The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2002, 02:29 PM   #1
jjg

Trade 402 for 71 camaro

alright guys i own a 71 camaro with a running 350 with 400 transmission, rebuilt carb, new plugs new wires. Ok i have owned it for about 2 months, This thing is pretty rough. I put it up for sale and i have a guy interested, but he doesnt have any money, He wants to trade a 402 block with matching heads, brand new water pump, and maybe some brackets but that is it no intake carb exhaust manifolds no crank no pan nothing. I told him he could have the camaro complete for 750 dollars as it sits now. Or i said i can pull the motor and tranny and give you the body for 300. I thought that was a pretty fair deal, but he says he would like an even up trade for the car complete he said he would throw in a 79 ford fairmont or something (not interested in that at all)
I would like to move the car, but i cant give it away for a block and some heads that would need to be redone anyways. What is a bare block and heads worth on something like that. any advice is appreciated.
thanks
John
I will attach pics of both the car and the block he wants to trade for so you guys can see.
Ok sorry for making this not clear but i would NEVER trade my car for that kind of deal. I just merely was asking what would be the going price on a block and etc so i could deal some kind of partial trade. But I think this guy wants to get something for nothing, Well who doesnt but i was taken aback when he wanted to do straight up trade. I am all for giving someone a deal but please do not insult me

thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by jjg; 11-05-2002 at 07:55 PM.
jjg is offline   Reply With Quote