The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
silversnail86

Some Qs before i install shift kit

OK, I wanna start off by saying that I soon plan to go manual but til I get the parts together I want to keep my 700r4 in working order. There is no slipping or anything, I have a torque conveter lock-up shudder. I read some where on third gen to clean the ____ screen, governor maybe... and I want to clean the valve body out while I'm in there. My trans is an 86 model not sure of were that screen is or even if there is one in mine

The furthest I've ever been into a trans was to replace the throttle valve spring. I do filters everyday but thats pretty much it.

Anyway I ordered a b&m shift improver kit. My thinking being that i would then have instructions. I understand that the kit just increases line pressure and is hard on old parts, so lets not talk about that. I am thinking I should probably remove and clean all the valves and dealybobs not just the ones the kit effects. And is there anything else while I'm in that area I should do? Sorry about the long explanation I ramble sometimes.
Thanks in advance.
silversnail86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
silversnail86

Re: Some Qs before i install shift kit

Looking back the post about the screen was on here and it was the governor screen, but that post says the screen is under the auxillary valve body which mine shoudn't have? Right? So where is that little bugger on mine? a pre 87'?
silversnail86 is offline   Reply With Quote