The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

BCToyBox,

Tell them how you park your truck outside unattended.lol How you leave it in grocery stores parking lot, mall parking lot, or a restaurant parking lot unattended. Tell em BC, I know you personally so don't lie.lol

By the way BC l need to borrow your 56 GMC to move some furniture is that cool?lol

By the way when you bought that air compressor why didn't we use your 56 GMC when we picked it up. After all its just a truck.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
65Pickup

sounds like Kabwe knows something no matter how much a driver they are they're like our children, we always have an eye on them. I got paranoid by the level of alley traffic I had when my garage door was up, they want my s*it, I now it!! Almost put an alarm in, then I realized the traffic was probably always there... my presence was the difference. Plus my stuff is s*it, even my tools...but it mine

Wow that was deep man.
65Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
lowdownstar
big guy

Kabwe you are a Certified Car Nut! i just gave your build thread a once over and man you do some killer work! I really love looking at all the hard work everyone puts into this old trucks, and your right 65 pickup they are like our kids! i wish i live close to you guys i would love to get my hands dirty working on those cool trucks.

Thanks Ray
lowdownstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
Kabwe you are a Certified Car Nut! i just gave your build thread a once over and man you do some killer work! I really love looking at all the hard work everyone puts into this old trucks, and your right 65 pickup they are like our kids! i wish i live close to you guys i would love to get my hands dirty working on those cool trucks.

Thanks Ray
Thanks man, and yes I'm a complete car nut, but nothing close to BCToyBox, the man bleeds motor oil.lol

BC is one of my closest buddy's and I just thought it was funny when you said in your earlier post "so i can take it any where and not worry about it". That is not happening with this truck, it is no doubt his baby. Don't get me wrong he drives it and has fun with it but there will be no leaving it unattended and he never worries about it because he knows where it is at all times.lol

My wife once asked me why we never go out to dinner in my 55 210. I told her I would if I can see it from where we are sitting. She said its just a car and I said you are just a girl. She understood after that.lol She is special and so is my ride.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-29-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
lowdownstar
big guy

I feel the same way about my cars but it's fun to dream! I just let my wife read what you said to yours and she started laughing and gave me the look, but she knows i love her and she knows i love my hot rods too. Its what makes life worth living, a good wife and a cool truck, i just wish i could get both of them running really good and not have to worrie about either of them! lol

Ray

ps keep those pic's coming from both of you!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

But a real car nut does not take it to car shows because he knows he will be too busy looking at cars.lol
Plus he only goes to car shows to get ideas or to see what he would like to build next.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-29-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
65Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
But a real car nut does not take it to car shows because he knows he will be too busy looking at cars.lol
Plus he only goes to car shows to get ideas or to see what he would like to build next.lol
That's funny...the last 1/2 dozen years I've attended shows with a ride, yet I look at less cars. Now its just getting ideas and rods I want.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Sorry I misunderstood you man I thought you called me childish. I see you know what I'm talking about.

The last show I took my 55 210 to a girl and a some guy were standing near it talking. I had my back turned to them and the guy I was talking to all of a sudden got this evil look in his eyes and yelled " Hey this is carshow the the **ll are you doing". Man I turned around to see what was going on and this girl had put her coffee cup on the hood of my car while she was talking. Man I went off (it was bad BC knows how I can get) and jump in my car and took off because I felt my anger was too hard to contain. My car has not been to a car show since. I prefer it that way because I found I enjoy shows much more when I'm just a looky loo. I will go to cruise ins and meet and greets because those or mostly car guys and girls. But car shows have too many civilians (lol) who don't understand its more than just a old car to me.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Thumbs up Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Sorry I misunderstood you man I thought you called me childish. I see you know what I'm talking about.

The last show I took my 55 210 to a girl and a some guy were standing near it talking. I had my back turned to them and the guy I was talking to all of a sudden got this evil look in his eyes and yelled " Hey this is carshow the the **ll are you doing". Man I turned around to see what was going on and this girl had put her coffee cup on the hood of my car while she was talking. Man I went off (it was bad BC knows how I can get) and jump in my car and took off because I felt my anger was too hard to contain. My car has not been to a car show since. I prefer it that way because I found I enjoy shows much more when I'm just a looky loo. I will go to cruise ins and meet and greets because those or mostly car guys and girls. But car shows have too many civilians (lol) who don't understand its more than just a old car to me.
No Problem Bud.
Yea, I met alot of guys and we see each other at alot of car shows/crusins. So we have a little system we developed together. You watch mine and I watch yours when we grab a bite to eat or to the bathroom. After talking to them you kinda tell what kind of person they are and can trust them. I am so car crazy. I love Pro/Streets, Hot Rods, Street Rods, Muscle cars, Rat Rods, Classic Cars and Trucks, and even tractors! And last but not least DRAG RACING!

Here are some Crusin/Car Show Pics.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...877&parid=root
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...917&parid=root
What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street View Post
[B]No Problem Bud.
Yea, I met alot of guys and we see each other at alot of car shows/crusins. So we have a little system we developed together. You watch mine and I watch yours when we grab a bite to eat or to the bathroom. After talking to them you kinda tell what kind of person they are and can trust them. I am so car crazy. I love Pro/Streets, Hot Rods, Street Rods, Muscle cars, Rat Rods, Classic Cars and Trucks, and even tractors! And last but not least DRAG RACING!
Did you say Tractors? Like.... you know... the pulling kind ....hehe....me 2. Here's a link to my Tactor/truck pull/monster truck pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/7552532...7603426652886/ also thought you might like this too.....

This always puts a smile on my face

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #11
65Pickup

That S-10 is crazy, now that's a burnout...
Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
lowdownstar
big guy

Thanks for the links BC i just orderd a couple of catologs and i orderd a tilt hood kit from no limit. It's time to play!

What are you working on now BC? still going to town on the body work?

Ray
Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
65Pickup

Quote:

I only have Puyallup Good Guys experience, but I find the people at these are all respectful. Probably because everyone has to pay to get in, so Joe Public usually isn't there. Joe likes the free show that you and I paid to put our car in, for Joe and Jill Public to abuse.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
lowdownstar
big guy

That is so true 65pickup! Free shows can get crazy not to say that the paid ones are perfect, but they are much better!

1bad62prostreet thanks for the cool pic's!

Ray

Last edited by lowdownstar; 12-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
65Pickup

I heard an Adam Corolla bit, he raves about this self obsessed generation that we are experiencing. They are all looking for the 'also ran award', they never had to compete and now the real world has to shape them into productive human beings. None of us are willing to blow smoke up their a$$ and they don't get it. Hard work is all that matters, good things come to those that earn it.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #16
BC Toy chest

Hey thanks for the link to your video 65Pickup

Old 04-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #17
BC Toy chest

Sorry it took so long to respond to you Lowdownstar. I haven't stop working on the truck just doing a lot of different stuff, but nothing worth taking pictures of. Also just been real busy with family life and changes. Had to move my mom in, she can no longer live by herself. It's been a little hard for her not being totally independant.
Here are some update pics of the rear cab corners ( replacment of right ride side cab corner) and some other stuff I am doing. I painted the dash and took the column out and painted it. I just bought a '67 El Camino for another project but won't start on that until I finish my truck. I couldn't pass it up coz the price was right. I have a motor and trans for it but don't want to go into details right now. It's going to be way more involved then my truck. I will post some pictures later.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
BC Toy chest

update pics of the rear cab corners ( replacment of right ride side cab corner) and some other stuff I am doing.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #19
BC Toy chest

I don't like the look of the rear fender bolt heads showing on the inside of the bed so I welded carriage bolts on and grind them flat and will use nylon locking nuts so when tightening them down the studs don't create sink spots on the inside of the bed as you run the nut down. The nylon locking nuts prevent you from over tightening. I was told it won't work but I beg to differ.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #20
BC Toy chest

Just painted the dash. The dash/ instrument panel inserts are not in perfect condition can't find them, I might have to have them made out of some stainless steel I have. Hate to ask, but any body know how much money two good GMC instrument panel inserts cost? (there is a left and a right insert panel) Here is the Pics of the '67 El Camino I just picked up. Lord willing I hope to have the Camino done before I'm too old to drive,
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #21
Kim57

It's coming along real nice.
Kim
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #22
lowdownstar
big guy

Looking good my friend and please don't worry about not getting back to me right away. i understand i have a family as well and they can take up a ton of my time. Are you planing on finishing the truck before you start on the new toy? Witch looks nice as well.

Ray
Old 04-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
Are you planing on finishing the truck before you start on the new toy? Witch looks nice as well.

Ray
Thanks guys. Yes I am suppose to be finishig the truck before I start on the Camino But I couldn't help myself and all ready started stripping it down a little, before I store it away. Sometimes I find myself with the Camino more then I do my truck but I will stop that very soon
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 04-22-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
65Pickup

Hey good to see you back at it, nice new Camino. GMC interior looks great, one question, I was looking at your frame and don't see any narrowing crossmember, are you fitting all that rubber in the fenders by just cutting the step side box? No frame narrowing?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Hey good to see you back at it, nice new Camino. GMC interior looks great, one question, I was looking at your frame and don't see any narrowing crossmember, are you fitting all that rubber in the fenders by just cutting the step side box? No frame narrowing?
Yes I cut the box as you can see in the other pictures. But I boxed sections of the frame and moved my leaf springs between the frame rails. I took the left spring hamgers and mounted them on the right inside of frame and the right hangers on the left side. Next I am junking my rear mono leaf springs and use No Limit Engineering Posie's Super Slide Rear Multi Leafs, & going to C-notch the frame coz I got a spring flip kit due to the axel will be on top of the springs now.