The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2002, 06:12 PM   #1
70-Chevy
-Chris

My Truck Is Wrecked!

It started out that my truck shut off in the right hand lane on a 2 lane road with a median in the middle on Friday night with busy ass traffic. My 69 was at a dead stop and i dont know whats wrong with it still. My buddy gary was ahead of me in his 66 implala and saw me break down. He circled around and came to help us push. My freind Kris and Gary started pushing the truck off the road while i was steering. Keep in mind that I only had about 50-60 feet before the next driveway so i could get the truck off the road. Weel Gary got tired of pushing and we switched positions. I was pushing in the middle of the tailgate next to my friend Kris on the right side of the bed. About 3 seconds after I started pushing, I instantly saw a silver flash to the left of me and it was a Honda S200 that rearended the back of my truck and skimmed my leg! It scared the **** out of me when it skimmed my leg. The 69 was about 5 to 6 feet in the air and was launched 15 feet foward. I cant beleive that this happened! The cops came and wrote up a ticket for him and I for both of our insurance companies. His paper said he was doing 25 MPH! Can you beleive that!?! As heavy as these trucks are, he launched it that far going 25 MPH! My truck is suprisingly okay. The bumper is gone and my dual pipes behind the wheels are crushed flat. The rearend is pushed foward on the drivers side. I looked at it under the truck and the frame isnt bent at all! YES! I thought it would be totaled. I was lucky I wasnt hit though. The S2000 was totaled! The hood was like a sardine can and the fender and lighting assembly was 20 feet away from the accident. The front right tire was shoved into the passenger side seat. Amazing how steel compares to fiberglass. I really just cant beleive that this happened. The bed and tailgate are completly fine! Only the rearend and bumper are shot. Insurance is giving me money to fix it (thats what they say). If not someone is getting sewed. I almost had no left leg, its almost unbeleivable. It all happened so quick. i got sick about 20 minutes after the wreck from looking at my tuck in the situation it was in. It hurt me deep down to the soul! HAHA
70-Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote