The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #201
67chevy1series

Re: 72 c-10 shorty

nice job yukon! now gett the out side done!
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #202
yukon ratrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
nice job yukon! now gett the out side done!
PROJECT FOR SALE!!!
I had brought my uncle over to show him the truck and he just had to hip check the box side and of course it fell off the truck and dented the cab and the box fell off the back and damaged the bottom. to say Im f*%Kin discouraged at this stage is an under statement. any one want to buy a truck that has all the new parts to put it together? I think Im done with this hobby. this thing is going in the classifieds! its pretty sad when a guy cant get his friends involved to help out with the final assembly. All most all my friends are mechanics, and assembly would be a breeze with just a little help. ever help your friends out steady and yet cant get any help in return???? thanks guys for the comments over the course of this build, but Im done. I had a tree hit my 57 chevy so i stopped. I had the same tree hit the roof hood and fenders of my wifes project 93 extended cab that was in primer, My inner feelings are truely hurt, and as far as friends go, I have a business, a wife, a new born, and I still managed to get this truck this far by myself with friends visiting me while they complain and wine and trick me into helping them. I thought that I had a few good friends left, but I guess not. this car hobby has really let me down, and Im glad alot of you guys have good friends on here, because ive been let down for the last time. I help everyone I can in every way possible, and not one person will stick their neck out for me.

Last edited by yukon ratrod; 05-23-2011 at 02:19 PM.
yukon ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #203
67chevy1series

i am really sorry to hear that , some times we get so close to the end and it just appears a huge brick wall, and now all you need is a huge bulldoxer of time to help get over that wall.

Last edited by 67chevy1series; 05-23-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #204
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Wow I didn't see that coming. I hope that you can take a break from it for a while and then regain some passion and get back in the game. You've come this far I really hope that you can finish it up.
68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #205
chevytruckluver
Eat, Sleep, Drive a Chevy

Man that bites ( to say it nicely) I wish you were closer to me, I would be giving you a hand. I really like when I can help someone and then in return they can help me, Its way easier to work on something when you have an extra hand and it keeps the project moving.
I hope you can find a way to get back into it. maybe take a break for a couple of weeks, or something.

Shall I check some real estate listings in my area for you? no really

72 Short Step
57 "big window" short step
chevytruckluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #206
hotroddr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon ratrod View Post
PROJECT FOR SALE!!!
I had brought my uncle over to show him the truck and he just had to hip check the box side and of course it fell off the truck and dented the cab and the box fell off the back and damaged the bottom. to say Im f*%Kin discouraged at this stage is an under statement. any one want to buy a truck that has all the new parts to put it together? I think Im done with this hobby. this thing is going in the classifieds! its pretty sad when a guy cant get his friends involved to help out with the final assembly. All most all my friends are mechanics, and assembly would be a breeze with just a little help. ever help your friends out steady and yet cant get any help in return???? thanks guys for the comments over the course of this build, but Im done. I had a tree hit my 57 chevy so i stopped. I had the same tree hit the roof hood and fenders of my wifes project 93 extended cab that was in primer, My inner feelings are truely hurt, and as far as friends go, I have a business, a wife, a new born, and I still managed to get this truck this far by myself with friends visiting me while they complain and wine and trick me into helping them. I thought that I had a few good friends left, but I guess not. this car hobby has really let me down, and Im glad alot of you guys have good friends on here, because ive been let down for the last time. I help everyone I can in every way possible, and not one person will stick their neck out for me.
Might I suggest you take a break from the projects, go dig out the chainsaw and take out some aggression on the trees that keep setting you back.

Its a bummer to hear the discouragement but I know a lot of us have been there. I had to take a break from my projects for the last 9 years as I got through school and paid off my school loans, but Im glad I held onto them all because Im getting back into them and its a fresh feeling of stress relief now. I hope you can take a step away from it all for a little until life and stress get out of the way because I know it will all be worthwhile when you eventually one of them on the road.

I just started driving my 68 firebird after it being parked for almost the entire last 9 years, MAN its great to be back, dont give up yet.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #207
jasonhall

Project is looking great!!!
jasonhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #208
swamp rat

Just take a break and chill, then think of what could have been changed to avoid what happened and learn from it, you have lots of talent and it shows, i'm sure you will overcome and finish the truck, hang in there!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #209
Bennett68C10

I wouldn't sell it yet, take it from me don't get frustrated and sell it now, you will probably regret it later. I sold my 72 that way and now I regret that decision more than anything. I told myself as i was selling it "you can always get another one" now as i'm building my 68 I wish I never sold my 72. I know how hard it is to build a project, everyweek I look at it and say why am i doing this then I log onto this site and see all these beautiful trucks and it reminds me why. Just take a break from it for as long as you need to. If you lived closer to me I would have helped you out also. I'm really sorry to hear about all this happening but i really enjoyed reading your build thread and hope you don't sell it.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #210
yukon ratrod

All right. Im done crying,ive had a few days away, and my wife suggested that I take a little detour with this project to relight the love. so after a few nights of talking it over with her, Im going to take this project a fewer levels higher then I had planned, remember this was just going to be a daily driver, and its already way over what I had originally planned. Mish is my leaning post when Im lost and need to recharge my thoughts! I got my 48 chevy out on the road now so I dont feel nearly as lost. in fact Im on my way to timmies with it in a few minutes. stay tuned.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #211
Lifetime Project 72

I am so stoked that you have renewed your energy for your build.Yours is one of the few threads that I find inspirational as I try & formulate a plan to rebuild my 72 GMC,& hopefully do a thread myself.
You have a truly amazing other half!!
I look forward to your future postings!!
Chris
Lifetime Project 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #212
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Great to hear you're gonna keep it!
Posted via Mobile Device
68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #213
chevytruckluver

This is great news, so glad to hear you won't be selling it, there will be another great truck back on the road soon
Posted via Mobile Device

72 Short Step
Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #214
Bennett68C10

That is great news, i'm happy to hear it

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #215
butternut1972

Happy to hear your hangin' on to it. We all need to step away once in awhile.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #216
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Glad to hear you are sticking with the project; keep at it!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #217
chevytruckluver

Are you still recharging?
Posted via Mobile Device

72 Short Step
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #218
yukon ratrod

Well its been awhile and i finally completed my mustang project do i decided to start work on the truck again hoping for some good times only to go and install my wheels and the dont fit the hub on the front! Im sure im not the first with this problem! I have 1.25 rotors now.hoping newer rotors off an 88-91 will fit!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #219
67chevy1series

yes hes working on it again!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #220
chevytruckluver

Wheels dont fit the hub? 1st guess is...are they Boss 338's?

72 Short Step
Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #221
chevytruckluver

any updates?

72 Short Step
Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #222
yukon ratrod

well the front ends completed with wheels on. had to go to a 89 chevy rotor to make the wheels fit. totally lost interest in the truck for the time being but winters coming and its going to be a long one. I got a 62 corvette in trade for my 57 chevy pick up so its kind of hot on my toys list. done some work to the vette, and will build a frame jig to install all c4 suspension in a whole new chassis over the course of this winter. seen alot of crossmember kits for the chevy trucks to install c 4 corvette suspension, so my pick up will most likely get a little make over in the suspension department. money! its only money! anybody got any spare to pass around?? lol oh and if anyone knows of 62 corvette parts please keep me in mind.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #223
oldtinrods

Subscribing in case you come back

http://www.oldtinrods.com
oldtinrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #224
yukon ratrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtinrods View Post
Subscribing in case you come back
Very cool web site! Some cool projects for sure! Ive been a busy boy this last few months and found the true meaning of stress! Just took possesion of my new shop on the first and getting prepared to move forward! Havent played trucks in a long while, but having a fully set up shop now will be sweet! Ive never had a paint booth with a full mixing system for painting before and look forward to having space and the best of tools at my finger tips! Will post some picts soon! As for my 72 its in the new shop and waiting for my attention! Ive never been this broke, and have everything invested into my future so the truck will not see much money thrown at it until i get my feet planted! I have hired my long family friend who tought me most of my skills and another long time friend as my painter, so here i go! Will post picts later tonight! Skies the limit if we are prepared to put in the time!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #225
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon ratrod View Post
Very cool web site! Some cool projects for sure! Ive been a busy boy this last few months and found the true meaning of stress! Just took possesion of my new shop on the first and getting prepared to move forward! Havent played trucks in a long while, but having a fully set up shop now will be sweet! Ive never had a paint booth with a full mixing system for painting before and look forward to having space and the best of tools at my finger tips! Will post some picts soon! As for my 72 its in the new shop and waiting for my attention! Ive never been this broke, and have everything invested into my future so the truck will not see much money thrown at it until i get my feet planted! I have hired my long family friend who tought me most of my skills and another long time friend as my painter, so here i go! Will post picts later tonight! Skies the limit if we are prepared to put in the time!!!!
A very good friend of mine recently went from a rented building to purchasing his own, larger building. He put a lot of hard work into the new building to establish an improved, more professional 1st impression for the customers. It was a struggle.... but well worth the investment of blood, sweat, & money.

Best of luck on your new path!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote