The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Lee72

Can you replace entire floor pan with rockers still on cab?

Bought a truck from out west. Rockers were rusty. 3 of 4 cab supports have a soft spot on them. Truck isn’t rotted out by any means. I have a complete floor pan form another project just sitting here. Was only going to replace the cab supports and rockers. Once I got in there, I see I need the outer floor pan at the rear cab mount. Have the rocker cut out and new one fitted but not installed. Front and rear pillars are fine and require a good sanding, so I have a solid attachment point. Is it possible to replace the rockers first and then do the floor pan? Think it would give additional support to the cab along with appropriate bracing. Plus have an edge to line up floor pan to. I’m only asking because a I saw truck for sale on Facebook that has had the floor replaced. In his pics he didn’t cut the rockers out as he was doing the pan. Thanks in advance.
Lee72 is offline   Reply With Quote