The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Sharps40
Account Suspended

John Lee Gets A Passenger Side Rear View Mirror

In the finest tradition of spendin, I dumped even more Christmas money on Truck Stuff.....this time another LMC black rear view mirror for the passenger side of John Lee. I put one on the drivers side of Ol John Lee and transferred it to John Lee after Ol John Lee got squished head on.....even though its prolly Taiwan China stuff I like it. Quality is fine, fit is great. Two years on the Drivers side and going strong and lookin fine.

So....to the job. Strip off the door panel. A permanent cup holder is a fine place to put screws and handles and stuff so they don't get lost.

No nut plate inside the passenger door....just a sheet metal bracket outlining the position of the holes and a place for a man with thin long arms to get tangled up in tryin to spin on washers and nuts.

Lookin at them last two photos don't do the job justice. Its three hands.....need someone to screw for ya from the outside while ya hold nuts. Blu Goo is mandatory, so is masking tape, open end wrenches, sockets, a magnet on a stick to get dropped tools and nuts and washers and small biceps, long arms, a good light inside the door and a long center punch (or screwdriver as a center punch) and hammer and touch up paint and lube up the tats on yer arms, theys gonna take a beating.

Briefly then. This is no country for Timid Tom or Fat Arm Freddy.

Last edited by Sharps40; 01-16-2014 at 10:10 AM.