The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #1
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

SCORE! Free 70 3/4 Longhorn with 402BB

Only thing was, I had to take all of the rust too.

70 3/4 Longhorn with 402BB, Was found in Bolinas, which is on the west coast just north of San Francisco.
The engine is a 402 big block, has suffix of CKR (which shows up as a 70 Chevelle 402, 330hp, 4-sp, LS-3) Has a Turbo-400.

Owner claims motor and tranny are rebuilt and have about 1000 miles on them when the rear-end went out. Has sat for a few years now.

We had to use an A-frame to lift the back end, then we rolled the trailer under it and whiched the rest of the way on. I did not like that we had to load it backward, but that was the only way we could access the truck. Made it very hard to driver over 40, almost fishtailed hard twice!!

Would you believe that I was able to take the tailgate, both doors, windshield, and roof off by hand with no tools!!!

Going to finish removing all body panel and cut her up for scrap!! I will have some good part left over and will post them here later (stuff like all four side markers that are perfect, windshield chrome, etc...)

Keeping the 402!! Sorry.
Enjoy the pictures (oh and there is one of a 52 Olds 98, buddy is tearing that one up but keeping the complete rocket engine, even had the stock air cleaner).