The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
hold24

I found a Truck to look at

Its a 72 with factory air box and interior vents but the the accessory list on glove box does not list it. It appears to be all factory. What do you guys think
. He's asking 21,500 Is it a true air Truck
Attached Images

Last edited by hold24; 10-12-2014 at 11:47 PM.
hold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Re: I found a Truck to look at

If it has ZERO rust / garage kept / repaired with all OEM replacement parts, then 21.5K could be considered. By looking at Spid it a basic model with AC, not a CST.
Few questions to ask:
1. Was the bottom trim added on later
2. Seat covers original
3. If it is re-paint, look for body damage signatures on the inside of fenders / Q-panels
4. The most likely rust spot will be the pillars behind doors up in the Q-panels, flashlight and long screwdriver to get under the edges and look up in there.
5. Does the OE AC system actually work like it was installed - ie, dash controls, all vent actuators, fan switch. See if compressor is OE or a rebuilt / re-man part. They usually have a short life span.
Some thoughts...

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
hold24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
If it has ZERO rust / garage kept / repaired with all OEM replacement parts, then 21.5K could be considered. By looking at Spid it a basic model with AC, not a CST.
Few questions to ask:
1. Was the bottom trim added on later
2. Seat covers original
3. If it is re-paint, look for body damage signatures on the inside of fenders / Q-panels
4. The most likely rust spot will be the pillars behind doors up in the Q-panels, flashlight and long screwdriver to get under the edges and look up in there.
5. Does the OE AC system actually work like it was installed - ie, dash controls, all vent actuators, fan switch. See if compressor is OE or a rebuilt / re-man part. They usually have a short life span.
Some thoughts...
Notice on this pic the the factory Ac box on the firewall is missing a bolt. He also told me the Ac is not holding a charge at the moment..
Attached Images

hold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
rsavage

If was built with factory air it would be on the SPID. It may not have come with those buckets and console either as the SPID seems to indicate appears heavy duty aux seat (although I can't read the end clearly, which would indicate the wider buckets). Lower trim and tailgate trim, deluxe marker lights etc. may not have been on it originally but certainly look nice. No photos of the underneath. Check torque boxes, rockers, top of A pillar where the triangular weather stripping is screwed down ( kind of hard to see with the top on, but a common rust area). It appears to have had an aftermarket swing away tire carrier on it at some point due to two holes on upper rear right quarter in the one pic. Looks like a decent Blazer with the few photos you posted, and if it is solid with good paint, I don't think it is out of line on price. People generally build these trucks, even a stock type restoration, somehat like they want them. I have seen bone stock, unrestored low mileage Blazer in exceptional condition needing nothing go for significantly more, and although this may not be that truck, it still may be a good one. Only a careful in-person inspection will determine that.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Overall, looks OE in their, no heat stove from the drivers side manifold to bottom of air cleaner. On the A/C vacuum ball - their should be a bracket holding it out not bolted directly to box. There is a two A/C brackets missing - one on the rear of the A/C compressor and the other bolts to the Intake manifold - they connect to stabilize the Compressor on the back side. A lot of wires hanging out too. But it appears to be the correct system for that Blazer. The last issue would be if it was non-A/C vehicle and some one put a OE '72 system on the truck, then there would have to be a lot of modifications to the firewall and dash areas. So, the question would be - quality of work. Last ensure that the title, VIN plate, frame and SPID are match numbers.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote