The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
jwbchevy502

'68 SWB - Hauler to Complete Resto

I have been a member for a short time and joined long after my project was well on it's way to completion so I didn't start a thread back then. I guess that’s the bad news. The good news is, after being a member of this site and reading many of these great threads, I have realized how many of you like pictures so that’s the good news. So I will start my thread from the beginning and walk it through in short order.

I bought this truck with the intention of turning it into a tow vehicle to haul my '67 Camaro to and from shows. That all changed when it showed up at the house. I bought this truck in Arizona from a gentleman I met at a Goodguy's show in Scottsdale a few years ago. He was using it as a shop truck and had it parked behind this car he just spent considerable time and $$ on restoring. All my buddies were checking out his car and I was crawling all over his truck. I had always loved the 67-72 lines and was crazy about this truck. I finally came to an agreement with him on price nearly 6 months later and had the truck shipped from Arizona to my home.

This is pretty much how it looked when I purchased it – a great looking truck in great shape. Needless to say when I bought it, other than some clean up and TLC, I was planning on a hitch install and some suspension and basic engine work to ensure it would be a good hauler.
Attached Images

jwbchevy502 is offline   Reply With Quote