The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Dunenutt
Newbee

Legacy build

I've been lurking for a long time, gained tons of information, and have seen some realy nice trucks on here.

My restoration has been ongoing for almost two years, so it is probably time for some pics.

First of all, the story...

This truck was bought by my father, from a guy down the street in 1971. He was able to enjoy it until 1975. Labor day weekend 1975 was the last time he got to drive it. He suffered an aneurysm, which left him in a coma for an extended period. I was 10 years old. We he awoke, he was paralyzed, and his actions were that of a small child.

He lived until 2000, and was able to see his 3 kids drive it. When all is said and done it is still his, I am just the caretaker of it.

I drove it almost daily until 2003, then I parked it in the back yard. I decided that I would restore it in 2009. Little did I know what happens to a truck when you don't pay attention to it...

The truck,
""

The surprise hiding inside,
""

More,

""
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote