The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Samuel M

Chevy S10 2.5 4 Cyl - some assembly required? from the 88-98 forum

Ok. I have recently acquired a 1991 2.5 S10, TBI. I need to assemble all the under-the-hood wiring, as well as a few odds and ends.

The wiring harness, So I was told, as well as the engine and ECM are all a match set - they came from the same truck. Im progressing OK with the wiring, save for a few odds and ends that I have no effing idea what to do with.

A few of these odds and ends would be..

Large green 4 pronged connecter on the rear passenger side of the engine. Underneath where the TBI sits. there is *NO* connecter on this harness to go onto that. Thought maybe it had something to do with the old Automatic Tranny. I dont know. Anyway. Dont know where that one goes. There are also several white 2-pronged connecters lying around (2-3 of them) That dont have a mate anywhere that I can find.

One more thing. I took a small wire off the top of the starter Solenoid when I removed the wiring harness and I have no idea what It was. When turning the key over with the clutch depressed, instead of the motor turning over and everything going dark, nothing happens at all other than the alt gauge on the Instrument cluster going down by maybe 1.

Ok, on to the next set of problems.

There are 3 fuel lines going to and from the tank. I know one is feed, one is return, one is vapor. The feed line is fed correctly. I *THINK* the return line is fed correctly (Down past manifold into small return spout on the frame). How exactly should I feed these?? I would greatly appreciate the help, I kinda got into more than I can handle on my own but Im determined to fix it. Thanks for any help!
Samuel M is offline   Reply With Quote