The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
IndyRich

NEW Carlisle swap at Auburn, IND auction Labor Day Wnd

Don't know why a MOderator moved my previous thread to Pennsylvania...because this has nothing to do with Penn.

Sorry if this has been talked about, but I just discovered that the storied Labor Day Auburn Indiana auto auction ( this auction was the "Barrett Jackson", before Barrett Jackson was big) which was sold last year to RM auctions has licensed out the swap meet to Carlisle....yes THE Carlisle.
I went to the Auburn auction about 10 years ago to see all the Duesenbergs, Cords, Lambos, Porsche's, and muscle cars, but I was not into these trucks yet.

Anyone go to the swap meet or can anyone tell me if its' any good? I've always heard great things about Carlisle in Penn. so I have to imagine it will be good for them to put their name on it.

Here is the link:http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/auburn-fall/
IndyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: NEW Carlisle swap at Auburn, IND auction Labor Day Wnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRich View Post
Don't know why a MOderator moved my previous thread to Pennsylvania...because this has nothing to do with Penn.
That would be the thread relocation police, did the same thing on the thread for the four day monster event know as the annual "April Portland Swap Meet", the largest swapmeet on the west cost w/over 5,000 vendors and 100,000 attendees. This event pulls people in from all over the country, lots of folks from Canada, WA., ID., MT., CA. & NV. yet the thread was moved into the Oregon regional area were no one viewed again once moved there, and I think you have to be a member just to get into this area. The events and info is good fun for everybody and if you dont like cars shows or swap meets just move on, kinda like people posting an upcoming car show or a "small time" board guy posting a thread for an upcoming weekend barbecue open invite to boardmembers, why move it were nobody can see it? I have noticed several events getting moved in the recent past, yet some others when the thread poster/postees have board clout/status they stay on the main board getting thousands of views. Mel
Classic Bowties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: NEW Carlisle swap at Auburn, IND auction Labor Day Wnd

Posts being moved to the regional forums has nothing to do with "board clout/status". They are moved to the proper forum as we find them. There are circumstances where a member requests permission in advance of his posting, and uses the event to promote the site. The Executive Staff does allow this type of event to be promoted if it caters to promoting the site, and is for the benefit of site members in general.

There are hundreds of events each year like the "April Portland Swap Meet" that are attended by forum members. Can you imagine how cluttered the forums would be if announcement posts for all of the massive amounts of swap meets, truck shows, and cruise nights remained in the year specific forums?

The Forum Staff members work hard to keep a smooth running board for all to enjoy. There is no doubt we sometimes miss posts that should be moved to another forum. My suggestion would be to offer assistance to the staff by using the "Report Post" feature if you see a post in the wrong place. Your support would be appreciated a lot more than your criticism.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote