The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
SCOTI

N2trux....

Didn't want to hijack brad2's progress post.... what's this BS about leaving it outside?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:20 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Scoti,
You already know some of this, but for other that might read this. I had Blazer at a shop getting the LS1 installed, they were supposed to dxo quit a bit of sheetmetal work too. In the beginning, they really made progress. That lasted a while, but then they would work on it a day, and it would sit for weeks.

After a few months of this, I finally asked them to finish what they started, so I could take it to another shop. I plan to take it to Stoked Out Specialties in Rockwall, after seeing the quality work they did on my 77.
It sat for another month with almost nothing done. I asked them again to please finish up what they started. I was trying to be cool about it, but it was sitting outside with the rear window down in the rain. Thats when a shop hand took me aside, and said I "really" needed to get it out of there.

Later I find out it's been sitting outside at night for over a week now....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:28 AM   #3
brad2

Thats not cool. I am amazed at the number of shops that pull stuff like that.
brad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
Izzy
Trucker.

Man I'd be one PO'd mofo. BTW what shop is that so people know not to go there?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yeah, I just don't get it. I made it a point to pay the guy on time, and never questioned the hours. I guess I was just to nice about it. The guys that raised h@ll seem to be getting something done. It was an hour drive to the shop, so I caouldn't just go camp out there like some customers.

What made it even worse is the guy refused to answer his phone, and would never return my phone calls. He says he can't get anything done if he is on the phone. Ok, I take that back. I shouldn't say "never". He would answer the phone if he wanted more money.

I'm not going to beat the guy to death on a public forum. If you want honest information about what was, and wasn't done, email or pm me. What I will say is the name of the shop is Texas Motorsports in Conroe, Texas.

The sad part is, this guy was once extremely good at what he does. I know he has had some personal issues to deal with, but who hasn't. I have had quit a few myself in the past few years, and still manage to get up every day, and deal with my world....
Old 10-01-2003, 09:19 AM   #6
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I hate to hear that about your Blazer. Ihave been wanting another one, and seeing yours has made me lean towards getting a 2WD one. Hopefully, getting it up here will get your project moving in the right direction. That will be a gorgeous truck when it is done.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:21 AM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Jonboy, I am hoping you are right. After seeing what Stoked out Specialties did on my 77, and a few other projects they have going, I know it will be in capable hands.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 AM   #8
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

HOLY COW!!! You are freakin kidding me!! I just read the other post and I am glad you went a picked it up. That is outright insane! When is it going to Stoked Out, tomorrow?
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:01 AM   #9
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by N2TRUX
Yeah, I just don't get it. I made it a point to pay the guy on time, and never questioned the hours. I guess I was just to nice about it. The guys that raised h@ll seem to be getting something done. It was an hour drive to the shop, so I caouldn't just go camp out there like some customers.

What made it even worse is the guy refused to answer his phone, and would never return my phone calls. He says he can't get anything done if he is on the phone. Ok, I take that back. I shouldn't say "never". He would answer the phone if he wanted more money.

I'm not going to beat the guy to death on a public forum. If you want honest information about what was, and wasn't done, email or pm me. What I will say is the name of the shop is Texas Motorsports in Conroe, Texas.

The sad part is, this guy was once extremely good at what he does. I know he has had some personal issues to deal with, but who hasn't. I have had quit a few myself in the past few years, and still manage to get up every day, and deal with my world....
That stinks because my buddy on FSC is having a similar issue with getting his trucks body work done. His truck has been at this shop for 3 months and they’ve done little to nothing. It’s well over 7grand in work but he can’t even get the owner to return his calls. Pretty sad considering the nice work the shop does.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:06 AM   #10
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by Captkaos
.... When is it going to Stoked Out, tomorrow?
It won't be quit that soon. Goodguys in Dallas is this weekend, and they are thrashing to get the bosses 55 together for it. After that, they are coming down to pick it up...
Old 10-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #11
SCOTI

Well that does suck. Sounds worse than what you orignally thought. Remember that lowly workers name as it sounds like he learned the golden rule.... treat others as you would expect to be treated.

BTW, the 55 is looking good.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:47 AM   #12
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Ken,
Are you going to be able to come up for the Goodguys show? I am tentatively planning to go; seeing your truck in person would rule!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:10 AM   #13
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally posted by N2TRUX
It won't be quit that soon. Goodguys in Dallas is this weekend, and they are thrashing to get the bosses 55 together for it. After that, they are coming down to pick it up...
hehehe, Ok, next week then!
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:53 PM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonboy
Ken,
Are you going to be able to come up for the Goodguys show? I am tentatively planning to go; seeing your truck in person would rule!
Yes, I am going to be there. I am leaving Friday night, and staying with Keith till Sunday.

The 77 won't be making the trip though. I was going to bring it, and just enter it in the car corral, but decidded not to. It started running rough coming home from the Longhorn Rod run, and I don't have time to work on it. I think it may have trash in the fuel filter, but that's just a guess....
Old 10-01-2003, 06:55 PM   #15
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
Well that does suck. Sounds worse than what you orignally thought. Remember that lowly workers name as it sounds like he learned the golden rule.... treat others as you would expect to be treated. BTW, the 55 is looking good.
I have his cell number stored in my phone. He just works there in his off season. He is actually a taxidermist....
Old 10-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #16
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

What part of town are you going to be in? I would like to see Keith's truck too, and if you guys are close, I would like to get some opinions on my truck as well. I will PM you my cell # to meet you guys at the show on Saturday. I will have my daughter with me, but she likes trucks as well....
Old 10-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #17
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Jonboy, got your pm and returned one. We will be staying in Rowlett, or hanging out at Stoked Out Specialties in Rockwall. Keith did have his truck at his house in Rowlett, but he may have moved it....
Old 10-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #18
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I will definitely see you guys at Goodguys, and hopefully make it out to Rowlett as well. I live right in the middle, off 20 at 360. If possible, everyone could come over and offer some suspension insight. My truck is still an a lot of pieces....
Old 10-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #19
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Cool, we can hook up and discuss. I will be a passenger with someone. Not sure who yet. Call me, and we will work it out...