The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
UK62LW

Hi from the UK - 1962 LW

Hi

Have Googled into this site plenty of times whilst looking for info, so thought I'd join up!

I bought my 62 (through a contact in the UK Classic Mustang forum) from a guy in Riverside. Original Cali truck which I had intended just to have freshened up mechanically then sent over. Well, things got a bit more radical and we decided to drop it on a 77 frame to give the benefit of coil springs, power disc brakes, power, etc, etc.

Things got a little problematic though and the guy went very quiet (and very nearly went bust), but one day I got a call to say the truck had been collected and was being shipped. Once it was 'home' I checked it over and whilst it was ok, plenty of stuff I'd hoped/paid for to be done wasn't, so took a few months before it was able to be registered and used.

Still, it's now on the road and being used whilst the last of the jobs get sorted out. Here's a few pics - hope you enjoy.

Cheers

As bought

The donor

Mocking up

Now in UK

Lokar installed

Headers in

Wiring getting sorted

New basic exhaust system

Moon gauges

Mexicans

As she is today

Looking forward to making more use of this site and getting to know some of you guys - let the banter commence !!
UK62LW is offline   Reply With Quote