The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2022, 11:26 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Air over leaf set ups.

Please let's not start with why it's a bad idea. I know most of them.

Well I removed my old leafs, and put in some rebuilt ones I did. I re-arched them to match after building a jig for my press. Well technically they after better then my old ones. They only sag 1.5" to the passenger side not the 2.5" my factory one's did. Winning right.

Well I need the truck lifted back up not just sagging all the time till I can afford new leaf springs made to my specs. Factory 56" are too stiff for a rcsb. The springs I want are $1500. Or I have to move a bunch of stuff around to clear a pan hard bar for a 4 link, and just air bag the whole thing.

Currently I am financially deep in what was supposed to be a engine swap into the truck, but turned into. I will just fuel inject it for the time being till when my hand heals up again. Plus my Durango has been putting a hurt me real bad too. So it's needs to be on the cheap till things line up again for me, and Abe Lincoln is crying from the penny pinching. I already have the bags, and line to fab up helper air bags. The bags are Slam SS7's I believe or 8's. Can't remember right now.

I know the biggest reason air over leaf is bad is most people remove all the leafs except the main. Which cracks from bending the wrong way, and the lack of support.

What if i ran the 2 big leafs, and the bottom leaf. Or just the main leaf, and the bottom leaf. Is there a decent way to pull this off for a few months
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote