The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Cheeseman

Arrow LS manifiold/header woes.....

OK, I have the CPP tubular motor mounts and am having a hell of a time getting a header/manifold to fit. The stock ones dont even come close, I just ordered a set of the Hooker LS headers and they are at least an 1" from fitting b/c of hitting the top of the mounts. I am not wanting full length headers due to the truck being so low, so a set of shorties is needed. I was told that the TBSS stock manifolds will be hitting the same as the Hooker ones.....what other known, proven manifolds/headers are out there that will clear these CPP mounts? Thorley has some that have been rumored to clear these mounts, but I want to see pictures and the such before I drop $700 on headers.....

Cheese "HELP!!" Man
Old 08-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: LS manifiold/header woes.....

I don't recall hearing about the TBSS headers hitting on any swap, as they are probably the lowest clearance of all the manifold options.

When you say hitting the top of the mounts, I assume you mean the top of the perch is hitting the bottom of the cast manifold? I had about 1/8-1/4" between the two, and thats the most you'll get.

Keep in mind, make sure your motor mounts are in good shape, or it will sag and may not fit either way.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Cheeseman

That is correct, the top of the perch is hitting the cast manifold. The motor mounts are brand new, so not any sag other than just from teh motor sitting on them for the past couple of months.

I just got off the phone with Jeff at CPP and I have a set of the new flat top steel perches in route. It was a more economical choice to go that route and keep the Hookers than to buy a set of Thorleys. It is going to be a little more work, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will fix my problems.

Cheese "my head hurts" Man
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Matt Cramer

What adapters are you using to put the motor mounts on the LS blocks?
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Cheeseman

I fabbed a set that mirrored the ones that CPP sells with their LS swap kit, but I used all 4 holes on mine where they only use 3 I believe. I believe it was the 3" ones but not sure now. It has been a trial and error install....

Cheese "a work in progress" Man
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
kevmac

using V8 mount holes in your x member? dougs are supposed to fit, do a search should show some pics
kevmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Operatorfailure

CPP started making sheet metal motor mounts a month or two ago, about 3 days after I bought my tubular mounts. I had to chop mine up to make them work, I tried truck manifolds and tbss manifolds. I modified my mounts and used the tbss manifolds and it all worked out. I have pictures on the first post of my build thread.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=588800
Posted via Mobile Device
Operatorfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Cheeseman

My new CPP sheet metal mounts arrived late last week and my buddy J.R. came out to the shop this afternoon and we swapped out the CPP tubular mounts with these sheet metal mounts and they fit like a glove. After installed we test fit my Hooker LS manifolds, they too cleared and fit like a glove. Couldnt be happier. Now to clean up those tubular mounts and get int the for sale forums.

Cheese "very pleased" Man