The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Jmc69c10

New guy from Delaware

Hey guys, just recently bought a 1969 C10 Stepside a few weeks ago for my dad. I'm hoping to get a few things done to it prior to his birthday/fathers day.

Truck was originally a 6 cyl truck but now has a 350 SBC with a very small cam. It has a 3 SPD auto column shift trans (not sure if its a th350 or a 400, didn't look at the pan). Also has a 12 bolt rear with what seems to be low gears. It also is a PB and PS truck on 6 lug rear.

Anyways, here are some pictures for now and eventually I have plans for it down the road (L's swap, lowered and painted).

I do know brothers trucks sells the bedside steps but is there a bracket the truck is missing for them? Previous owner did side exhaust and it come out where the steps would be.

Thanks for looking, Justin.
Jmc69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
chopit

Re: New guy from Delaware

Nice lookin' truck and a cool thing to do for your dad!

Welcome to the board.

If you look at this pic there are 2 bolt holes on the front bottom so there must be a bracket. might find it on site linked to pic.

http://www.gmcpauls.com/pictures/swbbedsteps.jpg

or most likely it was riveted/welded to frame like the AD trucks and you'll have to hit the junkyard.

Post your question up in the 67-72 section and you'll get quicker response from guys that have/know that truck inside out. I'm an AD guy

Last edited by chopit; 01-31-2016 at 07:08 PM.
chopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
Jmc69c10

Re: New guy from Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopit View Post
Nice lookin' truck and a cool thing to do for your dad!

Welcome to the board.

If you look at this pic there are 2 bolt holes on the front bottom so there must be a bracket. might find it on site linked to pic.

http://www.gmcpauls.com/pictures/swbbedsteps.jpg

or most likely it was riveted/welded to frame like the AD trucks and you'll have to hit the junkyard.

Post your question up in the 67-72 section and you'll get quicker response from guys that have/know that truck inside out. I'm an AD guy
Cool. Thanks man. I've been a lurker of this site for a while because I've wanted a old C10 and finally bit the bullet and bought this. My Pop is going to KILL me. Haha.
Jmc69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote