The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
JohnHavla

Classic Chevrolet Parts . Com Info

Sorry,

I put this in the project build forum by accident (please delete if ok), so I'm reposting here.

I'm curious if anyone has used this firm in OK City and curious on the quality of their parts, especially sheet metal.

A friend of mine and I both need sheet metal (He needs for a '63 and mine is a '72). Not sure if these folks have better/equal/or lesser quality than LMC or others.

Thank you,

John
JohnHavla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Classic Chevrolet Parts . Com Info

For fitment/quality of parts and customer service I recommend going with board members here who are also vendors such as Wes Hepp (http://www.classicheartbeat.com/) or GMC Paul (http://www.gmcpauls.com/). I've tried several others for my projects including LMC and trust me the board member/vendors are the way to go.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #3
leddzepp

No reason to buy aftermarket sheet metal if you live here in so cal. Craigslist is full of people selling nice rust free OEM panels. If you have time on your hands and are patient you can find it at a junkyard for peanuts. If you want new repro sheet metal, go with Brothers locally and save on shipping costs.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
67c10rustbuket

Classic Chevrolet Parts uses the higher grade Tri-Plus panels, Tri-Plus does make different thicknesses of several parts. LMC uses the thinner or other lower quality brand. From my experience anyway, having seen LMC panels in person and seen the same Tri-Plus panels with different gauge thickness on the labels. Classic Parts is right on par with GMC Paul's, Classic Heartbeat, and Brothers. I shop there in person since they are close by and I can see what I am paying for.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #5
JohnHavla

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
No reason to buy aftermarket sheet metal if you live here in so cal. Craigslist is full of people selling nice rust free OEM panels. If you have time on your hands and are patient you can find it at a junkyard for peanuts. If you want new repro sheet metal, go with Brothers locally and save on shipping costs.
LeddZepp,

Thanks so much for the advice. My buddy has a '63 and with my '72 we are going to make a list and drive over to Corona in a couple of weeks and pick up the parts. Worst case, if we don't like the quality we'll just head on back home. I have a feeling everything will be fine.

Again, sincere thanks.

John
JohnHavla is offline   Reply With Quote