The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
six-T-seven
Account Suspended

Sources for interior/upholstery parts

Anyone have any suggestions on sources of best QUALITY interior upholstery pieces? I need door panels, visors, dash pad, buddy bucket covers, headliner and arm rests. Basically ALL of it.

I also would like to buy a low hump molded carpet kit, but I also need about 3-4 extra yards of matching carpet for misc. pieces that I am making myself. (kick panels, area behind seat without gas tank, firewall, etc)

Here's where I need some help, I want all of these parts in bright red but looking thru some of the vendors offerings it appears that these pieces colorwise don't always match so well. Does any one single company make all of these parts? If not, has anyone had any luck matching parts from various manufacturers or vendors? And for what it's worth, I'm not necessarily looking for the lowest price over quality.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks y'all!
six-T-seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: Sources for interior/upholstery parts

These guys seem to be the go to for automotive fabrics and vinyls.

www.smsautofabrics.com
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
john
member #16

truckseats is a board vendor and sells covers and material.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=103463
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Don't expect a great color match on interior parts.They are made of different materials and usually fro different dye lots.Even getting it ll from one place usually eans they sourced from other places.It's the same with factory upholstery,the color match was not great back then either.Your best bet to get a perfect color match is to cover the entire interior with material from once source/dye lot.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by six-T-seven View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on sources of best QUALITY interior upholstery pieces? I need door panels, visors, dash pad, buddy bucket covers, headliner and arm rests. Basically ALL of it.

I also would like to buy a low hump molded carpet kit, but I also need about 3-4 extra yards of matching carpet for misc. pieces that I am making myself. (kick panels, area behind seat without gas tank, firewall, etc)
Here's where I need some help, I want all of these parts in bright red but looking thru some of the vendors offerings it appears that these pieces colorwise don't always match so well. Does any one single company make all of these parts? If not, has anyone had any luck matching parts from various manufacturers or vendors? And for what it's worth, I'm not necessarily looking for the lowest price over quality.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks y'all!
i know http://www.stockinteriors.com sells carpet by the yard if ordered together with the molded carpet cut from same roll it says on there website also offer gas tank removed carpet for our trucks. Heard very good things from them i plan to order mine from them in the near future.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
six-T-seven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubscrub View Post
i know http://www.stockinteriors.com sells carpet by the yard if ordered together with the molded carpet cut from same roll it says on there website also offer gas tank removed carpet for our trucks. Heard very good things from them i plan to order mine from them in the near future.
That's good stuff right there! Thanks for sharing that link, I know where my carpet is coming from.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
six-T-seven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Don't expect a great color match on interior parts.They are made of different materials and usually fro different dye lots.Even getting it ll from one place usually eans they sourced from other places.It's the same with factory upholstery,the color match was not great back then either.Your best bet to get a perfect color match is to cover the entire interior with material from once source/dye lot.
Are any particular brands or vendors that are better than others when it comes to seat covers and door panel vinyl color matching? I'm not as concerned with the dash pad and visors matching simply because they are far enough away from the seats/door panels that a slight variation in color won't be as evident. The seat covers and door panels on the other hand will be side by side with the doors closed and any variation will be easy to notice. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your advice!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Question Re: Sources for interior/upholstery parts

have you checked local with a upholstery shop about the seat and visors being recovered? my local shop did my car seats cheaper that what ordering was visors too. I didn't go exact stock design though just. a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote