The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
Tim64

Best parts house

Hello All,
I'm new here. I recently bought a 1963 Chevy SBSS 230 3 spd. It was suppose to be a daily driver, but I'm finding it was far from that. Little disappointed in some of the "rigging" I've found, but I should have went over it better, my fault. The body is very solid, and pretty much rust free, but I have a lot of electrical problems and carburetor trouble. What I would like to know is who has the best quality vintage parts? I need all kinds of stuff even the spring that works the seat adjustment is missing. In fact I'm not too sure where it even goes. I have the locks for both ends and I have some steel cable, just no spring, or springs if it has two. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Tim
Attached Images

Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

Re: Best parts house

I like to use GMC Paul.................Paul and Les are stand-up people that support this site....................There are others that are reputable also.................................hemmit
Demmit_Hemmit's 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
hewlett2002000

welcome from texas!!!!!! very nice truck, i like the color. i prefer painless for wiring as i have seen alot of there harnesses and they are easy to install and work great. other parts i use LMC and for engine parts and such i use summit racing. also i just found another place to get good parts cheap, its called PAW. just google it and its the first to come up. good luck to you, and keep us posted.
John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
3speed 6cyl

looks pretty clean . depends how much you paid. how much? If you have the original engine, tranny, rearend then everthing else is very replacable. no big deal. Don't let the exterior full you of no rust. PLACES to look are under the doors, rocker panel wher you step on to get in, back bottom corner of the cab, bottom back of front fenders and floor board on both sides where they meet the door rocker panel and kickboard. Check both sides exterior and inside. IF 90% of these places are rust free, I can honestly say this was a GREAT STEAL!!!!!!!!!! LITTLE GHETTO RIGGING NO PROBLEM!!!!!
3speed 6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Tim64

Hey thanks for the info. The truck had the rockers and cab corners replaced before I got it along with the front end being rebuilt, ball joints the works. The driveline is original. It has no wood in the bed, and the frame is clean. It has just been sitting for a long time. I'm having the gas tank cleaned out and sealed this week along with rebuilding the carb, something I've never done before. I gave $3500. for it. I went down south to get it. There just isn't anything up here in Ohio that isn't rusted away, and they still want a bunch for it. Does anyone no how may springs are suppose to be on the seat adjustment mechanism? Or maybe where I can get that info. I need the seat to move freely, as my wife is a lot shorter than me and she likes to drive and work on old cars too.
Thanks, Tim
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
BIG CTY
Between the earth and the sky

Welcome from VA! My vote goes for LMC Truck. I've ordered a few parts from them, they have just about anything you could imagine. Nice looking truck! I really like 60-66 stepsides more than fleet. Too bad my old 66 step was such a rust bucket!
1976 Dodge Tradesman B200
2002 Nissan Maxima 6 speed
2004 Mercedes Benz CL500
BIG CTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
steverino66

Tim-
Went out and stuck my head under my 66 stock bench seat just now: 1 spring about 1/2 inch diameter and 16" long stretches from inside the front seat mount on driver's side and hooks to back edge of seat right under your butt (metal lip under the back of seat bottom). You'll see the small holes for the spring ends.
There's a metal rod running the width of the seat under the middle which actuates the release on the passenger side when the driver's side lever is pulled. Hope that helps.
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
60ratrod
yes, i do

welcome Tim from oak harbor, wa. you got an awesome deal. my vote also goes for LMC. they have more parts for the 64-66 trucks than the 60-63.
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Nice looking truck. I found www.truckandcarshop.com to have good prices, but I have yet to order from them.
Good luck
Alan
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
salazar44
65 - Chevy C10

I use the The Truck and Car Shop and Brothers Trucks.

For me, both places have had everything I needed and they are driving distance for me. Quality and prices have been excellent.
salazar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Chevy Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Nice looking truck. I found www.truckandcarshop.com to have good prices, but I have yet to order from them.
Good luck
Alan
They are usually at the Good Guys car show and I buy from the truck.. Better prices that way.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:11 AM   #12
fercho71

from sandiego cars & truck shop haves good prices !!!!!! truck