The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

Dan's '46 - Some Small Stuff Done Today.

I was off today and got a little time to work on a few things. I thought we needed a few work threads on the new board, so minimal as this work was, here goes:

Installed my rebuilt windshield regulator AND it works! The through-dash grommet sold by Jim Carter Truck Parts did NOT fit. NOT even with a bit of surgery. See pic's.

Got my eBay $9 glovebox hinges wire wheeled of minor rust and painted them satin black. I need small bolts to install the glove box door on the hinges though and some Nylok nuts for the hinges to connect to the dash. I did get the glovebox itself in though. It's HUGE too At least now I've got a place to put my registration and I'm going to buy a 1946 Owner's Manual.

I was going to install the cowl vent actuator too but my under dash mounted gauges are in the way of where the handle mounts. I'm considering:
1. Welding the cowl vent shut (boo!)
2. Moving the gauges over the top of the windshield (a bit odd)
or
3. Mounting them vertically in the same panel they're already in on the driver's side kick panel.

I also had some question about how the vent weatherstripping works? I uploaded pictures if anyone knows. I need to study this a bit. All comments appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 03-05-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote