I'm a fellow Floridian from Deland (25 miles west of Daytona). Working on a 62 GMC stepside at the moment. If you happen to come across a decent pair of doors and a hood I'd greatly appreciate a heads up, hard to find anything locally that I can use. Do you plan on getting down here in November for the Turkey Rod Run? That truck will definitely turn heads if you do! Keep up the great work.
ceruzziracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #205
TwiggyTheDrummer

Welcome and Thanks!

Hey cerruzzi, it's nice to meet you and welcome! Thanks for the compliments on the truck. And as far as the parts go I definitely will. It's hard to find a decent original hood at all especially a GMC hood. I do know of a few farms around me that have some of our trucks that I can check out within the next few weeks. And with the Turkey Rod Run, I am hoping to make it out.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #206
Strodder
Daring to be Different

Nice Twiggy. Love the roll pan, and the wood.
KUSTOM RIDES
FACE BOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291198124258863/
1965 C-10 Short Bed 350/700r4
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2016 Honda Accord w/ 18" rims
2007 Honda Goldwing Trike w/ NAVI
2001 Yamaha Roadstar Indian look alike
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting "...WOW!...what an amazing ride!"
Live Life Passionately!!!

[/COLOR]

I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
Strodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #207
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Nice work Twiggy!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #208
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks guys.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #209
jason65
Registerd User

The tops of the wood planks are the best. You know they will be what everyone looking at so you spend more time sanding them. Makes them look more wet and perfect when you put the urathaine on.
jason65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #210
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Haven't seen this in a while....the progress is

Nice job !!

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #211
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks jason and ChiefRocka. What poly have you guys been using?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #212
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

looks good where did you get your roll pan from
Old 04-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #213
TwiggyTheDrummer

Hey jgh64, I got the roll pan from Obsolete Chevrolet in Georgia.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #214
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

do you have a website
how hard was it to make it fit
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #215
TwiggyTheDrummer

It sat right in and welded up to the side bed panels. Simply grind it all down and fill/smooth over the seam.

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.as...vrolet_Part_Co

Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #216
Joey~AP
TexasBowhunter

Lookin good!
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #217
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks Joey.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #218
blue64

Man, you got a very nice truck. I like the wheel and paint choice. It looks like it is coming along rather easy hope mine goes the same.
blue64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #219
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks blue, it does look like it came easy. But just wait until you get to scraping 45 years of dirt and grease off that frame. That was probably the most time consuming and difficult task.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #220
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue64 View Post
Man, you got a very nice truck. I like the wheel and paint choice. It looks like it is coming along rather easy hope mine goes the same.
Also just take your time, don't cut corners, and weigh your options. Make sure that you go with what you want in the first place even if you have to save up for a little longer to do so. Those four things will really make it look good and give you something you'll really be proud of.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #221
ljackson

Hey, can you post some pics when you get your bed back together?
Eugene

http://zacks64longfleet.shutterfly.com/

Higher res. photos in my gallery.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #222
TwiggyTheDrummer

Hey guys, it's been too dang long since I've made any updates. Graduation's coming up and things have gotten pretty crazy. We're finishing up the work on that hood so that we can paint it. But as soon as something worth taking a picture of comes up, I'll be sure get you some.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #223
4dranch

twiggy...
hope all is good, been wondering about your truck. glad to hear your about done with school. keep us posted.

Daughters 66 truck:

Last edited by 4dranch; 04-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #224
TwiggyTheDrummer

Yeah it's coming along. But slowly. My buddy's full time at a Chevy dealer now and isnt able to do as much on it either. Every time we think the hood's ready, we find more holes that had been sanded through that have to be filled and smoothed. It's slow but I know it won't be done by graduation so I'm not in as big of a hurry anymore. I just want to finish before summer ends.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #225
4dranch

Glad to hear all is good. you have done way to much work to be in a hurry now. it will come together before you know it.
and right now any job is a blessing...so congrats to your buddy on his job...

Daughters 66 truck: