The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
sweet70beast

American Classic Truck Parts:: Beware

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a turn signal switch from these people, they sent it really fast so I was pleased. Needless to say I installed it and thot I was ready to drive. I had barely turned the key to check the operation of the signals and it blew the fuse for my taillights. I replaced the fuse and thot that it was weird. I managed to get the signals to work. The left signal works great, the right one however does cancel when the wheel is turned but the flasher continues to make noise and both rear lights flash at the same time. This was on Saturday and I figured I couldn't do much about it until Monday anyway when these guys open. Long story short it blew one more fuse and the right signal won't shut off at all while the key is on.
I called them today to see if I could get a new one sent to me and they kept saying that they don't return electrical parts which I understand, but the part that ticked me off is the fact that this switch was bad right out of the box they still won't do anything about it. The guy kept telling me that because I installed it they won't take it, I said how am I going to know if it's going to work or is a piece of sh!+ if I don't install it. I didn't want any money back I just wanted a part that would accually work, Jack (was his name) told me that the best he could do is give me a $10 coupon towards my next purchase I told him he could sick that coupon because I will never get anything from them again.
Their loss, I am planing on starting the restoration on my 50 3100 this winter and was planning on getting stuff from them, NOT ANYMORE.

American Classic Truck Parts BEWARE
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made
sweet70beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Thealien

Re: American Classic Truck Parts:: Beware

Did you buy with a credit card? I always do and dispute the charges.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
leddzepp

Thanks for the heads up.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
big_al_71

wow, some people really dont know how to do business...

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet70beast View Post
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a turn signal switch from these people, they sent it really fast so I was pleased. Needless to say I installed it and thot I was ready to drive. I had barely turned the key to check the operation of the signals and it blew the fuse for my taillights. I replaced the fuse and thot that it was weird. I managed to get the signals to work. The left signal works great, the right one however does cancel when the wheel is turned but the flasher continues to make noise and both rear lights flash at the same time. This was on Saturday and I figured I couldn't do much about it until Monday anyway when these guys open. Long story short it blew one more fuse and the right signal won't shut off at all while the key is on.
I called them today to see if I could get a new one sent to me and they kept saying that they don't return electrical parts which I understand, but the part that ticked me off is the fact that this switch was bad right out of the box they still won't do anything about it. The guy kept telling me that because I installed it they won't take it, I said how am I going to know if it's going to work or is a piece of sh!+ if I don't install it. I didn't want any money back I just wanted a part that would accually work, Jack (was his name) told me that the best he could do is give me a $10 coupon towards my next purchase I told him he could sick that coupon because I will never get anything from them again.
Their loss, I am planing on starting the restoration on my 50 3100 this winter and was planning on getting stuff from them, NOT ANYMORE.

American Classic Truck Parts BEWARE
Did you have the switch on earlier and just replaced it. Or did you plan on adding turn signals. If you have a stock style harness and try to add turn signals Both lights will flash cause the harness is not made for TS's. You have to fix the wiring in back to work with signals. They don't tell you this in the instructions.

If the part is defective even electrical you should get your money back w/o question. We do it but we check out the part to see why its not working. Those switches can be crappy.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
sweet70beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
Did you have the switch on earlier and just replaced it. Or did you plan on adding turn signals. If you have a stock style harness and try to add turn signals Both lights will flash cause the harness is not made for TS's. You have to fix the wiring in back to work with signals. They don't tell you this in the instructions.

If the part is defective even electrical you should get your money back w/o question. We do it but we check out the part to see why its not working. Those switches can be crappy.
The switch went into my 71. I told them I didn't want my money back, I just wanted a TS that worked right. I totaly felt like they didn't trust me and thot I was scaming them which is why I told them I wanted a new one and not my money.I even told him that I knew they would want to test it, heck I would if I were them. I told Him that everyone (parts companies) I have ever dealt with has replaced a defective part with a new one atleast within a certain amount of time. He then went on to tell me that it was a GM part and even if they did take it back GM wouldn't replace it. I told him that his GM and my GM must be two different companies because I haven't had a problem.
It made me mad that they weren't willing to do anything reasonable to fix the problem. Their remedy was a $10 gift Certificate. That is real big of them. I told the British guy on the other end of the phone what he could do with the gift cert and told him they lost a customer forever.

A new development with the switch is now in order for the hazards to work I have to push the button and move the TS lever up or down like when I want to turn a corner. This thing is such a piece of junk I will probably have to put a used one back in just so it will work right.
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made

Last edited by sweet70beast; 10-12-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
mbgmike

Oh I was thinking it was a 1950. I thought it was the clamp on style TS. We sell two different companies for those years also. ACDELCO what is probably what you recieved. ACdelco will tell you that it may or may not have to be altered to fit. depending on year. Makes a diff if manual or tilt. May have sent the wrong one. And some do not fit like they should. We also sell another brand made here in USA but some parts are made in Mexico
That Limey is still their HUH Never trust a Brit. Irish or a Welshman OK. When running a business you have to take the good with the bad. I would have returned for a full refund if it was me. I don't care if its electrical.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
sweet70beast

If it was n't for the fact that I bought a bunch of stuff from them at the same time I would have stopped payment from my card.
He made it pretty clear that they wouldn't do anything except the $10 gift cert for me, so it wouldn't matter if I sent it back or not.
The TS they sent looked just like the original one I took out except for the connecter adapter. By the way it went into an auto\tilt column.
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made

Last edited by sweet70beast; 10-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.