The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
JRBECK64

67 Shortwide Resto

Now that Im done with my Sons trucks I have decided to Restore a 67 Small Window Shortwide. Im thinking about painting it Arrival Blue Metalic and Silver but that could change between now and when its time to paint. The cab is a little ruff but not near as bad as the 69 I just finished. This thing needs inner and outer Rockers, lower door post on the drivers side, lower door skins, cups on the lower front part of the fenders and the bed is almost perfect. I need to do a little work to the tailgate, its dented in a few places. I am going to use the Original 327 that was in it that has 48K miles on it. I am going to put some Fast Burn Heads on it probably 64cc to liven it up a bit. Im thinking about putting a 700R4 in it to gain the benefits of the Overdrive. I already have the interior for it and the exhaust system was completed just before I broke it down. It already has Power Steering and Disc Brakes up front and has been lowered about 3 inches in the front and 2 in the back but im thinking it might need to go a little lower in the back because I want a level stance when its done. I picked up a great looking set of rims at a swap meet that were brand new and never were used. They are 18in wheels so all I need to do is get some rubber on them. I have so much of this truck ready to go that I hope it wont take long to get this one done. Anyway I will post some pictures of what it looks like right now.
JRBECK64

Last edited by JRBECK64; 01-14-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote