The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
nicke

My other passion...65' Impala SS

So here is it. I bought this car when I was 16 (I am only 25 now, but it will always be my first car). I have done many things to it and it has changed and progressed over the years. I have done things like install a custom new rear parcel shelf, done dual antennas, and put American Racing torque thrust 2 whheels on it (not the wheels you see in the pic...yea, that was a phase!) It has a 283 engine, but I am hot on the trail of the correct 327, whill be coupled with the powerglide which is already in there. I finally did everything to the best of my ability, and outsourced the rest of the paint and body work to a shop in Tacoma, Washington, all the way on the other side of the state. They are putting on a new rear driver side quarter panel (fixing poor body work from previous owner) smoothing out the entire body, and laying a new fresh coat of pearl white paint on her. I am thinking that I want to go with a new set of wheels, possibly the Coys c5 polished, 20x8.5 rear and 18x8 up front. I will do dropped spindles on it to give it that nice cruiser stance. The interior is in great shape, and I have done it all myself (carpet and seats). I also put a nice little stereo system in there to keep me going. My impala drives like the first day it was off the assembly line, and is relaible as any car anyone has ever had. It was my daily driver through high school and college, and once it is dont, It will be my daily driver again. I just love driving it too much. MY new C20 will see me through the winters, and my impala will keep me old school all summer! Classic vehicles are just too beautiful, I dont think I will ever buy anything new again!
I have one picture but have many more on the way! I hoipe you all like it, and again ****note I grew out of the wire wheel look**** HAHA Pictured behind my impala is my twin brother's 67' Mustang. I am the chevy guy, and someone had to be ford!
Attached Images

nicke is offline   Reply With Quote