The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
jr2k3_esq

booster selection HeLp

Hey guys,
Been a while since I posted here, my project has been back burnered for the last 18 months with arrival of my daughter. I just got enough spare cash to get a couple parts but I need help with what I need. Here's the story.

I have a 1970 C20 LB that I have swapped rear axle and A-Arms out with C10 gear (5 lug off a 74)

I need to get a drum/disc master, and a booster off a C10 as well do I not?
I went to the parts store today and when I asked for a booster for a 71 C10 he asked me if I wanted an AC Delco style or Bendix. I didn't have an answer for him and am here now.

This is what is currently on the truck:

From what I understand it's easier to get a booster off a 71-72 for an easier fit, same with the disc/drum master correct? as well as a prop valve.
Is there a difference between the Delco and Bendix style? would either work? Any help with a parts list and info would be great! I am starting to hurt in my heart when I see my poor ol girl sitting so dormant and this gives me new hope. Thanks again

JR
jr2k3_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: booster selection HeLp

whats wrong with the one there.
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
jr2k3_esq

I don't know if there was anything wrong with it, the few feet I have ever driven it the pedal stuck to the floor. Mainly I don't know the history of it or what it's off of. If I remember I seen c30 written on it in paint pen along with a junk yard receipt for it in the glove box. The master doesn't look in good shape and figured if I were replacing one I may as well do the other.

I am also new and have little to no experience with this, so any input is appreciated as well.

JR
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
jr2k3_esq

I found this in an old thread using the trusty search tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B. View Post
Not really a question of which one is better, but which one a truck is supposed to have. '67-'70 all used Bendix, '71-'72 with disc brakes used Delco. They are not interchangeable because the master cylinder push rod is a different length. The brackets that mount the booster to the firewall are different, too.
it also went on to say that the push rod length is different from C10 to C20 so some modification will have to be done anyways. Question is do I get a Bendix because my truck is a 70, and get a disc/drum master off a 71-72? or do I need to go all Delco because I want to replace both.

Sorry for being a Noob (haha) we all started somewhere right?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
rsavage

You have a dual diaphragm booster. It is thicker but smaller in diameter than the single diaphragm booster and was used, I believe, on the 4X4 and 20, 30 trucks. There are two different firewall brackets that were used, a shorter set for the dual booster and the longer set for the single. Take your booster in with you so you get the right one. You will need it as a core anyways. That whole set up will work on your C10, but you will need to get the correct mc and proportioning valve for disc/drum.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote